“Great value for money”
Review of Alex Hotel

Alex Hotel
Ranked #2 of 96 Halong Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel a couple of hours before the check-in time but the staff did all they could to check us in as soon as possible which was great. The room was spacious and had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. There are a couple of shops and restaurants within a 5 minute walk but the night time entertainment is generally pretty limited in this area.

The staff were great, really friendly and helpful. We didn't wake up in time for breakfast but the room alone was excellent value for money.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ldg57
Rosy-halong, Người quản lý at Alex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2017

Hi value customers!
Thanks alot for your comment about our services.
Your comment is our strong dynamic to be continue for best services.

Regards,
Rosy/Ms

Reviewed 5 March 2017

friendly and very helpful staff, originally has booked a 3 night stay, but after hearing about the overnight boat cruise in Ha Long Bay, the staff immediately jumped into action for making me accommodations in one of the boat tours and removing one of the nights from my original booking without charge! Thank you!
The Hotel itself can use a little facelift in the lobby and in the rooms, however the rooms are very practical and spacious! bed was a little too firm for me, but normally thats how it is in Asia.
During my stay their was not much happening in town so it was a ghost town, a little cold in this area and cant really say if it was close to any nightlife, however it is a short walking distance to a theme park and a few cafes.

I would stay here again

Room Tip: Single double was very spacious with balcony view
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Hi,
Thanks for your details comment,
We always do the best services for each small details. We hope that all the details from your comment with be complete.

Regards,
Rosy/Mrs
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights after finishing our Halong Bay Tour. We were given a king size bed in a large room that had been well cleaned. They provide a basic breakfast free of charge which is great considering the rather affordable price per night. The staff are really nice and helpful especially Vin at the front desk who was able to accommodate our needs. I would definitely recommend this placed if you are ever in Halong City.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

On our travels through Vietnam we stayed at Alex Hotel when visiting halong bay. Upon arriving at the hotel we were shocked at how good it looked for the price (£7pn), the women on the front desk could not have been more friendly and helpful as she explained what there is to do in the local area. When shown to our room we were again shocked at the overall standard of the rooms. We booked the double room and it was immaculate equipped with flat screen tv, mini bar and a hot shower. To top it off breakfast was also included in the rate, which was very nice. There was really nothing we could complain about at this hotel. The customer service was brilliant, would definitely stay again.

Stayed: January 2017
2  Thank geokane
Rosy-halong, Người quản lý at Alex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Hi Geokane!
We high appreciate for your comment about all services in my hotel for your stay in Halong!
We effort to complete our services daily. Each guest comment will be a strong dynamic for all staff. We be sure all customer are our a highest position.

Thanks and regards,
Rosy/Mrs

Reviewed 23 December 2016

The staff was great. I showed up late and was a little worried because Offline Maps said it would take 30 minutes from where I was staying in Halong City to get to Alex Hotel. My friend who was staying at Alex, waiting for me asked the front desk & they wrote out directions in Vietnamese to give to my taxi driver. So helpful! It took me less than 10 minutes to get there thanks to their directions.

Room was comfortable. I stayed on the second floor which provided window views of the surrounding houses, which was cool to see locals doing laundry & going about their business.

The only two things I think that could be improved upon is the internet and the water temperature. The wi-fi was not very reliable and dropped pretty frequently. The hot water lasted less than 10 minutes so you have to move fast & there's no divider between the shower and the toilet so everything gets wet. Keep your towels outside the bathroom until you're done.

Other than those two things, my stay was great! They arranged an amazing 3 day, 2 night cruise w/a bungalow stay with Imperial Cruise Lines. It was amazing. Definitely recommend the cruise and it includes a shuttle ride to Hanoi in the price.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Rosy-halong, Người quản lý at Alex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2017

Hi Kathryn,
We would like to thank for your stay in my hotel!
I remember you and your friend are very closely and lovely customers. All for your idea about your staying will be solve with best way. Because we always want to improve best services for our guests.

Thanks and regards,