Lowest prices for your stay
AU$32
Fully refundable before Sat, 1 June
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Hungry_SheepMY

Good service, value for money.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Dec 2012
The moment I stepped into the hotel I was greeted by Nancy, a very smiley polite receptionist. I was offered a drink and a cold cloth to freshen up. She then brought me to my room and walked me through the facilities of the room. There were complimentary fruits on the table which was a pleasant surprise, though mentioned in the included items when I booked.
Room was generally nice. What's not so good.. There were two windows in the room, one high up... No scenery to speak of and the other located at the corridor. Not so good for privacy cos I realized I can peek in if I'm tall enough. Problem can be easily solved by drawing the thicker curtains.
They have a whole array of ala carte buffet breakfast to order from. I ordered pho. Yummy!
The service was excellent. All my needs were addressed... From the room to taxi to adapter to be bought. For the price, it is well worth.
Date of stay: December 2012
Free parking
1.3 km from Holiday Suites Hotel & Spa
View more hotels in Hanoi
2,111 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 December 2012

My family & I have been travelling all this years to Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, China, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore & others countries. Lodging experianced are from the lowest home stay to the greatest 6 stars hotel. We found this hotel is one of the best hotel in terms of attentiveness and customer service. The room that we stayed, the family room (double bed + single bed) is clean and comfortable. The room equipped with all the amenties needs with add on free internet PC in the room. The breaksast served in the hotel is good which choice of local and western food. The hotel location is great, in the heart of the Old Quarter which are within walking distance, 10 to 15mins walk of all main attractions within the Old Quarter. Also, the hotel is off the busy road for family who need good sleep for the night and rest in the day. Staffs speak good english & friendly. To my surprise most of the front desk staff, include night shift staff on duty do remember my name. They all great me well and chat with me about my tour experiance in Hanoi. It made me fell I'm meeting old friends out there. On the day (everning) we returned to the hotel from Halong Bay to pick up our luggage before our night train to Sapa, without being ask, they offer us a vacant room for refereshment. So nice. Also, on the day we returned from Sapa, the staff waited me at the train station and arrange a taxi for us to the hotel. They attended to my worry as I'm arriving in the earlier morning (5:00am++) and yet most taxi driver don't speak english and I've kid with me. Will stay again and recommend to my friends who planning to visit Hanoi.

Room tip: Family room on corner are with big windows
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We chose this hotel after an excellent stay at the sister hotel in Hue and were not disappointed. As with Hue, it was one of the best experiences of our three week holiday in Vietnam and we can't say enough good things about it, particularly the service provided by all the friendly and extremely helpful staff. Before we had even officially become guests of the hotel, Nancy at reception went to great lengths to organise our trips to Sapa and Halong Bay (both of which were excellent). The rooms are clean and comfortable, the breakfasts delicious and location is great. But it is all the outstanding staff that make this hotel such a gem. All the positive reviews are true - this hotel is fantastic.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank bnh
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Two words for this hotel..THE BEST! Service is perfect. Breakfast is excellent. Even before our arrival in Hanoi I already knew that this hotel is one of the bests (the reviews say it all!). Cherry and Jenny were very accommodating and patient in answering all my emails. When my sister and I arrived they welcomed us with the warmest of smiles. They helped us booked our Ha Long Bay even though it was already late at night. Our room was upgraded. We super liked the petals on the bed and shower room. Very comfortable and clean room. They even gave us mangosteen (yummy!) as complimentary. After a tiring day we had a good night sleep, there was a sense of comfort and safety in their hotel. We started the following day with the best breakfast! Y-U-M-M-Y!!! After our Ha Long Bay trip, my sister and I decided to go back to their hotel. On check-out,I was ready to pay the whole day rate,but was surprised that they only charged us half the price because they explained that we only stayed for half day. Very reasonable! Although The Lake is a couple of streets away, the walk is not a bore as there are lots of things to see and buy along the way, so definitely a plus. The service that they gave us is more than what we paid for. Will definitely stay there again once we go back in Hanoi. This hotel is very much recommended! Thank you Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank AymiAlts
Reviewed 29 November 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a gem. Well located in the old quarter, this hotels best asset is their staff. Jenny and the rest of the team are incredibly friendly, helpful and fun.

We payed $40 p/night for a junior room. Though small our room was charming an had everything we needed. Double bed, PC with free Internet, tv/DVD, view over beautiful rooftops and a good sized bathroom. The only thing we didn't like was the shower - be warned, it's crazy. Water goes everywhere so you end up holding the shower head and trying to shower with one hand.

We only spent 2 nights here but it was great and was a good place to stay in Hanoi.

1  Thank EmmaMelbourne22
Reviewed 29 November 2012

We stayed a total of 5 nights here, 1 before a 6 day car excursion around the NW Loop with a guide and driver, the other 4 after returning from an exhausting 1,100 kilometer tour. We were greeted like old friends, all the staff asking about our Loop trip. We loved the breakfasts, the proximity of this hotel to where we wanted to hang out. They always gave us good advice and directions to destinations of interest.

We would stay here again easily. We spent 40 days on the road in SE Asia and this is one of only several of the 19 locations we stayed in that we would recommend to anyone.

Date of stay: October 2012