“LIFE CHANGING, MOUTH WATERING, AMAZING”
Review of Pho Gia Truyen

Pho Gia Truyen
Ranked #45 of 2,550 Restaurants in Hanoi
Reviewed 16 July 2017

As you wind through the old quarter, definitely stop by this joint.
- Extremely cheap AND delicious, $1USD for an amazing big bowl of pho.
- Quick service, but they speak minimal English. All the options were chicken, pork or a mix.
- Very busy place, but the turnover is very quick.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

We visited and it was all closed up. There was a sign displayed outside in Vietnamese but we couldn't understand it. We worked out the words 'July 1-31st' and seeing as we have revisited to also see it closed, and due to the lack of current reviews, we have taken this to mean the restaurant is closed in July. We also met other people from TripAdvisor trying to get in to this restaurant and also finding it closed.

2  Thank Benjamin O
Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

I was greeted with a smile and patience even though I was unable to communicate in their foreign tongue and unaware of what I was ordering. Sit anywhere you please and just smile! You won't regret this meal if you're willing to step out of your comfort zone and in with the locals!!

Reviewed 27 June 2017

A remarkable experience. Lines out the door. And some of the best pho we had in Vietnam. It seems 100% family owned, right down to the almost assembly line production of every bowl of pho they make. While it wasn't the best pho we had - we liked Pho Thin better - it was a great bowl of super-flavorful soup!

1  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Good Ha Noi Pho which is basically different from the Sai Gon Pho taste. I like the taste but not comfortable as the space is small and hot. Furniture is old. I got in line for 10 minutes and must serve myself. I really don't like this as Pho is hot and I had bags and kids with me. I don't want to burn myself.

Good taste. If you don't mind about space and self serving, recommend to try it.