All reviewsrooftop poolinterconnected roomssun loungersegg stationgreat locationtravel agentsmall gymreception staff arehoan kiem lakemoney exchangestayed here for two nightsold quarterbathroom floorbusy areashower curtainrecommend this hoteltop floor
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I would normally give this hotel 3 or 4 stars but unfortunately our terrible experience at their spa facilities decreased the stars to only 2 which is still quite a generous evaluation given the fact there was not much we liked about this place.
My husband and I decided to book some treatments at Silk Queen Spa as a relaxing way to spend couple of hours in Hanoi. The moment we went downstairs in the basement we got quite underwhelmed by the facilities and the overall atmosphere of the place. We asked the lady at reception for advice what to choose but I can’t really say she helped a lot with any competence. Anyway we decided to stay positive and give it a go. We waited for 15 minutes and then two ladies asked us to follow them in a brightly lit space looking more like a hospital room rather than a proper spa. We were still hopeful the massage was going to be ok and then the women asked us to get undressed in front of them which is not a big problem but everything just felt quite rushed and awkward. Before laying on the tables I saw the air conditioner “conveniently” located right over my table and felt it blowing cold air straight towards my back. I asked her to stop it but she tried to convince me she can control it without turning it off. After a while I tried to explain to her again that it was not pleasant for me at all but she kept it on. 10 minutes after the beginning of the quite harsh massage the ladies were still involved in a very heated conversation between each other and were showing no intention of stopping anytime soon. This was my boiling point and my husband was very close to lose his temper as well. So I just had to get up and ask them to stop. They begged us to lie down again which made the whole situation even more uncomfortable. We could not endure it anymore and just left. Apparently at the hotel reception they’d already been informed about what happened and apologized to us couple of times which did not really change the bitter taste we were left with.
We later went to Hanoi La Belle Spa and were treated more than well. Obviously you get what you pay for but I can say the price difference in both spa centers was not that considerable for this huge discrepancy in the quality of the service they provided.
Another disappointing moment was our upgrade from a standard room to an executive one. We wanted to be moved to another room because the one they gave us was without a normal window, therefore we did not have any access to clean air. For 30 US they upgraded us to an executive room. “Luckily” our room was located right under the pool whose pump was producing constant vibrating noise in the room. On top of that an external very noisy air conditioner or something similar was located somewhere upstairs not too far from our room which caused additional inconvenience. On our way out for a meal out we informed reception about this issue. We were told this will be investigated and sorted out. Of course until the end of our stay nothing was done about it. We were not even contacted for an update or an excuse of any kind. We were already so frustrated by the spa experience we did not want to get involved in any other stressful situations. So we just decided we will somehow try to ignore the noise. Luckily we spent most of our time out exploring the city.
The breakfast at the hotel was magnificently average and the variety was not impressive at all.
I would like to say the hotel staff except for the spa people and the lady at reception to whom we complained about the noise were all trying quite hard to make us feel welcome. Most of the time they did manage to do it quite successfully. On our first day they let us check in two hours earlier which was a very kind gesture.
My advice to everyone coming to enjoy Hanoi is to avoid Silk Queen Spa at any cost and maybe think twice before booking a room here. I’m sure there are many hotels offering better value for service.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We used this hotel as our base for about a week. They are very accommodating and couldn’t be more helpful. The reception staff and door men were all lovely. It seems to be in a good location, quite close to the lake. The room was spacious, although should say we did get upgraded each time we came back so ended up in a family room. Recommended.

2  Thank Susie K
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in the executive room and were very happy, nice room very clean, friendly staff and excellent location. The breakfast buffet has a good selection.
Excellent travel agent across the road Tinny's Travel Agency who also does great rate money exchange, will definitely stay here again next time we visit Hanoi.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

To contextualise, we paid £73 (~US$100) for a City View Balcony Suite, so that we had our own forum to watch the Chinese New Year fireworks over the Hoen Kiem lake. Let me say first and foremost, that the room was undeniably lovely (picture attached), so why only three stars?

Firstly, I would say that there is little fundamentally wrong with the Silk Queen Grand Hotel, it's just that having stayed at the Hanoi Emerald Water & Spa for two nights previously for £15/night less (they didn't have availability for our 3rd & 4th nights), we felt the Silk Queen Grand was not as good for 20% more. However, there were three things that we identified that were simply not good enough.

● I've seen several people mention that the beds were uncomfortable. I too would agree that the mattresses are in stark contrast to the otherwise high-quality of the room. You can probably see how thin they are in my attached photo.

● The biggest problem however is the hot water. Basically there is none! The plumbing is apparently said to deliver water at a maximum of 39°C, 2°C above body temperature. Basically a tepid shower is 38°C, and a warm to hot range being between 42-46°C. I did manage to have a bath in the end, but needed to top it up with 9 kettles full of water before it was tolerable.

● The chambermaids! Not usually a problem in any hotel, but when they decide to enter your room without knocking, throw the door open and embarrass your wife when she's stepped naked out of the bathroom, exposing her to a couple waiting by the lift, then that's a damn problem!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nigel_Denning
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights with a one day break in between to go to Ha Long. Staff really friendly and helpful. Happy to store our bags while on our trip. Good breakfast nice clean rooms with lots of hot water and welcome plate of fruit. Good location

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends