All reviews fresh fruit daily boutique hotel breakfast box spacious bathroom provided daily pho sitting area old quarter hoan kiem lake executive room home away from home mini bar breakfast buffet visiting hanoi cau street amenities
Reviewed 29 November 2016

The room a big, there is no noise at all, the bed confortable. The rate between price et quality is very interesting. The people at the reception are very helpfull and efficient. The hotel is at 20 minutes walking from the old Hanoï and the night market.

Room Tip: Take a room in the hight levels
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2016

First, the hotel is perfectly located. Walking distance to the Opera, the Museum of history, the cathedral St Joseph and the Hoan Kiem lake. The '"36 streets" old town is also very close at foot.

The staff is extremely nice and helpful, from the young men in charge of the lobby up to the gm.

The room I stayed in, now for several trips, is impeccable. The amenities are plenty.

The adjacent restaurant Cay Cau serves an exquisite assortment of dishes,

Room Tip: you can visit the room prior to confirmation. This is what I did back in 2014
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
MGuede, General Manager at De Syloia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2016

Dear Mr. Jean-Pierre S.,

Thank you very much for your nice and positive review and for your choice for the De Syloia Hotel.
I cannot agreed more about our location and you perfectly describe it.
It's a pleasure to greet our returning guests, we always try our best to grant the requests needed during or prior their stays.
My Team and I hope your see you soon at your next visit in the Beautiful Ha Noi City.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 November 2016

Not knowing what to expect, in Vietnam for the first time/first few days of our trip, the De Syloia hotel was a welcoming and comforting surprise. The staff was attentive, the place was clean, and it was a good value for the area. If I return to Hanoi, and I hope I do, I will try to stay there again. Breakfast was good and an omelette was made for me, just the way I wanted it. The restaurant was great for dinner too! I would recommend this place to even my most picky friends/family.

Room Tip: Our room on the 8th floor had a great view. I would suggest that!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
MGuede, General Manager at De Syloia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Dear Mr Nathan S,

Thank you to chose De Syloia Hotel for your stay in Hanoi. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and ALL my team is very proud of their work while reading your excellent comment. We always want give the best service and improvements are our light motive.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you at your next visit in the beautiful Hanoi City.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

I try and stay there when I am in Hanoi and have never been disappointed. The staff is first rate and very helpful and the hotel has been well maintained over the years. WiFi is good and the location is the best for both tourists and business travelers.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
MGuede, General Manager at De Syloia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Dear Sir,

We are very grateful that you chose De syloia Hotel for your stay in the Beautiful Hanoi City.
Thank you for best words for our Team and our service; The happiness and the comfort of our guests is our 1st priority.

We will be very please to welcome you again and again for your next visits in Hanoi.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Suitable for persons which likes old buildings.

Although the hotel received high-rated reviews, the room is not suitable for those who are allergic to house dust and musty odors

Some points on the hotel:
(1) Old building, the facility is soaked in incense
(2) Carpet were old and dirty
(3) Do not expect much from the amenities, better to bring own toothpaste/toothbrush, soap
(4) No bathrobes
(5) Hair dryer is too old (check uploaded photo). Have never seen this type before.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 8th floor are directly below the gym. The treadmill can be heard from the rooms below the gym.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Sherry M
MGuede, General Manager at De Syloia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Dear Ms Sherry M,

I would like to personally thank you for your comments, these always help us to improve and give better services to our Guests.

As Boutique Hotel, we keep the style of the French architecture as a heritage; De Syloia Hotel is a charming colonial-style villa located near the Opera House & Old Quarter and is a part of Hanoi City history. It is an Old Building that had been recently renovated.

The building is on very good conditions and we don't have any issue with the humid weather during the summer. For that reason, we don't need to use any incense, aroma lamp or chimical spray in the property. The perfumes in De Syloia Hotel are provided by the Fresh flower bouquets.

We have different categories of rooms, with carpet floor and also with wooden floor, in case you had uncomfortable time due to the carpet, I am very sad to know it lately and I would be very pleased to change your room for your convenience, by a request at our Front Desk or directly to me as my extension line is in the welcome letter, I am available anytime for the comfort of my Guests.

The House Keeping Department is well trained and I check all rooms before the arrival of our Guests. We provide all amenities in room and bathroom as standart with our personnal branded packaging.
Two (2) Bathrobes are provided in every rooms, located in the wardrobe and we are pleased to change them anytime the guest request it 24 hours a day, same as the towels or other linen.

I agree with you that the hair dryers are old fashion and need to be replaced; this will be done within September. We also have hand hair dryers available upon request.
Our Mini-Gym will also be renewed early 2017 with different and bigger space.

I hope you will come to visit again Hanoi City and I would be very pleased to invit you and your familly for a dinner in our Restaurant, Cay Cau Restaurant is a very famous place for Vietnamese Food.

M. Guede