“The best hotel I have ever seen”

Rising Dragon Grand Hotel
Ranked #161 of 607 Hotels in Hanoi
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I have been, in this hotel in october, and found already this hotel very nice especially for all the staff (housekeeper until manager). So when I knew that I came back to Hanoi, I didn't hesitate, so I decided to sleep in this hotel. And again, this time all the staff are very kind with me. When I want to order a taxi, I just have to ask and the check for us if taxi is ok and say to the driver where you would like to go which is sometime very useful. If you want to have advices of the best place that you should visit or having advices on restaurants where you can eat, do not hesitate to ask them, each advices and restaurants which they suggest me to go are perfect. All the staff take care of you, bellboys, receptionist, waiter/waitress always to their best for the customers and always try to facilitate you life during your stay. If you want to book tour to visit other places in Vietnam, you just have to ask them and they will do every for you like booking tour or booking train tickets or something else... It's a very good staff! In the morning you have free breakfast and breakfast is very delicous and waiter and waitress are very nice and have always few words to make you happy!
So if you have to stay in the old quarter of Hanoi, to not hesitate to choose this place! It's a great hotel with wonderful staff for a good ratio quality/price and this hotel is very well located, close to most of the nice place of Hanoi

Room Tip: If you can choose room ask room on floor 6 to 9, but all room are very good!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Hugues L
Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed 2 April 2012

What a great hotel! From the moment we checked-in, the staff of the Rising Dragon were very welcoming, accommodating to any request and helpful.
The first impression was great - our room was clean, spacious and the bathroom very stylish.
The location is convenient in the Old Quarter, within walking distance to many of the sights.
We booked 2 separate day-trips with the hotel, which were well-organised and some of the highlights of our trip!
Also, the breakfast had a good selection and was always fresh.
The only downside was the construction on either side of the hotel, which started at 6am! This occurred only the first morning, and then the staff requested them to start at a later time for the rest of the week.
Again, for the value - this place was such a highlight of our trip in Hanoi and we would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Voneff
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This is a very nice hotel in a convenient location. The staff were lovely and assisted us in getting around without trying to sell us guided tours. Great shopping and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 989ChrisG
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Could not have picked a nicer and friendlier hotel than this. The place was spotless and my room (for single occupancy) was of a good size. Location was fairly central and as I like walking I covered most of the sights on foot. The hotel has a travel advisor for any tours you may want to go on. Finally the breakfast was good and I had dinner there a couple of times which was also very good.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank michaelcaine3688
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I loved this hotel, it's located in the old quater. On The maps I looked at it looked to be some distance from the centre of things but it's only about an eight to ten minute walk to the lake I had a city view room which was large and comfortable. all rooms have there own computer which is a bonus.The breakfast was excellent as was room service. The best thing about this hotel is the staff, everyone I had dealings with went out of there way to help.I even had a porter take me in a taxi to the train station when I went to Sapa. He carried my bag for me all the way to my compartment and made sure eveything was o.k. When I return from Halong bay and Sapa I was given a room and breakfast free of charge which was really appreciated.

Room Tip: I had a city view room that was light filled but had no real city view except from the bathroom. I w...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank griffo61
Travellers also viewed these Hanoi hotels
0.7 km away
0.6 km away
Paradise Boutique Hotel
0.6 km away
Hanoi Holiday Diamond Hotel

Been to Rising Dragon Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rising Dragon Grand Hotel

Address: 24 Hang Ga St | Old Quarter, Hanoi 10000, Vietnam (Formerly Rising Dragon II Hotel)
Region: Vietnam > Hanoi
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#42 Business Hotel in Hanoi
#43 Romantic Hotel in Hanoi
#65 Spa Hotel in Hanoi
Price Range: AU$52 - AU$138 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Rising Dragon Grand Hotel 3*
Rising Dragon Grand is located in the heart of The Old Quarter, just a few blocks from Hoan Kiem Lake, Water Puppet Theater and alongside a thriving outdoor market. Along Hang Ga street, you will find cafes, an award-winning spa, pharmacies and various shops and stores carrying clothing, handicrafts, and other amazing finds! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rising Dragon Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rising Dragon Grand Hotel Hanoi