All reviews fresh fruit daily boutique hotel breakfast box spacious bathroom provided daily pho sitting area old quarter hoan kiem lake executive room home away from home mini bar breakfast buffet visiting hanoi cau street amenities
Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night and found the service to be exceptional. We checked in with ease and when we found that we had been put in a smoking room, we informed the staff and they upgraded us to a nonsmoking Executive Suite right away!

The rooms are a tad bit old, and some of the bathrooms could be updated, but for the price of the room this is a good stay for a few nights.

The staff was fun to talk to, always greeted us with a smile, and had good recommendations.

Overall good stay!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2018

Stayed here for a short night during my business trip in Hanoi. Very good hotel for business travelers indeed. Room is very spacious (one of the biggest rooms I have ever stayed in Hanoi) with very good amenities & snack bar (full choices of liquors & snacks). TV is fantastic, but I would recommend to have channel list with key channels like CNN, BBC, HBO, TV5, NHK, etc. for the guests. Moreover, the staff service is top & very dedicate (the bed's lamps had a problem at 1am & I called the reception and they immediately send a technician to my room to fix). Full choices of newspapers from VN News to NY Times, I love this added value. Unfortunately, I had to skip the breakfast due to my very early flight, but it was nice to have a full breakfast box. Will stay here again & have another review about others services later.
Highly recommend this hotel for business travelers.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Dqminh89
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Great reception by staff, great room. Although the shower did not work they did what they could to move me to a satisfactory room as soon as I flagged the issue.

They take real pride in the quality of service they provide which I really appreciated.

Overall a great stay and very reasonably priced. I would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Amy_ARN
Reviewed 5 December 2017

We stayed at the De Sylvia in the French quarter for one week, after spending a week in the Old quarter, and a week in Cambodia.
After the crazy (but oh so fun) energy of the Old quarter, and the
jungle funk of Cambodia, this was a great wind down for our vacation. The room was FANTASTIC, huge, and well appointed with an insane full wall of windows looking onto the street. And a little living room attached. Get a room at least 3 floors up, and in the front.
The only knocks would be: spot wifi that stopped working every morning, the restaurant is good, not great (24 hr room service was great) and the staff - with the exception of the doormen - were a bit stiff. It was the nicest hotel we stayed in on
our 3 week stay, but the least fun of the bunch.
Overall, for a more low key stay where you can spread out a bit, this is a winner. If you're looking for a high energy place where you chat with the staff on your way out for the day...not so much.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 12darlings
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Located right close to the city center, De Syloia draws attention of many travelers and businessmen. It’s about 10 minutes to Hoan Kiem Lake.

Check-in and check-out efficiently.

Breakfast is good even with not so many choices.

Room is cosy, comfortable and clean. Executive room is provided with a complimentary of fruit daily. Cay Cau restaurant provides very good cuisines.

One minus point is Wifi. It really sucks and I hope it can be improved alot.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business