All reviews fresh fruit daily breakfast box old quarter hoan kiem lake big bathroom every morning executive room home away from home comfortable bed french quarter exceptional service visiting hanoi a great stay cau street vn rates
Reviewed 10 May 2016

The De Syloia is a small, well appointed hotel in Hanoi. The furnishings are tasteful and give the feeling of the French influence in Hanoi. Rooms are spacious. Tropical fruit is brought to your room daily - a really lovely and welcome touch. Breakfast has Western and Vietnamese choices and fresh fruit - there is not an extensive range of food on the buffet but everything is fresh and well-presented. The bread is glorious. Eggs are cooked to your liking from the menu. Staff are helpful and very keen to assist. Reliable and fast wifi was fantastic.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
MGuede, General Manager at De Syloia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2016

Dear Mr. Kerry B,

I would like to thank you for your choice in De Syloia Hotel and for your nice review. It was our pleasure to welcome you and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I have always stayed on the 7th floor, five visits in all to date, totalling around 12 weeks in the hotel. First visit in room 704 was okay, but second time I switched to 703, which was much nicer - same size, but sunnier, less noise from the aircon stacks. A colleague stayed in one of the larger rooms - I guess it might do something for one's ego(!) but 703 was as good as I ever need in a hotel room. The staff have got to know me well and they are a delightful bunch. The Maitre d' in the restaurant has a wicked sense of humour once you get to know him. I'm happy to use 703 whenever I return and spend the $10/day that I save on red wine (which is not cheap anywhere in Vietnam). "Home from home" describes it very well. Yes, it could be closer to the main tourist centre, but to be honest I don't necessarily want to be where all the tourists are. Wander around the streets at the back of the hotel in the early evening, when the street vendors still have their fruit and veg all spread out - it's noisy, dirty and absolutely delightful! I bought some garlic from a lady in one of those back streets and it was superb.

Date of stay: November 2015

Dear Mr. Michael_Hay,
First of all I would like to thank you for your choice of De Syloia Hotel. It's always a pleasure to see our returning guests happy for their stay.
I appreciate your comments and my team fixed the noise from the aircon tracks right away.
For your convenience, we also improved our breakfast, amenities and facilities in every rooms as per minibar, Turn Down services and I hope you will enjoy again our services at your next visit in De Syloia Hotel.
Thanks a lot for your positive review and I look forward to see you again at De Syloia Hotel.
Sincerely Yours.

Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights/3 days. Husband working I toured with kids (ages 8 & 13). Hotel is in nice location outside of Old Quarter, walkable to many areas of interest. Very friendly, accommodating staff (particularly Ms. Hang &Ms. Phuy at reception :). Stayed on 3rd floor, did not hear any outside traffic. AC works great, shower pressure fantastic (albeit the shower head in peculiar position?). Breakfast buffet was plentiful with local choices as well as cereals, breads and cold cuts. 24hr room service came in handy after a long day touring the city. Food was lovely and chef understanding of our son with peanut/tree nut allergy. Doorman always greeted with a smile and helped with directions and taxis as needed. Reception eagerly and considerately recommended things to do, booked City Tour and transportation on to Halong Bay round trip along with day boat cruise (even though this had nothing to do with De Syloia). Although the hotel may make money with tourist bookings it cost us less to let them book for us than to do on our own. They also confirmed and reminded us of timings prior to each booking. Hotel is an easy 10 min walk to ho Hoan Kiem lake (with a Starbucks along the way ;). Would def stay here again. Thanks for a GREAT De Syloia!

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank d2j2flanders
Reviewed 26 February 2016

De Syloia for me was home from home intermittently for many months over the past three or four years, while working in Hanoi.
A perfect little business hotel. Great personal service, rooms with lots of light and space, especially if you ask for the "executive suite", effectively a large room with a lounge annex (rooms 402, 502 and 602. 702 even larger). Good value for money at $70++ for these suites.
The restaurant on the ground floor is a great draw at lunch and dinner for the great & the good in Hanoi.

Room tip: Ask for rooms 402, 502 or 602 - or 702 for an additional $10 or so per night.
Date of stay: October 2015
2  Thank JJEast64
Reviewed 24 December 2015

I went there during Christmas and their decorations are beautiful with a touch of simplicity and French-colonial style. Stayed for a week at their Executive Suite, comfy beds and love they provided fruit basket everyday. They served similar assortments of food but never got bored as it tasted yummy, especially their cheese omelette. Friendly staff and never failed to satisfy my requests. Didn't want to leave.

Room tip: Great location, accessibility.
Date of stay: December 2015