Get rewarded with One Key
Johan007_12
Red Deer, Canada
Good location, good service
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Nov 2012
The hotel is perfectly located in the old city of Hanoi. Our hosts were incredibly kind and listen to us. We were received like princes so much so that we went back during our stay at another passage in hanoi. The room was very comfortable and clean and the staff was exceptional. So do not hesitate!
Date of stay: November 2012Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Room service
1.3 km from Holiday Suites Hotel & Spa
View more hotels in Hanoi
2,111 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 November 2012

On arrival we were greeted by ‘Nancy’ and followed by the rest once you stepped inside. The rooms are somehow small but it is comfortable and super clean with quiet working air conditioner (the most important), complimentary packets of tea, coffee, 2 bottles of drinking water everyday and free wifi. The shower is powerful and good TV too. Location wise is very good but be careful when you step out from the hotel because bikes and cars will be zooming away right in front you. Kudos to the most accommodating and friendly waitresses in the bar and also all the hardworking hotel staffs with Mai, Nancy, Jenny, Henry and Cherry. By the way thank you for the delicious and nutritious breakfast that you prepared for us to take to the airport when we leaved very early the other day. I will stay at this hotel again next time before going to Sapa. Wow, Wow, Wow!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 10Tan10
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We stayed 5 nights at the Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel beginning of November 2012, one adult and 2 teenagers. The hotel is in the old quarter, and well situated, about 10 mins walk from Hoan Kiem Lake. Rooms are sound proof with double windows, so no issue about getting a room which does not face on the road. All the bookings were done through emails and I had planned my holidays well beforehand thanks to the helpful advice and recommendations of Cherry and Jenny. I must say that this is one of the best vacation I had with my children. Our stay was in 2 parts, the first part was for 2 nights and we had a family room which was ok apart from the smell of cigarette in the room. The staff provided us with an appliance that was supposed to remove the bad smell, but this did not really help. Then we went for the Halong Bay tour which we booked through the hotel and upon our return, they upgraded us to a superior room which was really spacious and nice. We had complimentary fruits and water in our room everyday, and free wifi. But what really made the difference was the warm welcome, the genuine smile and desire to make our stay as comfortable as possible. One night after dinner, my teenage son got to the hotel before us and he was quite worried for he has lost us on the way. Without hesitation Henri took his motorbike and came looking for us!!, It was like staying at a relative's place as everything was organised and made easy for us.I would like to say a big thank you to the whole team, Cherry, Jenny, Henri, Nancy and the rest of the team. I definitely recommend this hotel and will come back again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2012

The hotel was very comfortable and right in the middle of the action in the Old Quarter of Hanoi. The staff were extremely friendly and very welcoming, eager to make our time there memorable. The room was clean and well appointed with a well-equipped en-suite, tea and coffee making facilities etc. A very good breakfast was provided and the reception staff were always on hand to advise on and book local tours, taxis and other transport. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and would use it again ourselves if the opportunity arises.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a window.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I passed 3 nights at the beginning of my trip in Vietnam in the Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel and was satisfied in all point of view. The situation is great, rooms in calm, right in the old center of Hanoi, the personal was nice, cute, interested on you (which is not always the case in Vietnam) serviable and helpful

Room tip: try to take the room in the highest floor because of noise (even if the hotel doesn't really have a big noise problem in fact)
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Valentain_12
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Loved my stay with my elderly mum and my daughter at this hotel for eight days. Right from the very start, the free airport pickup to the hotel made it so convenient for us. The welcome drink indeed made us feel so good, quenching our thirst after the flight. Assistance and advice were given on our first day and we were able to move around Hanoi straight away without any problem. On my second day, my mum decided that she would like to stay in this hotel for all the eight days in Hanoi.The hotel staff Cherry ,Jenny and Mai would always ask us about our itinerary for the day and would give us advice and assistance to make the day trip go smoothly and at a very reasonable price.Tony and his colleague were such angels as they would always help my mum to the taxi. Breakfast prepared and served by Na and Quynh and others were excellent. My mum loved the pho and toast with butter and jam. The food was prepared with such care and love that during the 8 mornings, the toast was always golden in colour. When my daughter requested for a cup of Nau da-nong, Na and Quynh went the extra mile and prepared it very nicely for her.Hat's off to them for giving us such good and wonderful breakfast. I strongly recommend Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel to tourists - good location, service, breakfast, very clean rooms, warm and helpful staff and best of all at a very reasonable rate.

• Trip type: Travelled with family