“Good place to stay - Slightly off the old quarters”

The Hanoi Club Hotel & Lake Palais Residences
Ranked #192 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 26 December 2016

We stayed at the hotel for 5 days and the room was good size with King size bed. They charged extra for child while it did not show up during our booking on Agoda.
Not many options for Vegetarians at the hotel. There is a coffee bean at 0.5Km or few Indian restaurants on both sides around 1 Km away. Approx 4Km from old quarters and taxi charges upto 50K VND if you get an honest taxi driver. The service staff was good and the gym is well equipped. Once you get outside the hotel, there are small shops to buy any essential items. We did not get a room with lake view but that might be something you pay extra for.

Room Tip: Option to take rooms with lake view
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 December 2016

We checked into the Hanoi Club after leaving our previous hotel outside of the city and before catching the night train to Sapa. We didn't want to haul our luggage for the day as we went around Hanoi, and we also wanted to be able to shower and relax before our 9 pm train. The room was just what we needed, and my daughters enjoyed the gym while we napped. We were also able to leave a suitcase there for free for 5 days while we went to Sapa and Ha Long Bay. Because everything is so cheap here, we decided we could splurge on the Hanoi Club for comfort and convenience!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

The rooms were okay but a little small. No room service after 10pm and no in room dining after that either. Would expect better from a so called 4 star hotel. Checked in pretty late and was there for only one night on our way to Catba so can't comment much about other facilities.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2016

A very disappointing four day stay. Not only is the place tired but it’s dirty. I happened to drop an almond on day one and it was still there on day four. In other words the room was never vacuumed during my entire stay. The housekeepers clean the rooms in bare feet. That’s a new one for me.

Now for the worst aspect of my stay, the bed bugs. At first I thought my skin was dry but eventually I started suspecting the worst. I combed the internet hoping not to confirm my fear, but I could not. Everything I read confirmed my suspicion.

As bad as the bed bugs were, the manager’s reaction, or should I say non-reaction to it was just as bad. First, the manager threw up a defense wall of low level employees, refusing to even speak with me. What I had to tell him I was pretty sure he didn’t want spread around and eventually he agreed to lower himself enough to meet with me.

Clearly he has never received customer satisfaction training. Everything that came out of his mouth only increased my anger. He made me show him the bites, some of which were in areas I was unwilling to reveal. Eventually he agreed to move me to another room and waive the last night, but only because I fought and threatened.
They should have been fawning all over me after that and informing the balance of the staff to ensure the balance of my stay was flawless, but no one cares at this establishment and they are probably not given any authority either.

Not a glass of wine, a fruit basket or even a tube of cortisone cream for the bites all over my back and chest. Bottom line, no one cares and they don’t appear to have the training to know how to satisfy a very distraught customer.

I was surprised by all this as the hotel had four stars on Trip Advisor. But then I noticed that a very large percentage of the hotels listed on the site have a full five stars. I trust the site but I will be suspicious of its accuracy in Vietnam at a minimum.

Room Tip: None. Even the suites are dirty with stained carpeting.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2016

I liked the hotel, the room and the staff. The view of the lake is first-rate. If weather is good, you can dine outside with a view of the lake. In between, however, is a golf driving range (people hit golf balls into the lake!). It's about a $3-4 US taxi ride to the old quarter, but with traffic it can take 20-30 minutes. The only downside for me is that the restaurant isn't particularly good.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Travellers also viewed these Hanoi hotels
2.4 km away
2.9 km away
Boss Legend Hotel
Boss Legend Hotel
#107 of 607 in Hanoi

Been to The Hanoi Club Hotel & Lake Palais Residences? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Hanoi Club Hotel & Lake Palais Residences

Address: 76 Yen Phu Street | Tay ho District, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam
Region: Vietnam > Hanoi
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Casino Hotel in Hanoi
#38 Business Hotel in Hanoi
#39 Family Hotel in Hanoi
#40 Romantic Hotel in Hanoi
#57 Luxury Hotel in Hanoi
#73 Spa Hotel in Hanoi
Price Range: $87 - $119 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — The Hanoi Club Hotel & Lake Palais Residences 4*
Situated on the banks of Hanoi's largest lake, the West Lake, The Hanoi Club Hotel & Lake Palais Residences offers a first-class accommodation with uninterrupted panoramic views. The luxurious property provides professional service in a relaxing atmosphere with a long list of facilities which include fitness center, Bonus Club Jackpot and Gaming Center, Panda Kid's Club and Arena Golf Driving Range, making it a perfect rendezvous spot for either business or casual get-together. Aside from the hotel facilities, in-room amenities are also arranged to ensure you a comfortable stay. For those looking for an upscale establishment with a wealth of activities and kid-friendly, The Hanoi Club Hotel & Lake Palais Residences makes a perfect solution. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au and Cancelon so you can book your The Hanoi Club Hotel & Lake Palais Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Hanoi Club Hotel Hanoi