All reviews signature room tennis courts swimming pool golf range old quarter nice hotel housekeeping staff ha noi business trip other hotels pho halong bay gym facilities taxi pagoda street
Reviewed 26 December 2016

We checked into the Hanoi Club after leaving our previous hotel outside of the city and before catching the night train to Sapa. We didn't want to haul our luggage for the day as we went around Hanoi, and we also wanted to be able to shower and relax before our 9 pm train. The room was just what we needed, and my daughters enjoyed the gym while we napped. We were also able to leave a suitcase there for free for 5 days while we went to Sapa and Ha Long Bay. Because everything is so cheap here, we decided we could splurge on the Hanoi Club for comfort and convenience!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

The rooms were okay but a little small. No room service after 10pm and no in room dining after that either. Would expect better from a so called 4 star hotel. Checked in pretty late and was there for only one night on our way to Catba so can't comment much about other facilities.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2016

A very disappointing four day stay. Not only is the place tired but it’s dirty. I happened to drop an almond on day one and it was still there on day four. In other words the room was never vacuumed during my entire stay. The housekeepers clean the rooms in bare feet. That’s a new one for me.

Now for the worst aspect of my stay, the bed bugs. At first I thought my skin was dry but eventually I started suspecting the worst. I combed the internet hoping not to confirm my fear, but I could not. Everything I read confirmed my suspicion.

As bad as the bed bugs were, the manager’s reaction, or should I say non-reaction to it was just as bad. First, the manager threw up a defense wall of low level employees, refusing to even speak with me. What I had to tell him I was pretty sure he didn’t want spread around and eventually he agreed to lower himself enough to meet with me.

Clearly he has never received customer satisfaction training. Everything that came out of his mouth only increased my anger. He made me show him the bites, some of which were in areas I was unwilling to reveal. Eventually he agreed to move me to another room and waive the last night, but only because I fought and threatened.
They should have been fawning all over me after that and informing the balance of the staff to ensure the balance of my stay was flawless, but no one cares at this establishment and they are probably not given any authority either.

Not a glass of wine, a fruit basket or even a tube of cortisone cream for the bites all over my back and chest. Bottom line, no one cares and they don’t appear to have the training to know how to satisfy a very distraught customer.

I was surprised by all this as the hotel had four stars on Trip Advisor. But then I noticed that a very large percentage of the hotels listed on the site have a full five stars. I trust the site but I will be suspicious of its accuracy in Vietnam at a minimum.

Room Tip: None. Even the suites are dirty with stained carpeting.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2016

I liked the hotel, the room and the staff. The view of the lake is first-rate. If weather is good, you can dine outside with a view of the lake. In between, however, is a golf driving range (people hit golf balls into the lake!). It's about a $3-4 US taxi ride to the old quarter, but with traffic it can take 20-30 minutes. The only downside for me is that the restaurant isn't particularly good.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank JMB-NLY
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Awesome! Great hotel in a quiet and peaceful place in Hanoi. Not the old quarter but the west lake. Much nicer and less traffic.

Breakfast is great. Rooms are big and beds wide. Full functioning A/C. Great bathroom and stunning bath!

Just the wifi..not up to modern standard.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
HNCManager, Manager at The Hanoi Club Hotel & Lake Palais Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2016

Dear Washant,
Thank you so much for taking time to write this review.

It is wonderful to know that you are sastified with our peaceful location, our room and our breakfast. we are trying to upgrade our wifi system to a morden version.

we wish you are hapy and successfully and hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,