“An absolute must for travel enthusiasts!”

Kim Tours - Private Day Trips
Ranked #769 of 908 Tours in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: Kim tours established in 1993 at 137 Hang Bac street - Hoan Kien - Hanoi which is one of the most famous Budget travel companies organizing tour packages and daily excursions for oreign travelers to discover all corners of Vietnam,Laos,Cambodia .Growing up together with innovating policy of our government ,day by day Kimtours expands their services to demand all tourist's needs and travel agencies's expectations ,from there to now Kimtours has had high recommended by Travellers and Famous Guide books as one of the most experience ,valuable and competitive tour operator in Vietnam . Here is some of famous Vietnam Guide Books that have recommended Kim tours . Le guide du Routard Vietnam published in 1995,1997,1999,2001,2003,2005,2007 and 2009 by Hachette in France Troptter Clup Guide book Vietnam 2009 published in Netherland Key Travel To Vietnam Guide Book in UK
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This was our first visit to Vietnam, having spent last summer in Thailand my partner and I were eager to try somewhere new this year. We'd always wanted to visit Vietnam, due to its rich history, and most importantly, the food! The tourist guides here were very friendly, and made the experience extremely enjoyable indeed. During our time, we were able to take in some fantastic sights, and some of the lushest greenest countryside that you're ever likely to see in your entire lives. We saw temples, rivers, lakes, and quaint little villages. We were worried that we'd struggle to communicate with our guides, or understand what they were saying, but they spoke better English than some people from my city here in the UK! The food was great, the sights were even better, and the tour itself was well worth the money.

All reviews
"a great tour guide"
"first night"
"great insight"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"cherry"
in 5 reviews
"lesson"
in 5 reviews
"dishes"
in 6 reviews
"moon"

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I was a bit apprehensive about using Kim Tours when I saw some negative reviews about them. But I gave it a go still ‘coz I’ve seen some really great reviews as well. I always have this uncanny habit of trusting my gut feel. Add to that, my good friend Trang – my Vietnamese counterpart in the software company I work for, recommended Kim Tours to me as the best in their country.

‘Guess not all situations are really alike. I find the tour guides really accommodating & warm, and they really tried their best to make us comfortable during the tour. The tours are priced just right, plus the seat sale in the airline I used also helped me save on my visit to Vietnam. My friend and I had a great time visiting the villages in Hanoi, and we had a taste of some Vietnamese food –they are a bit spicy for my taste, though Thai food is spicier.

Great, warm & friendly people! Over-all, Kim Tours provided me the best possible experience for a trip to this foreign country, and that is despite of some political issues that are all over the news.

1  Thank Susan G
Reviewed 20 June 2013

My husband had a business trip in Vietnam. I decided to tag along and wanted to find a reputable place to lead us on a great tour and show us all that Vietnam has to offer. This was my first trip out of the Country so needless to say, I was a bit nervous. Kim Tours employees immediately made me feel comfortable. Not only was the tour affordable, it was an excellent way to spend the day!
We saw so many of Vietnam's greatest sites. Ha Long Bay and the villages of the H'mong were by far my favorite and so beautiful.
The only bad part about the tour was the obvious language barrier since my husband and I don't speak Vietnamese. However, Kim Tours does their best to guide travelers who speak all languages. I am sure we missed out on some information during the tour but for the most part, we learned a lot and I left the tour feeling like I was more knowledgeable about Vietnam.
Overall, Kim tours introduced us to new people and new cultures and I would definitely use them again someday if I'm lucky enough to go back to Vietnam.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

We have travelled extensively round the world and never experienced anything so bad. Kim Tours sells their tours to other tour guides who are not informed of what you have paid for, cant speak english adequately and fail to explain anything (ACS Tours in our case). Halong Bay trip is a complete con and having paid a high premium tour cost we were then asked to pay for kayaks which were included in what we have paid,Our 'guide' Thang (Tony) denied our 2 and 9 year old kids the kayak use and threatended to leave us all in the middle of the sea !! Transport was probably the oldest bus in Hanoi and barely airconditioned with broken seats and a top speed of 40kms. Crooks stay well clear of them.

5  Thank Adam499
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My experience with Kim Tours was awful - with the trip to Halong Bay a complete disaster (as discussed in the review below).

Unfortunately, the previous day in Sapa was also "taken care of" by Kim Tours.

We had organised a jeep to take us on a drive to view the terraces around Sapa and visit the local villages before doing a 2 km walk to meet some other tribes, view the handicrafts as well as lunch.

Well, there was no jeep - we were told that it would be a 12 - yes, TWELVE - kilometre hike across some pretty rugged terrain. We had a 2 - yes, TWO - year old baby with us so who on earth would have made a mistake like this? As a result baby and father had to stay at the hotel and miss out on the day's tour.

Overall, the hike was very good - but the guide did not offer any explanations as to what we were seeing - choosing to walk ahead most of the time with another Sapa villager. She was willing to answer questions when asked though.

I spoke to Binh about this mix up very calmly and he immediately started shouting at me and eventually hung up - saying that if we wanted a jeep, we should have called him.

Based on the Sapa experience, I tried to cancel Halong Bay but was told it was impossible. So rather than forfeit the $US138 we had paid, I decided to make a go of it. Ooops.

In addition to what is mentioned below by Cassandra about the Halong bay trip, I think the following points are also noteworthy:

- The 'lunch' at Halong Bay was awful: served at 2pm and consisted of steamed fish, scrambled egg, a plate of steamed cabbage, a few spring rolls, steamed rice and a plate of peanuts. It was all stone cold and offered very little for the vegetarians on the cruise who were promised suitable food (cabbage, egg, rice and peanuts is hardly a meal). I ate nothing.

- At the sea kayak, a very vocal exchange took place with several tourists getting involved. Someone from the kayaking company (I'm guessing) actually made a threatening gesture towards my wife as though he was going to hit her with a pith helmet. I stepped in and at 6 ft 2 was a little intimidating for the 5 ft assailant.

- Our guide provided no communication at any point apart from pointing out the attractions on the itinerary, After the heated discussion at the kayaks, he was a bit stressed so rather than try to deal with the situation, he had a cup of tea and smoked a 'bong' (pictures attached)

- We lost a person at the cave and our guide insisted that everyone was on board. The German guy who was travelling with the missing person pointed out his friend was not back and we waited. Otherwise, I am sure we would have left without him - our guide insisted he had 'counted'. Perhaps it was the bong?

- I do not know of anybody on the cruise / bus ride who was happy with the deal they received and I spoke to most.

- Rather than deal with the bus ride home on the same unroadworthy vehicle, our group of 8 chose to hire our own taxi back to Hanoi which cost $US100

Halong Bay was a waste of a day as far as I am concerned.

I have been informed that Kim Tours refunded 50% of the total cost of Halong Bay asking us not to post to social media. Unfortunately, I had already typed this before I found out and was not going to let it go to waste.

3  Thank Andrew L