All reviews fresh fruit daily boutique hotel breakfast box pho old quarter hoan kiem lake big bathroom executive room home away from home comfortable bed visiting hanoi cau street amenities vietnam rates taxi
Reviewed 25 June 2016 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here for almost 3 weeks whilst he was on business.
The De Syloia is a very comfortable boutique style hotel. We occupied one of the larger rooms with a separate lounge.
The staff, from the doormen to the maids were absolutely wonderful.
Top service with a wide range of inclusions, including breakfast, minibar and laundry.
We would definitely stay here again

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
MGuede, General Manager at De Syloia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Dear Ms Helen,

Thank you very much for choosing De Syloia Hotel during your busyness trip in Hanoi, I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We try our best for our guests could feel at home far from home and we will be very pleased to welcome you anytime you will visit the beautifull HaNoi City.

Sincerely Yours,

Marc Guede.

Reviewed 10 June 2016

Perfect hospitality at the De Sylvia hotel in Hanoi, very cooperative and accurate.
I've been in many hotels but this was exceptional service.
Ideal location close to the center and in a quiet environment.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MGuede, General Manager at De Syloia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2016

Dear Mr. Beeks,

Thank you for your choice to stay with us at the De Syloia Hotel and for the time you took to review our Hotel in Trip Advisor.

My Team and I are very pleased to read your comment, your satisfaction is our light motive and we look forward to see your again.

Sincerely Yours,

M. Guede.

Reviewed 10 May 2016

The De Syloia is a small, well appointed hotel in Hanoi. The furnishings are tasteful and give the feeling of the French influence in Hanoi. Rooms are spacious. Tropical fruit is brought to your room daily - a really lovely and welcome touch. Breakfast has Western and Vietnamese choices and fresh fruit - there is not an extensive range of food on the buffet but everything is fresh and well-presented. The bread is glorious. Eggs are cooked to your liking from the menu. Staff are helpful and very keen to assist. Reliable and fast wifi was fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
MGuede, General Manager at De Syloia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2016

Dear Mr. Kerry B,

I would like to thank you for your choice in De Syloia Hotel and for your nice review. It was our pleasure to welcome you and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I have always stayed on the 7th floor, five visits in all to date, totalling around 12 weeks in the hotel. First visit in room 704 was okay, but second time I switched to 703, which was much nicer - same size, but sunnier, less noise from the aircon stacks. A colleague stayed in one of the larger rooms - I guess it might do something for one's ego(!) but 703 was as good as I ever need in a hotel room. The staff have got to know me well and they are a delightful bunch. The Maitre d' in the restaurant has a wicked sense of humour once you get to know him. I'm happy to use 703 whenever I return and spend the $10/day that I save on red wine (which is not cheap anywhere in Vietnam). "Home from home" describes it very well. Yes, it could be closer to the main tourist centre, but to be honest I don't necessarily want to be where all the tourists are. Wander around the streets at the back of the hotel in the early evening, when the street vendors still have their fruit and veg all spread out - it's noisy, dirty and absolutely delightful! I bought some garlic from a lady in one of those back streets and it was superb.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Michael_Hay,
First of all I would like to thank you for your choice of De Syloia Hotel. It's always a pleasure to see our returning guests happy for their stay.
I appreciate your comments and my team fixed the noise from the aircon tracks right away.
For your convenience, we also improved our breakfast, amenities and facilities in every rooms as per minibar, Turn Down services and I hope you will enjoy again our services at your next visit in De Syloia Hotel.
Thanks a lot for your positive review and I look forward to see you again at De Syloia Hotel.
Sincerely Yours.

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights/3 days. Husband working I toured with kids (ages 8 & 13). Hotel is in nice location outside of Old Quarter, walkable to many areas of interest. Very friendly, accommodating staff (particularly Ms. Hang &Ms. Phuy at reception :). Stayed on 3rd floor, did not hear any outside traffic. AC works great, shower pressure fantastic (albeit the shower head in peculiar position?). Breakfast buffet was plentiful with local choices as well as cereals, breads and cold cuts. 24hr room service came in handy after a long day touring the city. Food was lovely and chef understanding of our son with peanut/tree nut allergy. Doorman always greeted with a smile and helped with directions and taxis as needed. Reception eagerly and considerately recommended things to do, booked City Tour and transportation on to Halong Bay round trip along with day boat cruise (even though this had nothing to do with De Syloia). Although the hotel may make money with tourist bookings it cost us less to let them book for us than to do on our own. They also confirmed and reminded us of timings prior to each booking. Hotel is an easy 10 min walk to ho Hoan Kiem lake (with a Starbucks along the way ;). Would def stay here again. Thanks for a GREAT De Syloia!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family