1,768 results
All reviews halong bay old quarter a la carte breakfast top floor parting gift vietnamese coffee amazing staff fresh fruit welcome drink western options boutique hotel rooftop restaurant junior suite breakfast was delicious hoan kiem lake the hotel staff french quarter
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived at La Selva on 31 March. Wonderful hotel with very clean rooms. Staff so friendly. We were leaving early in the morning and we were able to order our breakfast the night before so that it was ready before we left. Very close to everything and would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank uwebausch
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Great stay, well located in the Old Quarter and near the Park. Very nice staff who made our stay very pleasant from start to finish - always with the right attentions! Highly recommend and great value for money!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ben P
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We couldn't be more pleased with La Selva and the lovely staff. They arranged a pick up at the airport which was efficient and reasonable. We were greeted with a lobby full of smiles and a warm welcome. The decor is simple but with lots of green plants, a signature element of La Selva. One can certainly find fancier hotels with more expanded service options but we found La Selva perfect for our needs and a great value for money. The location in the old town allowed easy walking to most shopping and sights. We felt very safe in the area even at night. The included breakfast was a la cart but several choices including local cuisine. We had arranged through them for a boat trip around Ha Long Bay (reviewed separately) which worked out perfectly.

Room tip: Some rooms have windows to small atrium rather than to the outside.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tholepin
Reviewed 3 April 2018

First... per La Selva management’s request, I am resubmitting this Hotel’s review. BUT, I am not upping my star rating and I have declined their refund offer for that favor. I find it odd that most of La Selva’s ratings are 5 stars, yet most are submitted from new TripAdvisor reviewers. I use TripAdvisor extensively for my own bookings and I’m hopeful that I can continue to do so without the hotel’s pressures and influences of their customers reviews. My review remains the same as my original submission except for what is in all caps below.

THIS IS A VERY NICE HOTEL WITH SUPERIOR STAFF. THE STAFF DESERVES A 5 STAR RATING!!! La Selva is a nice boutique Hotel. It has its quarks but, their prices are very reasonable for this section of Hanoi, the “Old Quarter.” The reception that you receive upon arrival is stellar. They take the time to familiarize you with the neighborhood, noting points of interest and good restaurants, all on an easy to follow map. The decor is upscale-fun and comfortable. The staff is amazing, they even packed a “to go” breakfast for us because we had to checkout pre-breakfast.

Some quarks: Our room didn’t have a real window, they simulated one by adding a window to a chase shaft & adding some fake hanging plants and lighting. The humidity was very high in this hotel. The shower would flood the bathroom.

All said; the La Selva Hotel is a nice hotel for the money.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank LeppFrog
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Great hotel in a Handy location. Easily some of the best service I experienced in Vietnam. Very clean, modern rooms and great a la carte breakfast (western and Vietnamese). Keep up the good work guys, see you next time.

Trip type: Travelled solo