“Perfect Location and Fantasic Staff, excellent value for money.”

and 1 more site!
Golden Wings II Hotel
Ranked #477 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
Shepparton, Australia
“Perfect Location and Fantasic Staff, excellent value for money.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Myself and 3 friends from Australia stayed here in Jan and Feb. Of the 5 different hotels we used in North Vietnam, this hotel was by far the most comfortable and had the best showers of them all. It really was excellent value for our money. We stayed in 3 different types of rooms and all were clean, with Airconditioners that worked, good showers, and clean western style toilets- that were seperate from the showers (several other hotels had the toilet and shower combined!) The breakfast was very good and the saff were absolutely fantastic and an absolute credit to the hotel and tourism in Vietnam in general. They really made us welcome and went out of their way, day or night to help us out with directionsand resteraunts etc.
The hotel is excellent value, it is no 5 star resort, and cannot expect this, but if you are like us and just need a clean and comfortable place to sleep and shower then it is perfect.

Regards, Andrew

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Andrew K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

We had enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The rooms are clean and value for money. Location was good as it near for shopping & food.
The staff are friendly, helpful and offered great services.
When my passport was left behind in Sapa, the staff quickly reassured me and ensure I got back my passport by the next day! Kudos to all for the great job & services.
BTW the tailor "CAT" located few doors away was great too - great tailoring.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank MalaysiaChristine
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

As this was my first visit to Hanoi, I read reviews from many others on TA and kept coming back to this property. I would agree in that all of the positive comments are true!

Upon arrival, the staff was wonderful and friendly. They not only made sure my needs were met but also wanted to ensure that I would know my way around the area.

I found the room to be of good size and certainly there was value for the money. My room had a large queen size bed and a smaller twin, so it accomodated 2 adults easily and could have managed 3 with some work. I found the rooms very clean and comfortable. As I stayed during the winter, having appropriate heat and warmth was important to me. It was not a problem at all. My room was on the top floor but while I saw other people on the elevators, I never heard any noise coming from other rooms or in the hallway. There was a minibar in the room which I did not use but it was stocked sufficiently and the prices seemed reasonable.

The property is located in the heart of the Old Quarter. I found it easy to get to and it made navigating my daily trips quite easy. I was there during Tet, so a number of restaurants were closed but there were more than enough open that were satisfying. During normal times the options would be plentiful.

In fact my friend who lives in Hanoi had never been to this property but was duly impressed as well. I know that she will refer this to her friends and business associates as well. I will be returning to Hanoi in the Fall and will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank amitchella
Lyons-la-Foret, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

We stayed here for two nights - before and after our trip to the Ha Long Bay - once in a standard and once in a deluxe room. The location is excellent, really central and very safe. Staff were friendly and breakfast was tasty.They were happy to store our bags while we were on our trip and also to let us use the staff shower before our night flight. It was great value for Hanoi - and think it was worth the extra cost of the deluxe room which was really spacious.
This hotel is highly recommended and I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Florence156
Luang Prabang, Laos
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

The staffs here were totally helpful! Great value for money and great location. I totally recommend you to stay here.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends