Lowest prices for your stay
AU$76
Judith_pb
Carboneras, Spain
Wonderful boutique hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Jan 2013
My only complaint is that I didn't discover this hotel earlier in my stay! Stayed at the silk path hotel which was way more expensive and not as friendly or nice. Lovely boutique rooms, excellent breakfast included in the price and helpful friendly staff. Highly recommend thus hotel
Date of stay: January 2013Trip type: Travelled with friends
    AU$303
0.8 km from Golden Silk Boutique Hotel
View more hotels in Hanoi
1,275 results
All reviews old quarter presidential suite nice hotel central location lake vietnam tour
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The hotel is S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G!

The reception hall design is wonderfully grand yet surprisingly cosy and intimate (trust me on this), with a lovely bar to sit in and grab a cappuccino before your trip into the heart of Hanoi.

I was so lucky to have been upgraded to the Presidential Suite which needless to say was the best hotel of my 2 month vacation across Asia (i was only here for one night). The staff were so kind and generous and catered to my every whim. I had the best nights sleep and a wonderful breakfast followed. The view was out of this world and you are situated right in the heart of Hanoi, 60 seconds walk from the lake and the pulse of the city.

I also stayed at the Sofitel Plaza for 3 nights (at 4 times the price), it didn't even come close to the grandeur, location and brilliance of this place.

I am a bit of a snob when it comes to travel. I like a good view, great design, a central location and i want a good price.. this is almost an impossibly utopia for a traveller like myself, but I found it here. Not only does the hotel embrace the city of Hanoi without being too westernised, it provides all the creature comforts from the western world, whilst embracing its eastern heritage.

STAY HERE, YOU WON'T REGRET IT!

Positives:
* Impeccable service
* Stunning decor
* Incredibly comfortable
* Excellent price

Negatives:
Having to check out and go to another hotel

Room tip: A Cappuccino in the ground floor bar before you hit the streets is superb.
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank nodell1
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

Location can't be beat, staff is friendly and goes out of their way to help, comfy beds and linens, amazing breakfast, a couple free waters/sodas daily from the minibar - really, it would be hard to beat Golden Silk at this price. Stay here!

Date of stay: January 2013
1  Thank Bonvoyage760
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Stayed here for only 2 nights but had a fantastic stay!! Contacted the hotel the night prior to our arrival and the receptionist advised us on the most cost effective method to get to the hotel! That itself was a good indication of the hotel!!

Arrived here to be welcomed by the staff and greated with tea, which was much needed after a long ride from the airport! Staff showed us to our rooms which were spacious clean and very modern in design. Complimentary water, fruit and tea and coffee were provided which were a nice touch!

Breakfast was great with a large variety of choices and staff were constantly checking to see if we needed tea or coffee. Though location is central to everything and was within walking distance so local Hanoi styled food were within walking distance!

Staff were very friendly and helpful with directions and recommending locations to eat and places to have coffee and relax. The staff even took initiative to provide me with a list of their recommended places to eat. This hotel has left a great impression on me and will highly recommend it to everyone!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sykoticx
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The stay was very comfortable and I enjoyed the breakfast a lot. The mini bar in the room are free, which was a plus. The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was the weird design the toilet had. Every time you needed to use the toilet you had to roll down the blinds, to gain the privacy you need while using the toilet. This blind also blocks the door, which means you have to roll it back up to get out of the toilet. Other than the weird toilet design, I thought the hotel was quite a good find.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank totally_SG
Reviewed 19 December 2012

This hotel has everything you could want (except an exercise room) for a very good price. As other reviewers have said, the location is fantastic--5 minutes to the lake and lots of shops on the way. Alto try the other direction to Ly Quoc Su street and turn left toward the cathedral for street food, a choice of restaurants, and of course more shops. All the staff speak excellent English and are most helpful in calling taxis, giving directions, and even printing out documents and email messages if needed. Free wifi is a plus. The minibar is stocked daily with free soft drinks and beer, and the breakfast is quite plentiful with lots of variety. I've stayed in hotels with a glass bathroom (see photo) so I wasn't shocked but then I was traveling solo so it didn't matter.

• Trip type: Travelled on business