Open today: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Wonderful Trip in Hanoi

I planned this trip to Hanoi for 11 days six months ahead and did intensive research for travel... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
UnavoidableFamilyOcc
via mobile
An excellent agency, could not wish for better

We have just completed a three week tour of three countries, seven flights and ten locations. Nhung... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
John B

Recommended experiences in and around Hanoi
from USD 279.00
from USD 100.00
from USD 42.00
from USD 135.00
More Info
All reviews cruise critic celebrity millennium tour company day trip shore excursion ngoc linh le thi halong bay whats app ho chi minh city private tour final itinerary mekong delta cambodia trip regular contact exceeded all our expectations ankor wat
Reviewed 2 April 2018

DON"T HESITATE to USE THIS COMPANY!

After much research, I chose Authentic Asia for many reasons- their prompt responses, great & comprehensive itinerary, fair & reasonable prices. My choice could not have turned out any better! I had found a few great reviews on Cruise Critic and on TA and I called and emailed Authentic Asia many times. The owner, Ngoan, went out of her way to meet us in Hanoi during a trip we had to Viet Nam 6 months prior with another tour company (before we discovered Authentic Asia) and before to finalizing our booking with her. We fell in love with her honesty, sincerity, her positive and warm personality, and desire to please us and make us happy!

This extraordinary tour company put together a fantastic 3 week land tour for 4- my husband and me and our friends. It began in Thailand- in and around Bangkok, Chang Mai, Chang Rai, Laos- in and around Luang Prang, and Cambodia- in and around Siem Reap.

What I really liked about working with Ngoan was her prompt and thorough responses to all my questions, countless requests, and attention to details. Not only did she have a fabulous itinerary planned for us, but she also promptly and happily added all the requests I had for additional sites! Ngoan is the epitomy of organization. This is something I find necessary in order to make the most of a relatively short amount of time to see so much. Although we saw everything we wanted to see, we never felt rushed, and although each day held a definite schedule with specific sites, Authentic Asia built in flexibility. I requested a boat trip (and 1 night's stay) on the Mekong in Laos and Ngoan booked this for us. She also booked all our inner flights. Travel Authentic Asia also made sure to cater to our dietary needs and preferences and this was reflected in the wonderful restaurants/meals that were included and that they chose for us.

Everything went as clockwork! We were promptly met at every airport by wonderful drivers and friendly, knowledgeable guides who spoke excellent English. All vans were new, air conditioned, had many bottles of cold water, and cold towel ice packs! On directions from Authentic Asia, our guides even went to the border and crossed over it with us in order to assist with obtaining Visas in Laos. We were well taken care of to the point of being pampered!

I have limited my reviews to the companies/sites/restaurants that are either extraordinary or really terrible (Thank God only a few of terrible reviews), as our visits to 78 countries so far affords me only time to review a choice few. Travel Authentic Asia is so deserving and special for their hard work, professionalism, and superior coordination, that I feel I'm "giving back" as a "thank you" for an absolutely superb trip/tour!!

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank travrel
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Sonny, of Authentic Asia, designed and provided the logistics for an outstanding 30-day tour for us, first south from Hanoi through Vietnam, then up through Cambodia and Laos, returning to Hanoi for some final days. His local knowledge combined with his understanding of our particular interests provided us a marvelous trip! We bounced from our beds each morning, knowing that the day would bring exciting venues and unexpected happenings of a good sort--historical sites, excellent guides and capable drivers.

We are an academic/ research couple, and Sonny understood our interest in the cultural sites and ancient wonders, and targeted each day to splendid sights. Additionally, our Mekong River cruise refreshed and delighted us with views of the daily life of Delta dwellers.

Every day proved a success for the entire trip! The hotels, a mixture of 4 and 5 star, were just right, with the 4 star providing us with local attention and extraordinary service from these smaller hotels, and the occasional 5 star the colonial ambiance and high level of facility of the old grand hotels of the French days.

In other words, we recommend most highly this firm and the attentions of Sonny! He followed us virtually throughout the travel, he and his assistant talking with our guides, and calling us at intervals to check on us. We felt completely supported.

May many travel to Vietnam and the old Indochina to enjoy this fascinating region, under the protective umbrella of Sonny and Authentic Asia!

By Catherine McDole Rao, of Seattle, Washington, for travel in February, 2018.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 27 March 2018

I and my friend’s family have already had a great trip to Halong Bay this March. We worked with Ms Jenny and she took care of us for the whole trip. The boat (Swan cruise) is great and food are delicious. Staff on board are nice, too. All of transfer are punctual and safe. Highly recommend Travel Authentic Asia for those who are seeking for a trip to Hanoi and Halong Bay!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 27 March 2018

We arranged our shore excursions for Celebrity Millennium through Ngoan of Travel Authentic Asia. We contacted a few other tour companies but found TAA was great to work with to customize the itineraries for us and offered the best price. Ngoan was professional, responsive and so accommodating to our requests.

We booked 6 Vietnam tours with Ngoan for Ho Chi Minh, Hue, Halong Countryside, Halong Bay and Bai Tu Long Bay. After posting the itineraries on Cruise Critic, there was a big turnout on these tours. We had a big group of 89 people that split into 12 to 16 each group. Each tour included a delicious lunch at the local restaurants. We were surprised with the 8 course lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant in Hue, an ancient house with a lovely garden, especially food was very tasty and beautifully presented.

At each port, guides and buses were there waiting for us. Excellent local guides, they were professional, knowledgeable and funny. We visited all the main sites and attractions. In Halong, guides also offered extended tour to the Flower Festival at no extra cost. Ngoan was brilliant at taking notes and it was a nice surprise that she had small gifts to a couple of ladies on their birthdays.

Many thanks to Ngoan/Travel Authentic Asia and guides for providing amazing tours with excellent service. We had an awesome trip and truly enjoyed every moment of the wonderful excursions. We will absolutely use Travel Authentic Asia again and highly recommend Ngoan and this tour company to everyone!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Myself and three friends decided to travel in Vietnam and Laos, after volunteering in Cambodia for two weeks. We decided we wanted a tour organized for us, as we felt we would be tired after the volunteering, and just wanted to be taken care of. And, we were, without a hitch.

I started a search on Google to find a travel company to use for our tour. After looking at four, I decided on Authentic Asia Travel for a few reasons. My communication was with Mr. Sonny. From day one, he would respond to my emails in a timely fashion, considering the time change. I read a number of reviews, and I liked what I was reading. As well, Mr Sonny provided references for us to check, and they all had glowing reports.

Mr Sonny and I started to look at a tour they offer, going from the south to the central and on to north Vietnam. The four of us had done research as to things we did want to see while travelling through Vietnam. Laos had come recommended to me, so we decided to include a couple of days in Luang Prabang, Laos. The tour from south to north Vietnam was customized for us. I would suggest things we were interested in seeing or doing, and Sonny would give me his thoughts on them. He provided me with good advise as to whether or not it was a good idea to to it. After going back and forth with emails, the tour was finalized.

Our tour started in Ho Chi Minh City, with an exhilarating scooter tour of the city, and a food tour. The tour went without a hitch! We were given a cell phone to use in case we needed to reach them, or they needed to reach us. But, we failed to realize it needed to be charge. So, every time we got into a van to go somewhere, Ms Jenny would call us to see how things were going. There were so many highlights to the tour It would take too long to mention them all. One was a scooter tour of Ho Chi Minh City, including food. it was great fun, and exhilarating riding around on the scooters, and even more so, as the Vietnamese were celebrating coming second in the Under23 Asian Soccer Championships. We did a cooking course which was great fun and yummy! Even paddled a bamboo boat! Our experiences were truly authentic! We were so well looked after!

Our last night in Hanoi, we were treated to dinner by Mr Sonny, and given a gift. It was a wonderful way to end our amazing trip. And, nice to meet Mr Sonny having communicated with him. His company, Authentic Asia Travel provides a first class service. I highly recommend the company, if you want an authentic experience.

Thank you, Mr. Sonny for an amazing tour!

Date of experience: February 2018