“Fantastic Trip”
Review of Active Travel Asia

Active Travel Asia
Ranked #209 of 836 Tours in Hanoi
More attraction details
Owner description: ActiveTravel Asia (ATA) offers a wide selection of Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar Adventure and Responsible tours, including hiking and trekking, biking, motorcycling, overland touring and family travel packages.The tour packages and custom itineraries will take travelers through exotic destinations to really experience the culture, history and nature of Asia. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy an unforgettable active vacation.
Tea Gardens, Australia
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Fantastic Trip”
Reviewed 16 December 2014

My family of 5 adults have just returned from a 12 night private tour in north Vietnam with Active Travel Asia. Everything ran very smoothly and professionally...even when inclement weather delayed our 3 day Halong Bay Cruise by one day, our itinerary was swiftly re-organised so we didn't miss a thing (we actually got to see the amazing Ninh Binh as a bonus). Our Hanoi based guide Bac (Buck to us) was excellent, very knowledgeable and enthusiastic while our guide in Sapa (Hiep) was also very knowledgable as well as funny and entertaining. Our travel consultant Candy rang several times during our trip to make sure everything was going OK. I highly recommend this company to anyone wishing to undertake a tour (private or otherwise) of this amazing country.

Visited December 2014
activetravelasia, Travel Consultant at Active Travel Asia, responded to this review, 24 December 2014
Hi Mr. Delltone,

Merry Christmas and happy new year!

I'm very happy to receive your gift in TripAdvisor. Your and other friends's reviews on TripAdvisor are always special gifts for me, especially during Christmas and New year time.

I would like to wish you and your family a new year with Peace, Love and Happiness.

Cheers

Candy - Travel Consultant

Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“3 days trip around the Mekong Delta”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The 3-days trip was actually excellent and I am glad Mr Nguyen was my guide.
The itinerary was nicely planned and we traveled through a lot of back roads which offered a beautiful scenery.
I was happy also with the accommodation on both night, the home-stay on the first night was particularly pleasant.
Also a big thank to Candy for her support during the preparation.

Visited July 2014
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Active Travel provided a perfect tour!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I organised a tailored 5 day tour of Ha Long Bay for 8 people with Active Travel. Without any fuss Candy assisted us to develop a tour to suit our preferences. We were impressed right from being introduced to our tour guide Hoa who was friendly, knowledgable and friendly. Right through our kayaking tour Hoa was always checking whether the tour was meeting our expectations and I'm sure he was pleased with the response. We covered more locations and experiences than even we expected. All the bus drivers, boat captains, cooks and hotel staff that Active Travel selected for our tour looked after us so well. I'm sure that Active Travel have the best staff in the industry. All our tour members would be pleased to refer friends to this company. Thanks Candy and Hoa!!

Visited March 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“Wedding Anniversary to Remember”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Active Travel Asia organised a motorcycle tour through Cambodia & Vietnam to help us celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary in January 2014. The service and attention provided by ATA was flawless from start to finish. We recommend them very highly.

Planning: Right from our initial contact via email, Candy was professional, courteous and prompt. She listened carefully to our plans, weaving them perfectly into her own suggestions for the perfect adventure holiday.

Trip: ATA contacted us regularly by telephone during the actual trip to ensure that everything was as it should be. They provided some lovely and unexpected special touches, organising champagne and an anniversary cake on the day of our anniversary and various other delightful surprises over the course of the trip. My husband picked up a stomach bug and was unwell for a few days. ATA was especially attentive during his illness and had it developed into anything serious, I am confident that medical attention would have been arranged swiftly.
Guides & drivers: All of our guides spoke very good English and worked really hard for us. The drivers in our support van were friendly and professional. We travelled about 3000km on our motorcycles, at times through hectic traffic and difficult road conditions, which challenged and stretched our riding skills. Our safety was obviously of primary concern and at all times we felt confident in our guides’ ability to keep us safe. Our guides, Nak in Cambodia & Queyan in Vietnam, were very flexible, consulting with us every day and tweaking the itinerary to ensure we had the trip of a lifetime.

Vehicles: The motorbikes were very well maintained. Any unavoidable little hiccups (eg a flat tyre) were dealt with swiftly, resourcefully and with a minimum of disruption to our trip.
Follow up: On our return to Australia, Candy contacted us again to ensure that we returned home safely and that we were happy with our holiday.

We will definitely use ATA if we travel to Asia again.

Visited January 2014
activetravelasia, Adventure Expert at Active Travel Asia, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Leonal Conwell,

Thank you very much for your reviews on Tripadvisor. As your local friend along 3 weeks from Cambodia to Vietnam, I know that I have to try my best to suggest you the best choice and make sure everything is fine 'cause it is special holiday for you and your wife in 30th wedding anniversary.

I would like to respect you when you and your wife have got wonderful and happy time for 30 years. I wish to know how you keep a full house and happy family so I would like to be your student. :)

I would like to thank you for your co-operation in 23 days tour in Cambodia and Vietnam so we can provide excellent services to you and your wife and wish you are always happy in the coming time.

If you wanna share something for me, please give me in our facebook at facebook.com/active.travel. Thanks and best regards,

Candy - Adventure Expert
Brooklyn, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“top notch agency”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We had an incredible 2 week vacation organized by Candy at Active Travel Asia. From the start, she worked with me to customize our dream trip, adjusting until it was just right. She took care of everything from guides, hotels and internal flights and transfers. We spent the first week in Hanoi, cycling through the rice paddies and villages of Mai Chau with 2 nights of fabulous home stays. This was followed by kayaking Halong bay with our private support boat accompanied by our fantastic guide Tuan and driver Mr Kuan (sp?). They were attentive, friendly, and informative without being overbearing. They were excellent travel companions and became our friends. For the most part, whether it was true or not, we felt like we were getting a special view that was not shared with a lot of other tourists.
Candy also arranged for us to visit Hoi An and then Cambodia where she arranged for our wonderful guide Loch Lot to take us on a 2 day cycling tour of the temples around Siem Reap. He took us off the beaten path. In the tourist heavy Angkor area, we were often completely alone biking on small foot paths through the surrounding forest and dirt roads through villages. I had many doubts about booking a trip through an agency (I love travel planning and have always done it on my own), but I am so glad that I did. Active Travel Asia exceeded my expectations

Visited February 2014
1 Thank AandA_P
activetravelasia, Adventure Expert at Active Travel Asia, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Annica Paganakis,

It is nice to get your reviews on TripAdvisor. We always look at you as our friends and try to give you the best suggestion as we can in Vietnam and Cambodia. I'm unhappy if you are not happy during your adventure trip although adventure tours usually occured some unexpectation.

My job has not finished when I did not received your feedback email after your trip although I contact with you and tour guide, driver to make sure you are happy travelers with our company.

Thank you very much for your recommendation to Active Travel Asia and hope to travel with you in other countries like Laos and Myanmar in coming time.

Candy - Adventure Expert