The Hanoi Club Hotel & Lake Palais Residences
Ranked #195 of 606 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 8 November 2016

A very disappointing four day stay. Not only is the place tired but it’s dirty. I happened to drop an almond on day one and it was still there on day four. In other words the room was never vacuumed during my entire stay. The housekeepers clean the rooms in bare feet. That’s a new one for me.

Now for the worst aspect of my stay, the bed bugs. At first I thought my skin was dry but eventually I started suspecting the worst. I combed the internet hoping not to confirm my fear, but I could not. Everything I read confirmed my suspicion.

As bad as the bed bugs were, the manager’s reaction, or should I say non-reaction to it was just as bad. First, the manager threw up a defense wall of low level employees, refusing to even speak with me. What I had to tell him I was pretty sure he didn’t want spread around and eventually he agreed to lower himself enough to meet with me.

Clearly he has never received customer satisfaction training. Everything that came out of his mouth only increased my anger. He made me show him the bites, some of which were in areas I was unwilling to reveal. Eventually he agreed to move me to another room and waive the last night, but only because I fought and threatened.
They should have been fawning all over me after that and informing the balance of the staff to ensure the balance of my stay was flawless, but no one cares at this establishment and they are probably not given any authority either.

Not a glass of wine, a fruit basket or even a tube of cortisone cream for the bites all over my back and chest. Bottom line, no one cares and they don’t appear to have the training to know how to satisfy a very distraught customer.

I was surprised by all this as the hotel had four stars on Trip Advisor. But then I noticed that a very large percentage of the hotels listed on the site have a full five stars. I trust the site but I will be suspicious of its accuracy in Vietnam at a minimum.

Room Tip: None. Even the suites are dirty with stained carpeting.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 October 2016

I liked the hotel, the room and the staff. The view of the lake is first-rate. If weather is good, you can dine outside with a view of the lake. In between, however, is a golf driving range (people hit golf balls into the lake!). It's about a $3-4 US taxi ride to the old quarter, but with traffic it can take 20-30 minutes. The only downside for me is that the restaurant isn't particularly good.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

Awesome! Great hotel in a quiet and peaceful place in Hanoi. Not the old quarter but the west lake. Much nicer and less traffic.

Breakfast is great. Rooms are big and beds wide. Full functioning A/C. Great bathroom and stunning bath!

Just the wifi..not up to modern standard.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
HNCManager, Manager at The Hanoi Club Hotel & Lake Palais Residences, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2016

Dear Washant,
Thank you so much for taking time to write this review.

It is wonderful to know that you are sastified with our peaceful location, our room and our breakfast. we are trying to upgrade our wifi system to a morden version.

we wish you are hapy and successfully and hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,

Monica-Duty manager

Reviewed 16 October 2016

we stayed here with my family the first week of October... It was incredibly perfect for a family getaway...everything is perfect and professionals when it comes to service,My Family was so satisfied by the facilities and service...we will definitely coming back and will recommend the place as well...

Stayed: October 2016

Dear Sherwina F,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay in our hotel and taking time to review us.
It is so great to see your wonderful comment, we wish to welcome you back at the soonest time.

Best Regards,

Monica-Duty Manager

Reviewed 16 October 2016

Stayed here for 5 nights. Appreciated being away from the busyness of the Old Quarter, but close enough to get their quickly if needed. The fitness facilities are excellent - lots of weight machines, free weights, and cardio equipment. The pool was also good for lap swimming. If you need a coffee fix, there is a "Coffee Bean and Tea" a few blocks away, the food was very delicious, I love spring roll,they served the best quality & professional service. Staff were friendly and helpful.i hope to get back one more time when i back Ha Noi.

Room Tip: professional staff, good food & freshhhh
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business