See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

The room smelt old and like mold although it seemed to be generally clean. Furniture was old and the matress very thin. The Staff was not very friendly. Breakfast was omelette vor soup, coffee and butter for bread had to be paid extra. Although the Hotel is next to the Train station, it was surprisingly quiet during the night.

Date of stay: March 2014
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We booked the room to just take a shower and leave the luggage before the trip to Sapa. However we found this already to be adventurous - I wouldn't recommend to shower without shoes since there were fungi on the walls, I don't know how one can sleep there. Also the train to Sapa leaves on the other side of the station so there are closer and better options available.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

First night in Hanoí, after long trip my only idea was rest and wake up late. They gave me the room 315 on the train station side, no train at all but they are doing works in a wall, so around 7 am started terrible noise.
The stuff were rude on the night, they even came to room or floor to show me where is it.
Room simply, no luxury for the £4 I paid, ( now I know why). Matress hard...
Dont waste your money ;)

Date of stay: January 2014
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Location: Chose this hotel due its location after a long overnight train from Sapa and before my next flight. Just wanted a place for hot shower and quick nap.

Price: Cheap and you get what you paid for.

Building: Old and outdated.

Room: Noisy due to train station. Big but smelly and mouldy. You can see the damp everywhere. Lack of lighting.

Staff: Arrived from Sapa around 630am and all I wanted was to get into my room and shower. The man on the night shift spoke very little English. I tried my best to communicate and used extremely basic English but failed miserable. I kept telling him I'll go to my room and shower and will be back at 7am to speak to the real receptionist. He couldn't understand. In the end, I just picked up my bags and headed to my room. I'm sure he swore at my face (in his native language) and so did I!!

Date of stay: December 2013
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was expecting far less esp since ratings weren't that great & the price tag it came with. I wanted a place to crash in & shower after long weary overnight train ride. However in all honesty its not bad & in fact good. I barely heard traffic (there were no trains moving but I was close to alot of hustle & bustle still) anything from my room. It was clean enough. The bed was hard that I must admit. The pho served in breakfast was really good (however their breakfast strangely doesnt include drinks??). The staff barely spoke English. The taxi rate is cheaper than from Old Quarter (VND 300k instead of VND 400k). Its quite away from the Hoan Kiem/ Old Quarter district though (that's where the action is and shd be) BUT having said that its probably 20-30mins walk away & you always can hop onto a local's bike & ride to-&-fro barely costing you much. Maybe this would not have been the best place if I stayed my 1st night in Hanoi here. So it depends on you. I think its a pretty decent motel to stay in and would recommend to those who want such categories as its a good one.

Room tip: Stay here like what I did (a place to crash in before the flight out).
Date of stay: October 2013