“Tapas!!!”
Review of La Salsa

La Salsa
Ranked #799 of 2,729 Restaurants in Hanoi
Reviewed 9 November 2015

I stopped here for lunch in this lovely spot and I was extremely satisfied.

The staff were lovely, attentive, and even made the suggestion that I move inside where there was air conditioning and cover from the rain. They made sure I was comfortable, and suggested dishes that I might enjoy. The atmosphere of this place is beautiful, located right on the pond near the Fraser Suites, with a nice calm setting.

For the food, I chose two dishes: King prawn in garlic sauce - the prawns were cooked to perfection, and were delicious. I did think there was a ton of oil that made it slightly unappealing. That being said, they still went down a treat. Spanish Pancake with chicken - These were tasty little pockets of chicken and vegetables, folded and fried. As a bonus, the staff offered me one additional tapas on the house, which turned out to be asparagus wrapped in prosciutto... absolutely delightful. To go with this all, I had the lime and honey iced tea, which was perfectly refreshing.

Pricewise, the cost of the meal was about mid-range, i.e. not for regular consumption but great for an occasional treat.

Reviewed 15 October 2015

Very good food. Very nice and quite place to enjoy morning coffee or fine dining in a romantic place.

Reviewed 18 May 2015

We used to come here two years ago & it was excellent. This time we found that the restaurant had been extended. The majority of the tables are now outside. No air-conditioning, it was quite uncomfortable.
My steak special was good but my wif'es seafood salad turned out to be seafood with garnish, not a salad,

Reviewed 4 April 2015

Sitting on the waterfront in a garden setting. There is a wonderful Spanish influence in the food. Also excellent Vietnamese noodle dishes. I had the goat cheese salad for lunch which was very fresh and great flavors. I also came here for breakfast and had the appetizer of potato, onion and egg. I was very impressed with how good it was. I will return here because I enjoy the friendly staff and owner. Yes. They speak English. Oh and they have a wonderful bakery upstairs so make sure you save room for espresso and pastry.

1  Thank Sailing_Sweetie
Reviewed 27 February 2015 via mobile

Living in Xuan Dieu area, I have never been to "La Salsa" so a friend of mine drag me there for lunch .... Remembering a diner she had a year ago !!!

So the Chef has probably changed as none of the dishes (at the exception of the "very difficult" goat cheese salad) were good !!

The medium steak was overlooked and the sauce seem to be prepared in advance .... And the cold cut platter was even worse with sausage and pate not cold at all !!

In summary, you have much better value in the area and the big & peaceful terrace cannot explain the usd 50 (for two) !!

To avoid as much better can be found around.