“Scam for tourist! Awful food! RUN RUN !”

iProvecho! Global Bar & Grill
Ranked #1,056 of 2,729 Restaurants in Hanoi
Price range: USD 1 - USD 5
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed 15 January 2016

after reading some positive review, and because i miss good burger in vietnam, i pay a visit to provecho tonight.

nachos as starter was nice.

i had ordered Super The Works Mỹ Burger , as i am a big burger fan.

my burger arrives, first thing : french fries awful, lack of taste... bad sign...

then the burger itself, size quite big, i am satisfied with it.

try to eat, but burger TOO HOT! this kind of meat hot like that cannot come from a regular grill, i know only way to got meat hot like that : micro wave , another bad sign.

the taste itself : absolutely not tasty, the color of meat close to white, where is my beef burger ?
i think this poor meat more close to pork than any other beef...
bacon ? i see it but dont feel the taste of bacon.

and this poor restaurant supposed to run by american guy ?

i had come with my mum wich speak fluent vietnamese, and as we complain to waitress at end of dinner, the waitress admit that burger where not made with beef meat but more pork ... Mexican style as it is said. Funny isnt it ? My mum even talk to a lady who supposed to be the wife owner, she reply maybe mistake from kitchen.

this restaurant dont make what i can called burger, stay away from it !

only positive things to say ? I didnt get diarhea ...

Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

We went here to take a little break from Asian food,but unfortunately this was a big mistake. The place was empty and interior not particularly maintained. They have a nice balcony though if you fancy eating above streams of motorbike bellow you.

We ordered a Burger and Quesadilla. Quesadilla was very average at best, but the burger competes for the worst I've ever had. The meat patty was far from 100% beef. Almost grey in colour, breaking apart with very little flavour. Top of the bun I couldn't eat at all, because it was reheated old bread that I could barely chew.

Service was not much better either. We had to eventually come down to bottom floor to pay because the waiter was nowhere to be seen throughout the dinner. And were alone in there, so he really wasn't busy.

Reviewed 10 July 2015

Very casual place, caters to traveling westerners, a few entrees of each type of cuisine. restaurant is clean, friendly wait staff. This is "comfort food"...no gourmet eats here, but just good tasting food.

We have been here a few times, it is a regular stop while in the area. I've had the french fries, hamburger (good value, tasty burger (double burger available)), chicken burger, cheese steak (pretty tasty), quesadilla (so-so), a few Vietnamese entrees, and burrito. Beer is cold. English spoken. Free WIFI.

Reviewed 1 April 2015

I've been regularly eating at Provecho! for about 4 years and I have enjoyed every meal I've ever had. Enchiladas, Nachos, Burritos, Burgers, and the Vietnamese dishes as well. Good draft and bottled beer as well. One of the co-owners has written Mexican cook books that have been published and are available on Amazon.

The setting is comfortable inside, or on the balcony on the second floor.

The tourist service and visa service are on the first floor and Ms. Lai has helped me many times with her up-to-date information.

Great place.

Reviewed 25 March 2015

After hearing many times their burger is sooo good, went to try, was told 100 percent beef patty, as a butcher I can guarantee that is far from the truth, the burger decent price, but taste was pretty disappointing, fries well if you can find them very small portion.

Second experience, went to do visa, Lai has a very good reputation, but 'i certaintly did not see it, went and booked my ticket for the visa run, found out an hour later, I could do it cheaper, when I asked for cancellation suddenly a lot of fees should be paid, but was first mentioned after I told her about good offer for in country visa. At no point did I refuse to pay the fees, since it was my fault, but first I was told I had to pay for the visa, because it was already processed, alright, but then suddenly after a change of mind, I had to pay for flight cancellation as well, no money was ever paid from side, and was told by Lai please come tomorrow before 1pm because
i cant hold the ticket any longer and the price might go up, but 1 hour later this lovely kind vietnamese woman that seen me for 10 min out of good will just paid for the ticket already out of her own money, and therefore I had to pay 10 percent cancellation fee, lets be clear this is not about 20 dollars. I ask to get reciept for the payment, very standard, but I was declined and instead I could see a confirmation ticket as statement, after a bit of discussion she started threaten me in an implied way " she had my passport", she might have a good reputation, but my god there is so many cheaper and more nice ppl in Vietnam than her and this place.

What a place!!!!