Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Nicole
United States

Possibly Good for Families on A Budget

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 23 Jan 2020via mobile
Close to the amusement park in Ha Long. The property was mostly vacant during my one-night stay. Average amenities. A little bit off the beaten path if you’re looking to soak in a lot or even grab a quick bite.
Date of stay: December 2019
    AU$53
    AU$83
7.6 km from Golden Lotus Halong Hotel
View more hotels in Halong Bay
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 November 2019 via mobile

This hotel was so bad I paid to stay at a different hotel. It was dirty. The staff did not speak about English or try to use a communication software. The carpets are dirty. I couldn’t bring myself to remove my shoes. The window in my room did not fully close. The location of the hotel is not correct in apple maps. The hallways smell like smoke. The bed was hard as a rock. When my travel company attempted to reach out to the front desk, they refused to answer. I ended up spending less at a different hotel and getting a completely clean hotel. You can find so much better.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank singitpretty
Reviewed 10 September 2019

Where can I begin…

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. The service was non-existing, no one in the staff was service minded. Me and my friend stayed there for work purposes and ended up leaving early just because of their poor treatment. All the time there we were treated like strangers, no one in the staff knew we were guests, so we were questioned who we were at many times. They had a wedding one day and a conference one day, so they refused us entrance to the restaurant. They said we could order room service, but that would cost extra (almost twice as much). After one hour, when the wedding party had left, we were welcome into the restaurant to eat. It was dirty everywhere from the party and the staff was cleaning and shouting to each other. I don’t understand how they could serve us food in such an environment. When we finally got out food, we found black hair in BOTH of our foods… Need I say that I have blonde hair and my friend is a brunette?

One other day, the breakfast buffet was supposed to start at 06:00, bur when my friend arrived at the restaurant nothing was there! She went back to the room and them down again a bit after 07:00, and still nothing was there. The staff told her she could get friend rice and dessert (for breakfast???), and that the buffet was not available that day because there were so few guests. After fighting with the reception, she got them to take out some omelets, bread, marmalade and watermelon.

After all of this we went to the manager to tell her all about our poor experience. She offered us 10% discount on the total price, which we find ridiculous. We also talked to her manager on the phone, but after interrupting us multiple times, she refused to give us any more discount and hung up on us. We have never been so disrespectfully treated in our whole lives!

So, we left one day early, got 10% back as well as the cost for the last night. We went to Hanoi instead and were immediately treated with friendliness and respectfulness.

Once again, I must really emphasize that no one should ever stay at the Grand Halong Hotel! Every hotel we stayed at in Vietnam (and in the world) is far better than it.

PS. The Wi-Fi worked poorly in our room and not at all in the reception, the restaurant and the pool area.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Linn B
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Toilet flush not strong. Hard spring mattress bed. Small standing shower pod that is not friendly for usage. Creaky old cupboards and only 1 charging point per room as confirmed by me and various friends. Mostly family tourists from tour groups stay there. Bad meals option too. Won't recommend.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 October 2016

I came to hotel quite early, and can get the room immediately without surcharge. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. Beautiful panorama view of Halong Bay from hotel rooms. Rooms furnished is accepted. This is good choice once you stay in Halong bay

Room tip: Halong Bay view
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2016

Like most people said its past its glory, carpets dirty in the room , beds are hard as rock, no one speaks English at hotel, breakfast is really poor. The food at the hotel for other meals are awful . The shower is tiny, don't stay here , find another hotel.

Room tip: Don't stay here , best tip
Date of stay: May 2016