“Delicious Japanese meal”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Sashimi is very fresh and unlike other ordinary rétaurants in town, only tuna, salmon, red oyster, kanzunoko nishin (herring with egg) as a main course, there are many kinds of fresh fish to try. Cold soba noodles served with shrimp really great. thin yarn noodle with special cold sauce, added pieces of fresh, sweet shrimp can satisfy all the hungry stomach! Space decorated elegance, courtesy

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

Was recommended by few co-workers and I finally got the courage to try after so many times I was disappointed by someone's recommendations. And I also forgot my phone at home so I was unable too take any photos for proof.

1. Atmosphere: small, dull decorations and lights, tables are too close to each other and allowing people to smoke in the air-con which really horrible.

2. Food: super expensive comparing to its quality. We all ordered set lunch: udon set, soba see and buttered salmon set. Each set has few side dishes and 1 main dish: 3 small pieces of pickle, cucumber and seaweed salad, soup, steamed egg, braised pork and taro and main.

My set got cold soba and sushi.

Sushi: salmon, tuna, red clam (hokkagai) not fresh at all. Slices were super thin, it looked like all the sliced fishes n clam were there for few days because the color was very pale (soaked in the water for too long) and too soft (when the red clam supposed to be juicy, crunchy not chewy and very tasty).

Steamed egg: super small portion and tasted not as great as other restaurants.

No comment on salad and pickle, one too bland and one too salty.

Soup: I don't know what kind of soup I got. My friend got miso soup which she said very salty, so was mine. Mine probably was fish bones soup, it was dark brownies color, all bones inside and it wasn't good.

Cold soba: no ice under the noodles, by the time I finish the other side dishes it was soggy and warm. Sauce has chives, ginger, wasabi, grated radish that looked very old.

Only the braised pork and taro was ok.

None of 2 sushi set got wasabi and we waited for so long just to have a pinch of wasabi to eat our sushi.

Buttered salmon: it was so small and way way too much garlic, we basically see garlice covered every inch of that tiny piece of salmon and again salty.

Matcha ice cream was too sweet, less sugar would make it perfect.

3. Staff: they were horrible!! No smile, grouchy faces, slow, raised voice with customers. They gave us the bill without us asking for it as if they wanted us to get out so they could close the restaurant even though it was only 13:30 Which made us so angry.

Both of my friends also said food and services were bad and they said they would never come back again. We wouldn't mind to pay that much if the food and services were great but it was so bad and we do not recommend this place.

Reviewed 30 August 2015 via mobile

As mentioned in other reviews the service in this place is downright weird and unprofessional. All the staff stared at us with blank, confused expressions when we walked in. I've been in many other restaurants where staff don't speak a word of English and been made to feel very welcome. It's not hard to smile and wave.

Bad service is ok if the food is amazing; it's not. We ordered some sushi which was ok, if wildly expensive (500k for about 8 pieces). We also had an udon noodle soup with tempura prawns, completely tasteless, served lukewarm. Then a deep fried pork dish (we ate the same thing in the wildly superior Japanese place Ren- go there instead). The meat was gristly and had a sauce which I can only compare to the sauce you get with a Big Mac. I love McDonald's, but not when I'm spending 30 quid (big bucks in Hanoi) in a supposedly fancy Japanese restaurant. There are vastly superior Japanese places in hanoi (ren, amuza), there's really no reason to waste your money here.

Reviewed 5 July 2015

a senior Japanese expat recommended this restaurant to me and I have to say that his recommendation was justified: the quality of the sushi is very good, and the sushi chefs themselves are very attentive..however, the service was surprisingly curt, most unusual for Viet Nam, in particular in a Japanese restaurant..wagyu sushi was interesting, as was the aburi selection

Reviewed 8 March 2015 via mobile

Highly recommended place for Japanese food. I had very great time there with my wife and my cousin. Very delicious food and nice staff. Just the toilet not so good but that was ok. Like go there always when i want sushi.