“Great flavor of Pho”
Review of Pho Gia Truyen

Pho Gia Truyen
Ranked #83 of 2,938 Restaurants in Hanoi
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Anytime coming to Hanoi, I love to taste this Pho. Broth is sooooo good, not expensive. The way to serve is a little different from other restaurants, but all are good.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

One of the Best of The Very Besties of Pho Beef Noodle soup that I had tried in HANOI. The soup was simply just so full of flavour and the noodles was cooked just right. A Must TRY!

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Visited this place after a morning run and there is already a long queue in the morning. Sitting is cramp with locals and thats the whole experience. Love the pho and if i had a bigger appetite I would have had a few more servings.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

So I just returned from my travels in Vietnam. I went with a group of 5. At the end of the vacation from all of our meals in Vietnamese (Hanoi, Ninh Binh, Boat Cruise, Hoi An, Saigon) we all agreed this Pho was hands down the best dish. I have no idea what it is about this heavy broth, or the perfect meat, or even the ambiance but this place is a MUST go to. The noodles are a bit over-cooked but the immense flavor helps you forget. I wish I could try this again. Such a distinct taste and amazing store-front.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Pho Gia Truyen food came highly recommended and so we ventured over. It's literally a hole-in-the-wall place, with shared seating at small tables and tiny stools for about 20 people total...The menu is simply pho in a choice of 3 different ways and nothing costs more than VND50,000 ($2). Food is ordered at the same counter where they assemble the bowls of pho. The owners don't speak English but sign language works. You can order a beer, soda or water to go with your pho.

You'll know you're there because there is a line out the door until they stop serving at 8:30PM. Seating is as-available, so you may not get to sit together is you are with a group. The good news is that no one sits for long - they eat and dash.

For Westerners, I would recommend getting the Pho Tai, which is with lean beef. The broth is fantastic and the beef is sliced so thin that it cooks in the hot broth.

1  Thank Mona R