See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 January 2015 via mobile

A good hotel with easy walking to markets and west lakes for eating on houseboats. To wander thru old Hanoi is a pleasure. Still with a distinct value of the christian religions with many wonderful chapels in the old sector ... a must is visiting the ilf jail ..Hanoi Hilton where many allied prisoners where kept ..a great place to visit and stay ..I suggest you walk a lot as you see so much more.

Date of stay: May 2014
Reviewed 26 March 2014

It is a good hotel. The location is convenient for touring ancient quarter. Room is clean and spacious. Breakfast is plentiful and the server was friendly, helpful and dedicated. I will come back in the near future with my family. Hanoi has become my favorite trip from now on. Thank you

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Its a great experience staying with hanoi luxor hotel. Firstly Its my first time going to hanoi, the staff were nice and friendly to helped me out with the directions and places of interest with alot of patience. Very appreciated for the service given. Hotel room looks clean simple and warm. At the same time i feel quite safe staying with luxor hotel. Located at the mid of old quater easily accessible to other streets by walking distance. But there are some more things where hotel can always improved to serve customer better. Kindly recommended if you looking for a simple and budget hotel to stay on! Cheers!.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Have to say when we first saw it, we thought it small - but thats because we werent used to Vietnam hotels (usually quite small due to building construction/design).
Hotel was clean, well looked after by staff - who were very friendly - actually went out of their way to help us, so I'm not sure what other negative reviewers experienced - we had a great time here.

Great location, close to everything - and we'd happily stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2013

If you plan is to have a good resting spot centrally located, this is a good choice. Amenities are basic in each room but all you need: desk, fridge, comfy bed, TV, safe and air conditioning. My bathroom's shower leaked out to the floor everytime I showered so had to be quick before it flooded. Plumbing in these countries are a problem, not a quick fix for this instance.
One excellent thing is the fast available everywhere hotel WIFI, and it's free! It allowed me to be in touch with home and even call the kids over Skype (usually not possible if connection is poor).
Summary: neat, clean, friendly staff (although limited English - I don't know any Vietnamese).

Date of stay: April 2013