All reviews fresh fruit daily boutique hotel breakfast box spacious bathroom provided daily pho sitting area old quarter hoan kiem lake executive room home away from home mini bar breakfast buffet visiting hanoi cau street amenities
Reviewed 16 January 2017

Actually De Syloia used to be one of my "good-value" favorites but my last two stays there have been disappointing. The last one was a cause of concern. They had a long blackout, I am sure for more than 12 hours. Blackouts are ok, they happen. What caused concern however was that the rooms had no emergency flash lights and the emergency lights in the narrow stairs soon ran out of battery. At times the entire hotel was pitch dark. The staff then gave candles to the guests. The reader may draw his own conclusions regarding fire safety. The hotel still has some charm though.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2017

Ignoring fire safety, very nice with excellent service in most regards. Pluses are all the nice touches, e.g., fresh fruit and cookies every day, free laundry (5 pieces per day), responsive housekeeping and front desk, and price. Nitpicks are dimly lit rooms--low wattage bulbs are the problem, little storage space, little sink area for toilet items, slowish elevator, lackadaisical breakfast service people (but good breakfast). Duong the bell boyboy was very personable--makes you feel welcome.

If you expect fire safety--forget it. 8 floors, no fire stairs, no hoses, no extinguishers, I'll bet our smoke alarm didn't work (no light blinking), and the smoking floors were the lower floors. You decide.

Room Tip: 2nd floor or lower for fire safety--suites are a bargain
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2016

The room a big, there is no noise at all, the bed confortable. The rate between price et quality is very interesting. The people at the reception are very helpfull and efficient. The hotel is at 20 minutes walking from the old Hanoï and the night market.

Room Tip: Take a room in the hight levels
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2016

First, the hotel is perfectly located. Walking distance to the Opera, the Museum of history, the cathedral St Joseph and the Hoan Kiem lake. The '"36 streets" old town is also very close at foot.

The staff is extremely nice and helpful, from the young men in charge of the lobby up to the gm.

The room I stayed in, now for several trips, is impeccable. The amenities are plenty.

The adjacent restaurant Cay Cau serves an exquisite assortment of dishes,

Room Tip: you can visit the room prior to confirmation. This is what I did back in 2014
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
MGuede, General Manager at De Syloia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2016

Dear Mr. Jean-Pierre S.,

Thank you very much for your nice and positive review and for your choice for the De Syloia Hotel.
I cannot agreed more about our location and you perfectly describe it.
It's a pleasure to greet our returning guests, we always try our best to grant the requests needed during or prior their stays.
My Team and I hope your see you soon at your next visit in the Beautiful Ha Noi City.
Best Regards,
Marc Guede.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

Not knowing what to expect, in Vietnam for the first time/first few days of our trip, the De Syloia hotel was a welcoming and comforting surprise. The staff was attentive, the place was clean, and it was a good value for the area. If I return to Hanoi, and I hope I do, I will try to stay there again. Breakfast was good and an omelette was made for me, just the way I wanted it. The restaurant was great for dinner too! I would recommend this place to even my most picky friends/family.

Room Tip: Our room on the 8th floor had a great view. I would suggest that!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
MGuede, General Manager at De Syloia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Dear Mr Nathan S,

Thank you to chose De Syloia Hotel for your stay in Hanoi. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and ALL my team is very proud of their work while reading your excellent comment. We always want give the best service and improvements are our light motive.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you at your next visit in the beautiful Hanoi City.

Sincerely Yours,