“The best hotel I have ever seen” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Rising Dragon Grand Hotel
Ranked #123 of 578 Hotels in Hanoi
France
“The best hotel I have ever seen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

I have been, in this hotel in october, and found already this hotel very nice especially for all the staff (housekeeper until manager). So when I knew that I came back to Hanoi, I didn't hesitate, so I decided to sleep in this hotel. And again, this time all the staff are very kind with me. When I want to order a taxi, I just have to ask and the check for us if taxi is ok and say to the driver where you would like to go which is sometime very useful. If you want to have advices of the best place that you should visit or having advices on restaurants where you can eat, do not hesitate to ask them, each advices and restaurants which they suggest me to go are perfect. All the staff take care of you, bellboys, receptionist, waiter/waitress always to their best for the customers and always try to facilitate you life during your stay. If you want to book tour to visit other places in Vietnam, you just have to ask them and they will do every for you like booking tour or booking train tickets or something else... It's a very good staff! In the morning you have free breakfast and breakfast is very delicous and waiter and waitress are very nice and have always few words to make you happy!
So if you have to stay in the old quarter of Hanoi, to not hesitate to choose this place! It's a great hotel with wonderful staff for a good ratio quality/price and this hotel is very well located, close to most of the nice place of Hanoi

Room Tip: If you can choose room ask room on floor 6 to 9, but all room are very good!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Hugues L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I loved this hotel, it's located in the old quater. On The maps I looked at it looked to be some distance from the centre of things but it's only about an eight to ten minute walk to the lake I had a city view room which was large and comfortable. all rooms have there own computer which is a bonus.The breakfast was excellent as was room service. The best thing about this hotel is the staff, everyone I had dealings with went out of there way to help.I even had a porter take me in a taxi to the train station when I went to Sapa. He carried my bag for me all the way to my compartment and made sure eveything was o.k. When I return from Halong bay and Sapa I was given a room and breakfast free of charge which was really appreciated.

Room Tip: I had a city view room that was light filled but had no real city view except from the bathroom. I w...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank griffo61
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

This was the last hotel we stayed in during our two month SE Asia trip and it was a very good experience. The rooms were spotless and well appointed. We stayed in two different rooms over our stay (had a break when we went to Halong Bay). Both rooms were at the front looking over the street. Didn't hear a thing. Had AC, hot water, television with all you need, refrigerator, safe, free WIFI and a clean functional bathroom with shower. Good size too. Beds comfortable. Has elevator. Hotel is located in the Old Quarter. Easy to walk to a number of sights or take a taxi.

The hotel room was very good but what made this hotel even better was the staff. Very organized and helpful and downright friendly. When we arrived they gave us a map and pointed out several sites and restaurants. They also told us the three taxi companies to use that are honest. We got ripped off in Saigon when we grabbed a cab whose meter raced faster then my heart on our wedding day. By the way we took taxis a few times in Hanoi and nothing cost more then just a few bucks.

We wanted to go to Halong Bay but I was wary of what the hotel might sell. They had a few suggestions which I looked up on the Internet. We chose Galaxay for a one night two day cruise. We loved it and had a blast.

The breakfast at the hotel was included and quite good. Killing time waiting to go to the airport we decided to have a hamburger. It was darn tasty. Oh, I forgot. We arrived early the first day, long before check in time (actually it was even before checkout time). We were directed to the restaurant and given the breakfast is included menu. By the time we were finished our room was ready. We were tired and this gesture was appreciated.

All in all a great hotel and staff. Oh by the way the cost was only $30 something!

• Stayed March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LetsGo333
Earth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

The perfect stay for just 35$ room per night (June 2010) booked upon arrival at the airport. Huge bathroom, nicely decorated twin room, all spotless clean and the best breakfast ever - food for any taste and 2 different types of fresh juices every morning! Who could expect that Vietnamese cook Spaghetti Bolognese so delicious! I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

i stayed in the above mentioned hotel for six nites and I can tell you the service is second to none. The staff are very warm and friendly and they make you feel welcome.
You have to try to stay there to know what I mean by Top Class Service,The room is sparkling clean , toilet is spit and span . room is always fresh smelling. Value for money !

The success of the company depends much on the good quality of the staff. In this hotel you will find the good quality staff . staff who always smile and serve you to their best ability.

Keep up your good work and I will definitely recommend any visitor looking for quality service and good and clean hotel, try the Rising Dragon Grand and you will know .

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo