“Unbelievable food and guide”

Hanoi Street Food Tour
Ranked #14 of 229 Food & Drink in Hanoi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hanoi street food tour is a leading local travel company located inside old quarter . Our company is not only organizing for street food walking tours ,but also organzing for sightseeing food eating by motorbike, cyclo tours,biking tours and organizing City sightseeing street food tours on the back of a scooters !
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We went here based on the tripadvisor reviews and our guide was Loan. It says go hungry but I wasn’t expecting 7 dishes all of which where AMAZING!!! I couldn’t recommend enough and Loan was a great guide talking us through everything and was full of energy which was perfect. The best thing to do in Hanoi for sure ! If you get Loan as your guide your lucky person

Write a ReviewReviews (5,174)
All reviews
in 81 reviews
"banh mi"
in 103 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We went on our first day in Hanoi and it gave us a great experience of Vietnamese food. The group went to 7 restaurants - all of which would be ones we would have walked straight past if not on the tour - and the food was incredible at all of them. From soups to noodles, pancakes to ice cream and mango, all were delicious

The group we were with were great and the guide Sunny was brilliant. She gave us really useful information combined with a great sense of humour

Definitely one for everyone to try when in Hanoi and for $20 a bargain considering that includes food and drink!

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We had a great experience with our guide Mango. Good food, good company, great nights out... We went to places that I normally would have skipped, but it was really nice to meet this new side of Hanoi

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Firstly I must say my guide Miss Potato was lovely. She made everybody in our small group of six very welcome and was a wealth of knowledge on everything about Vietnam and the culture.

We made our way through the back streets stopping at very “local style” places to try their particular style of food. Forget the big fancy places, this was street food at it’s best. A wide variety of food was on offer and I came away at the end of the night quite full.

Be prepared for a good walk as the walking tour lasted just over three hours. There are some narrow spiral stairs to climb as well. This tour is great value for the small amount of money it costs.

..... and to the lovely Miss “sweet” Potato all I can say is a big thank-you and be prepared to see me again in September when I bring my tour group of hungry Australians back to see you and do your tour again.

1  Thank Howard B
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I specifically researched a street food tour that could cater to my husband's SEVERE peanut allergy, and this one came with rave reviews...and for good reason! We opted for the scooter tour, since we only had one night in Hanoi and wanted to venture a little outside the Old Quarter. Vivian was our guide. Both she and her colleague were not only safe and fun on the scooters, but spoke wonderful English and managed to order food for us without any peanuts! (My husband's allergies are so severe that cross-contamination is an issue, but again, he never suffered any type of reaction on this tour!) Splurge for the scooter tour if you can - it's fun and you'll get to see the beautiful city while eating delicious food!