1,560 results
All reviews quan an ngon old quarter business hotel great hotel business trip lobby bar rain shower breakfast buffet comfortable hotel walking distance french quarter short stay enjoyed my stay first stop hoan kiem lake stayed here for nights central location
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Stayed here over New Year 2012 for 3 nights. Good location, walking distance to the old quarter (20 mins) and Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum etc. and a short taxi ride to West Lake where many of the good restaurants seem to be. Rooms comfortable and well equipped, very good buffet breakfast and friendly staff. Only possible complaint was that the hotel charges for wifi even in the lobby. We ate in the hotel restaurant one night which was good but virtually empty for some reason. Definitely recommend for a short city break.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to post a review of your experience on Trip Advisor.

We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and we sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding the comfort of our guestrooms, the quality of the breakfast and the friendly and efficient service of all of our employees.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the price for internet access. Please know that this service is priced competitively with the other local internationally operated hotels and as such our service employs the highest levels of security to ensure your on-line safety. That said it is never our intention to disappoint our guests and we will give your feedback proper consideration for future changes to this service.

Thank you again for your feedback on Trip Advisor, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and to continue ensuring your stays with us impress you and provide fond memories of Hanoi.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

A really good hotel, at a very competitive price, in a central location. Very good rooms - well sized, and pleasantly furnished.
What made it stand out, was the outstanding service I received - I foolishly left my keys in the in-room safe, and after email communication from Thailand, the "business centre clerk" arranged to have them shipped onwards by local courier, on my behalf. It is this kind of assistance and service, that in my opinion, makes a hotel outstanding.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for acknowledging the positive elements of your stay, from the size and design of our guestrooms, to the prompt service and follow up you received when you realized that you had left your keys at the hotel. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi in the very near future.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The accomodations, beds and pillows were comfortable.
Everything you can ask for in a location like Hanoi. I do recommend this hotel as it does offer all you can ask for. They were concerned about our well being and suggested that we use caution crossing the crazy streets and be wary of purse snatchers from the ever present motor cycles.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and we sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding the care and comfort demonstrated by my colleagues, when they advised you about the traffic in Hanoi. I am also grateful to receive your positive comments regarding our guestroom product, especially the quality of our beds and pillows.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights and I enjoyed it very much. The bed, pillow and linen sheets are really good, that it makes a difference for your sleep quality when you stay in a hotel. Room is adequate size and well appointed. The hotel staffs are very helpful.
The location is in the French Quarter and you can have a nice walk around this area until the presidential palace. There are many restaurants nearby. It's also a walking distance to the Old Quarter.
It's a good hotel for its standard and price.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience and I sincerely appreciate that you have acknowledged so many positive elements of your stay; from the friendliness of my colleagues, to the convenient location of the hotel within the city of Hanoi. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery that Moevenpick is known for and I am pleased that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

The Movenpick offers decent accommodation, roughly 10 minutes walk from the Old Quarter. The rooms are clean and well appointed. It's a safe choice, as you know what you'll get...especially after a long flight. The staff are also really helpful.

Others have commented on the price of the airport pickup offered by the hotel. While there are reports of "rip off" taxi drivers at Hanoi airport, the price of the Movenpick airport pick up fits well into the "rip off" category. We were quoted over US$50 for the trip into town from the airport (one way) - we ended up paying a reputable firm $15 for the trip when we pre-booked and were greeted at the airport. A premium of $35 for the Movenpick to provide a flashier car with an iPad and some bottled water in the back seems excessive.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors suffer less from the noise of the road outside. Rooms at the front have a slightly better view, when compared with those at the back of the building. Avoid rooms located next to the lifts, as the sound-proofing doesn't block out the noises from the lift mechanisms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
PhilipJonesF, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Hanoi, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at The Moevenpick Hotel, Hanoi on Trip Advisor. We make every effort to ensure your expectations are exceeded and I sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to share your personal experience and recognize our endeavors. Thank you for acknowledging the positive elements of your stay, especially the cleanliness of the rooms, the location of the hotel, the friendliness of the staff.

I am also grateful to receive your comments regarding the price for our airport transfers. Please know that this service is priced competitively with the other local internationally operated hotels and as such we do use BMW’s which reflect our commitment to both safety and comfort.

Thank you once again for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future.