All reviews fresh fruit daily boutique hotel breakfast box spacious bathroom provided daily pho sitting area old quarter hoan kiem lake executive room home away from home mini bar breakfast buffet visiting hanoi cau street amenities
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Great reception by staff, great room. Although the shower did not work they did what they could to move me to a satisfactory room as soon as I flagged the issue.

They take real pride in the quality of service they provide which I really appreciated.

Overall a great stay and very reasonably priced. I would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Amy_ARN
Reviewed 5 December 2017

We stayed at the De Sylvia in the French quarter for one week, after spending a week in the Old quarter, and a week in Cambodia.
After the crazy (but oh so fun) energy of the Old quarter, and the
jungle funk of Cambodia, this was a great wind down for our vacation. The room was FANTASTIC, huge, and well appointed with an insane full wall of windows looking onto the street. And a little living room attached. Get a room at least 3 floors up, and in the front.
The only knocks would be: spot wifi that stopped working every morning, the restaurant is good, not great (24 hr room service was great) and the staff - with the exception of the doormen - were a bit stiff. It was the nicest hotel we stayed in on
our 3 week stay, but the least fun of the bunch.
Overall, for a more low key stay where you can spread out a bit, this is a winner. If you're looking for a high energy place where you chat with the staff on your way out for the day...not so much.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 12darlings
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Located right close to the city center, De Syloia draws attention of many travelers and businessmen. It’s about 10 minutes to Hoan Kiem Lake.

Check-in and check-out efficiently.

Breakfast is good even with not so many choices.

Room is cosy, comfortable and clean. Executive room is provided with a complimentary of fruit daily. Cay Cau restaurant provides very good cuisines.

One minus point is Wifi. It really sucks and I hope it can be improved alot.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank leo_binh81
Reviewed 3 August 2017

I have stayed at De Syloia Hotel several times on business since 2015, in one instance for two months. I cannot think of a place I would rather stay in Hanoi. Staff also remembered me from previous visits two years earlier The staff are friendly and go out of their way to be helpful in bookings, arrival and catering to the needs of their guests. Rooms are very nice and moderately priced. In this instance I was visiting Hanoi for a conference and had to fly at short notice from and back to Middle East. The De Syloia staff made the booking very easy, arranged a late check in and as I was not sure of time to clear immigration (so I chose not to have hotel pickup waiting) provided me in advance with Vietnamese instructions and contact number for taxi. Lovely room, fresh fruit daily and the staff assisted each day to ensure I had taxis to the other side of Hanoi (30 + minutes) to be at the conference venue. Even with taxi fares and travel I still preferred and it was more economical to stay at De Syloia. They also included a drop off at the airport on departure. The De Sloyia is also ideally sited with a range of restaurants nearby as well as its own delicious traditional Vietnamese restaurant for whom resident guests have discount. I am always pleased to again recommend De Syloia, and will for sure stay there on my next visit to Hanoi.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Only spend one night during a biz trip. But I were so impressive with this boutique hotel. Facilities and amenities look antique. The buffet breakfast was served with few very nice items (wish I took photos). I even had my best Pho in Vietnam in this hotel, which normally not happen. Love their 'Have a nice day' sign on bed upon check in!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
De S, General Manager at De Syloia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Dear Mr Phuc D,

Thank you very much for your nice and positive review and for your choice for the De Syloia Hotel. We do hope you will have another chance to visit Hanoi soon and we would be happy to welcome you again in our hotel.

Sincerely Yours,