Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Quoc Bao T

Not worth 3 star hotel

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Mar 2014
I and my wife stayed here for 2 nites as part of a tour. The tour guide said that this hotel quite good, and i also think that because it's a 3 star hotel. But...
The room was so bad, just have a CRT TV, not LCD; the bed sheet seem old and dirty. The bathroom was awful. We didn't dare to use the bathtub. Beside there was nothing to do at night, really boring. There was a small market near the hotel but it not work at night. So we decided take a taxi to Bai Chay Bridge. Tomorow we had a free afternoon and we gone to the Vuon Dao market to bought some souvenir. That's all we could do in two days.
Date of stay: January 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2.0 of 5 bubblesValue
1.3 km from Asean Hai Ngoc Hotel
0.8 km from Asean Hai Ngoc Hotel
0.6 km from Asean Hai Ngoc Hotel
View more hotels in Halong Bay
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We booked an overnight stay here with my wife because it's just a walking distance from bai chay (where restaurants and souvenir shops are located). Our room have a small fridge, a CRT TV, a coffee table set, queen-sized bed. Good enough for an overnight stay where you go to see the beautiful wonderful rock formations at the Halong Bay and the areas surrounding it. You wouldn't spend too much time in the hotel either (just for sleeping). I could say we had a good night sleep (quiet at night with occasional sound of the motorcycle engines passing-by the area). Quality breakfast, you could request for soup and you can choose any food they serve on the buffet table (good enough to get you started).

Room tip: You can't stay here if your expectations are too high. Keep your expectations decent and you will enjoy your trip to Halong Bay area. This is not a 5-star hotel, but not the worst hotel so far in Halong. Enjoy!
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2013

The tour guild settled us in this hotel, telling us this hotel was quite good, had nice view and we had to spend 2 night at here. Only then, all of us start wondering is this hotel really a 3 star hotel. the room were so smelly, everyone in our tour complaints! We can't really sleep well because of the smell of the room! The bathroom was so creepy and dirty, some of the other's bathroom water was too small (cant even bath), basin were leaking water and the room were so dusty, like they never clean it.
The slipper were so creepy too! I don't want to stick my foot inside that ugly old dirty slipper until I had to walk in that creepy bathroom. Cant help..
The next day an auntie told me that they wake up realizing their room door had open! they were pretty sure they lock their door before sleep, luckily nothing had stolen.
The breakfast was even worst! Dont have much choice of food, they don't refill the butter when it had finish. Don't have baker. uhh. My mom had a hard time to communicate with them. My mom want some butter for the bread and they just point at the bread then look at us as if we were stupid.
The location weren't that good too, not much things around the hotel. so we though to rest well in the room but.......
Due to too many people compliant the hotel, the tour guild had us move to a better hotel for the next night.
I'm not sure how much for a room at this hotel, but if i'm traveling on my own, I would rather to spend a bit more money on a better hotel.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed here only for one night during our roundtrip trough Vietnam as a base for our day in Halong Bay.
The rooms was just ok, nothing special a bit outdated feel, same for the bathroom. Smell was a bid strange.
Breakfast at top floor was compared to the rooms rather good.
NExt time i would search for something a bit more modern and better located..location was on top of hill so for restaurant and stuff had the walk all the way down..

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank PatrickBuijs
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Wow, where to even start on this place.  I should begin by saying that i am australian and not Vietnamese, and I think this may change your experience at this hotel.
I rarely write hotel reviews but I feel I need to on this one.

I'll start with the good parts, the room it's self was basic, but ok. It had cable tv and a nice view of the bay.

Now the bad, our bathroom had one small light and green tiles which kind of made you feel like your in a prison cell.  On our first night there, my girlfriend went to the bathroom and I heard a scream, I ran in and the floor was covered in giant cockroaches just scurrying around. They had come out of a large hole in the bottom of the bathtub.
She ran downstairs to ask for some bug spray to spray the hole, and spent 10 minutes trying to communicate what a cockroach was to the lady. Eventually she sent up some Vietnamese man who just stomped on them, then picked them up with his bare hands and threw them back in the hole. The same man made as breakfast in the morning.

This is not a hotel where you can get a good nights rest. At all hours of the night there are people screaming and yelling down the stair well. The building is built in such a way that everything echos, and to make that worse the cleaning ladies communicate by yelling down the stairs to each other.  Occasionally they just take a break and about 8 of them just sit in the stairs and talk and laugh loudly.  This can happen at 2am or 5am, nobody seems to sleep here.

I'm beginning to think Vietnamese culture includes never sleeping and talking loudly, because there were lots of Vietnamese people staying in the hotel, and they would yell equally as loud, even from their front door into the rooms. We could here people yelling at each other from the lobby and we were on the 7th floor.

We had to use ear plugs every night, and even still we were being woken up constantly. Occasionally my girlfriend would storm out in the hall and tell them to shut up. Which rarely worked.

Our door barely closed and there was about a 2cm gap at the top of the door between the frame.  The doors were made of a hollow sheet wood, and did almost nothing to keep the noise out.

We were woken up at 8am by the Cleaners who would be trying to make up the room, there was no door signs to tell them to leave us alone.

The breakfast was two oily eggs and some stale bread, usually with a little bit of watermelon.  It seemed to be up to them to decide if we got coffee or not.

Nobody spoke English except the person at the front desk, and most of the time we felt very uneasy. We were stared at, nobody ever smiled at us and we just kind of felt like we had crashed on some local persons couch who didn't want us there rather than paying customers at a hotel.  One night we bought some fruit and went up stairs to ask for a knife, the staff stared at us, then laughed at us and one of them took out a camera phone and took a photo of my girlfriend, all the while laughing with the other staff in Vietnamese.  It made us feel very uncomfortable.

The morning we left was our happiest time here, and on the way out one of the staff had a small child with her in reception.  The child sneezed food all over the front glass window and then urinated all over the floor as it was not wearing a nappy. The woman then pulled out a very small hand towel and smeared it around the floor with her hands, not even drying it properly then threw the urine soaked towel back in some room behind reception.
That was kind of the icing on the cake for us, we were almost laughing at this point, thinking maybe there was a tv crew following us and we were on some funny tv show, but alas were weren't, and this was all real.

We've been traveling for 3 months through Asia, staying in budget and not so budget accommodation, this one was by far the worst.   In fact this is the worst hotel Iv ever stayed at in my many years of traveling.
The building was not so bad, but everything inside it seemed to make the place bad. The management here needs a big kick in the behind, they have a nice building with nice views but they have no idea how to run a hotel or any idea about customer service. They run the place like it's their own house, and not a hotel.

It was not cheap either which is what annoys me most. By contrast, we're in hue now and we're paying an additional $8 per night, and the hotel is fantastic.  Quite possibly the best we've ever been to.

Avoid the Asean hai ngoc

Date of stay: July 2011
6  Thank Soundpunk
Reviewed 27 December 2008

We stayed here as part of our Ha Long Bay tour on 30th November, 2008. Not sure how much the rooms are.. but we had a lot of problems with it.

We had two rooms - two single beds in each room. The rooms look great at first - beds are made, there's a tv, table with two chairs.

My room was fine, but the bathroom was terrible... the bathtub was not attached to the wall, the toilet was dodgy and it was a bit smelly..

The worst room was my mothers... Her room actually smelt like poo.. I didn't believe them at first, until I walked into their room and the smell gushed out. It was horrible. It was only for one night so there was no point complaining, they didn't realise until they woke up.

Advantages: Has an elevator, and a restaurant upstairs. The food was part of our package and it was delicious. Breathtaking view from the restaurant. The staff were very friendly. There is free internet downstairs, but there is only one computer.

Disadvantages: The smell in the room.. awful. Also, we could hear everyone outside. There was a tour while we were there and they woke everyone up at 6am.

Overall: I'm sure not all the rooms smell, and if it wasn't for this it would actually be OK. The bathroom was not great either... would only pay about 300,000 DNG for this.

Date of stay: November 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jwyh