Review Highlights
Extremely efficient Transfers between destinations!

We were picked up from our Hotel in Hoi An and driven to Hue, with a friendly driver, who showed us... read more

Reviewed 31 March 2020
X5317REsuzanneh
Sunshine Coast, Australia
A great way to try authentic Vietnamese food!

We loved this tour - Our guide Mai was just fantastic. She took us into tiny local restaurants... read more

Reviewed 24 February 2020
nickm252
Melbourne, Australia

Recommended experiences in and around Hanoi
from USD 130.00
from USD 42.00
from USD 34.88
from USD 31.80
1,647 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Some friends recommended Buffalo Tours after they had a great trip to Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. We booked the exact same itinerary. For the most part, it was excellent, with the exception of Bangkok.

Our tour guide in Vietnam was Bruce Hoa. Our entire family really liked him. We asked if we could add an extra stop and he called the office and changed our plans immediately and paid the entrance fee.

Our guide in Cambodia, Mr. Kunthea and the driver Mr. Den, were the best we've ever had. Mr. Kunthea was also like a professional photographer and gave us great ideas for more interesting photos. He also knew his facts about the history of each site, and the local animals too. He found red ant homes in trees and showed us how the locals eat them, he pointed out giant spiders and even broke a tree branch and used it as chop sticks to hold a HUGE spider so we could get a closer look. He dug up a few termites out of a termite hill, he stopped the car so we could feed monkeys (making sure we were safe inside the car). The driver, Mr. Den, had ice cold towels waiting for us each time we got in the car. They were scented with lavender or peppermint and were exactly what you want in that hot, muggy weather. Mr. Den tried so hard to please us. They were both amazing and I highly recommend them.

Thailand - Chaing Mai guide, Ji, was great. She was fun with our grown kids and was very accommodating. We wanted to make an extra stop and she was more than happy to arrange it, and waited patiently for us. I would recommend her to anyone.

Date of experience: August 2017
James D, Regional Client Experience Team Leader at Buffalo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Dear Gina,
Thank you so much for sharing this lovely review about your recent trip to Southeast Asia with Buffalo Tours! We are delighted to have been part of such a nice holiday. Please know that I will share your kind words with Ji in Thailand, Kunthea and Mr Den in Cambodia, and Bruce in Vietnam! We look forward to welcoming you again on your next trip to Asia!
Best regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I was extremely happy with the service from Buffalo tours - on time & efficient! On my first pick up from Danang airport (travelling to Hoi An) I was introduced to Ping (I think that was his name) & he was so polite & took the time to give me an informative drive to my hotel. He pointed out places of interest along the way & also gave me some great recommendations on where to go, eat & even tailors to visit in Hoi An.
A great way to start my holiday!

1  Thank HelpDeb
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

We had such a wonderful time traveling in South East Asia using Buffalo Tours. We travelled to Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia.

The service provided by this agency was amazing. I will recommend them to all my friends in the USA.

They provided us with a big van, driver and tour guides in every stop of our 17 days trip. They took care of airport transportation, hotels, flights, day tours, night shows, etc.

All guides were extremely friendly and knowledgeable.
They always made sure we understood the culture, history and gave us great advice, provided cold water every time we returned to the van from a hot day.

All guides were wonderful but I must mention one in particular that was extremely great: our guide in Siem Reap called Vuttha Dam and driver Solka La. They went above and beyond. I can't recommend them enough. They were extremely friendly, polite, attentive always helping us in every way and were the best guide and driver of our entire trip.
Buffalo Tours is very lucky to have great staff like them.

I just can't say enough good things about Buffalo Tours service and great staff such as Vu Hang who arranged our itinerary and Vutha and Solk who made our trip so special.

Date of experience: August 2017
PhenBT, Client Experience Officer at Buffalo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Dear Liliane I,

Thanks very much for glowing your wonderful travel experience you had with Buffalo Tours through Thailand, Vietnam, and Cambodia with others here on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to read that you had enjoyed all the activities in each destination that brought you great memories with Buffalo Tours. We do love the fact you mentioned that the service provided by us was amazing, which means a lot to us and especially to our staff who made your holiday great. We do appreciate your praises for all the tour guides especially Vuttha in Cambodia, Sok, the driver and office staff Vu Hang. We will make sure to share all your nice words to them as they will be very pleased to read them.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences with us and we look forward to welcoming you on another trip with Buffalo Tours to Asia in the future!

Kind regards,

Phen PHOY (Mr.)
Client Experience Officer

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Vuttha dam was a great tour guide, he put the extra effort in and made the day very enjoyable
Highly recommended!!

Date of experience: August 2017
James D, Regional Client Experience Team Leader at Buffalo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Amanda,
Thank you very much for sharing this review about your recent experience with the Buffalo Tours Cambodia team! Glad to hear you had a great time with Vuttha. Please trust that I'll share this out with the rest of our team. Looking forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Asia!
Best regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We booked in March for a 'trip of a lifetime' to Komodo National Park. We confirmed the details and had full details of the itinerary. However on arrival at the airport there was no one to collect us as promised and things went rapidly down hill. Through out the morning it became clear that the tour had not even been booked.

I understand that mistakes happen and often the best way to judge a tour company is by how they deal with problems.

In this case 'Buffalo Tours' were very poor. Hard to deal with, promising to call back and failing to do so and ultimately lying to us by telling us that ' it was a small problem with the airport pick up'. However the local agent confirmed there was no boat booked and we were with them when the called the harbour master to try to book a boat.

Throughout the 3 days of the tour the local agent had a different agenda to the one we had paid for, so there was numerous areas of conflict where our tour did not meet what we had paid for.

I would highly recommend Komodo National Park just not with 'Buffalo Tours' who were unprofessional and not interested in rectifying their mistake.

Date of experience: August 2017
James D, Regional Client Experience Team Leader at Buffalo Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Shippy,
Thank you for taking a moment to share this review here on TripAdvisor. We're very sorry that your experience was not a great one, but glad that overall you had a great time visiting Komodo National Park. As noted, our partner in Komodo missed this booking, which of course had a major impact on your trip. Our team did try to follow up with you by email though, as you had indicated this was more convenient for you given your travel schedule. Our messages might have been diverted to spam, so please do check there. Nevertheless, we have taken serious note of this situation, and look forward to strong improvement in our Komodo tours moving forward.
Should you have any additional feedback from your experience, please do not hesitate to reach out to us either direct by email or via the feedback portal on our website.
Warm regards,