All reviewsbreakfast servicebreakfast roomold quarterhot waterstreetwifisilkac
Reviewed 12 November 2014

Room 404 is roomy and opens onto a balcony almost the size of the room. It overlooks busy Hang Trong Street from the fifth floor. We arrived in Hanoi with a week left and no plans. We liked the room so well we chose to spend the whole last week in Hanoi.

Americans have ample reason to anticipate a cool reception in the capital of Vietnam. But we met instead the warm welcome from the Lucky Hotel staff. There was even a small American flag on a table in the lobby. They gave us a deal on the room at $45 a night (November 7-12), regularly $50. Centrally located in the Old Quarter, on the shopping street known for silk, we enjoyed a birds-eye view of the busy street and above and behind it, the ancestral homes that have grown to occupy every cubic meter.

Good breakfast included, elevator to the 4th floor, laundry service, big flat-screen TV with 60 channels (about 8 in English), wifi, daily housekeeping expertly timed for our convenience, A/C, good queen bed, well furnished, huge balcony all for $45 a night.

Room Tip: Room 404. There are other Lucky hotels. This review is for the one on 12 Hang Trong.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Booked Lucky 3 but due to heavy rain there was a leak in the room so were taken to Lucky 2.
Think it was much the same so didn't mind at all. The hotel staff were helpful and welcoming at all times. We had a big family room which was clean and nicely presented. However the double bed was the most uncomfortable I have ever slept in so padded it with spare duvets! The bathroom was old and tired. The shower basically had to be hand held or the room flooded as gap all round the bath and that's where the water was aimed in the shower holder.
The balcony was small but pretty. However beware city view means roof tops of neighbouring buildings!
Breakfast was ok if you like eggs.
Location great for city sites.
All in all this hotel was good for the price, handy location and fine for what we required. If you plan to spend much time in your room the TV is great but our room quite dark and lacked that wow factor.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2014

An enduring hotel, the oldest of the three Lucky Hotels and now in need of some upgrading but still a great place to stay. Comfortable, great breakfast, helpful, friendly staff and a great location close to the centre of the city.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank jcc9a
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I traveled to Vietnam earlier this year (2014). I started in the south and made my way through Vietnam finishing in Hanoi. I spent 2 nights the the Lucky hotel. I was very happy with the choice of hotel. It's location was perfect. In was easy to get to and very close to the restaurants and night life in Hanoi. It is also close to a couple shopping malls which was perfect for a little bit of a spending spree to end my vacation in Vietnam.
The staff were brilliant, I was made to feel special throughout my time in the hotel. The rooms are clean and tidy and well presented. The hotel was also great value for money. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to travel to Hanoi.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank James C
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Lucky Hotel. The hotel was clean and well run. There was a good choice of European and Vietnamese breakfasts, all well cooked and presented properly. The rooms were cleaned properly every day and there was always fresh fruit in our room.

There are many restaurants close by and the hotel is situated well for sightseeing

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. They arranged a trip to Ha Long Bay, our plane to Hue and a hotel in Hue. I would definitely stay at the Lucky Hotel again.

Room Tip: Get the best room you can afford. You usually get what you pay for!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple