“Tasty and unique tumeric fish with lots of herbs”
Review of Cha Ca Thang Long

Cha Ca Thang Long
Ranked #82 of 2,950 Restaurants in Hanoi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 September 2018

This dish is not available outside Hanoi and so I made it a point to eat this for dinner when visiting Hanoi. It costs US$6 per person and they added the herbs to the cooked fish and stir fried it at the table. They also showed us the way to eat this meal. We enjoyed it as we loves herbs and fish. Addition of fish sauce and peanuts is optional.
A lovely meal with a difference. Service is all right.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

It was my 2nd time visiting this place for its wonderful Cha ca la vong. It’s a dish i wish we have in singapore. Thang Long was recommended because reviews said it was the best. I wouldnt try any other because to me it already is perfect.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

We read about this restaurant in lonely planet and gave it a go, we had the set menu which at £8 per head is more than we have paid for an entire meal for two in Hanoi but it was worth it. The staff are very friendly and will show you how to prepare and eat the food in the right way, and the cha ca (Hanoi speciality) is delicious! Fresh monkfish coated in turmeric and spices with green veg, all fried together as you eat it. Make sure you ask for the shrimp paste, as they won't bring it out for tourists. Probably the best meal we have had here, one not to be missed!

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

If you are staying in Hanoi you absolutely 100% must come to this restaurant. I went here with my family and we all decided this was the best meal we have ever had!! Cha Ca is a Vietnamese dish that consists of noodles, turmeric flavoured fish, fresh dill, peanuts and dipping sauce. Many restaurants over Vietnam serve this speciality but trust me when I say that this is the place to go for the Cha Ca. They make the meal in front of you on your table which is pretty exciting and the actual meal itself is absolutely divine as all the flavours combined together is perfection!! Just be sure not to ask for a menu as they only serve the Cha Ca dish as I embarrassingly did!! Such a great experience though for both you and your tastebuds and I would highly recommend :))

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Must try... very nice. Location might not easy to find so we took cab from old quarter and cost only VND25k.