Lowest prices for your stay
Novotel
AU$75
Martin S

Great support!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 17 Jan 2024via mobile
We stayed two nights at Novotel and although the hotel is missing some charme the staff does not. As we experienced a very friedly service at the reception by Mrs. Hong. She privided us with all information and supported us for cruise booking and vietnamese restaurants.
We really feld welcome and taken care of. Thank you very much Mrs. Hong
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 17 Jan 2024
Dear Martin S,
Thank you for choosing Novotel Ha Long Bay and for taking the time to leave us a review here. It is our great pleasure to receive your compliments about our friendly service at reception. Rest assured that we will share your feedback to our team, especially Mrs. Hong as this will serve as an encouragement to all of us who strive every day to provide excellent service to our clients.
Many thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Ha Long Bay soon.
The hotel management team
    AU$88
9.0 km from Novotel Ha Long Bay
View more hotels in Halong Bay
1,157 results
All reviews nice hotel nice pool great view breakfast buffet swimming pool night market seafood day cruise bay balcony accor tour bathtub port vietnamese
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 January 2024 via mobile

4日間止まった。非常にうるさい。近くのクラブからドラムの音は前日の夜から翌日朝まで続いた。全く寝れなかった。
非常吵,附近夜总会打鼓的声音从前一天晚上持续到第二天早上,我呆了4天,没有一天能好睡。
I have stayed for four days. Very noisy because of music club’s drum beating sound. I could not sleep every night.

Room tip: 不建议住这儿。泊まらいないほう良い。don’t stay here.
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank chenoooo
Novotel Ha Long Bay, General Manager at Novotel Ha Long Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2024

Dear chenoooo,
Thank you for choosing Novotel Ha Long Bay as your accommodation choice and for taking the time to share your feedback here. We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow us to express our sincerest apologies. The drum beating sound is from the beach club. The hotel has set up earplugs with the hope that they might help our guests sleep. The hotel also sent an official letter to the local authority about this issue as it is our of hotel control.
Once again, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We look forward to having the chance to better serve you in the future.
Best regards,
The hotel management team

Reviewed 22 December 2023 via mobile

Novotel Ha long Bay

We are now at the end of our first week in the beautiful country of Vietnam travelling from Hanoi to SaPa and today Ha Long Bay. Knowing this is not a travel forum I do have to comment on the beauty of Vietnam and even more strikingly, the generosity of the people with whom we have come across in our very brief time here.

The staff at the Novotel in Ha Long Bay are no exception! We were greeted with a warm welcome. We arrived very early at 9:00 am following an overnight train trip from SaPa to Hanoi followed by a two hour mini coach ride to Halong Bay, not expecting anything other than the option of leaving our bags whilst we waited for check in later in the day.

Once again we were greeted with unfailing courtesy at the door by Ngọc, who took our bags and directed us to the front desk where Huang and Hoang offered to find us a room as soon as possible. Twenty minutes later we were invited to go to our upgraded suite so we might rest rather than wait for another room later in the day. Hoang then escorted us to our room, followed by Ngọc with our luggage.

Our room is magnificent and the view over Ha Long Bay breathtaking as you can see from the photos. The facilities in our room were excellent, the bed comfortable and the bathroom just perfect. We even have a fabulous sitting area to relax and enjoy the view over Ha Long Bay

Thanks also to Hiem, the Housekeeping Manager, who assisted us when we were first using our key cards at our door and asked if there was any more he might do to assist us. The lounge area in this bright and sunny reception area is cosy and we were nicely looked after by the barman, Bach.

Breakfast was a la carte on the morning we were here but can also be a buffet in other days. Trang was gracious and kind as she assisted us in our breakfast choices.

It was 10:00 am and we were checked in and hoped we might have a coffee before venturing out for the day. The breakfast dining room was shutting but Trang who was waiting at the entrance welcomed us in and helped us with coffee and food even though the restaurant was shutting for the morning. Such a kind gesture and much appreciated after a long night and morning to get to this beautiful part of the world and this already amazing start to our stay at the Novotel.

Once again this is another beautiful hotel in Vietnam, managed and staffed by a wonderful, caring team. Thank you to P.Anh at reception who was so helpful with our queries and for arranging transport for us in our departure.

Hospitality world wide could take a leaf out of the Vietnamese understanding of generosity and the care of their visitors. We for one will be returning to this beautiful part of the world

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2023

Last minute booking as there was a Typhoon warning and no boats (which we should have been staying on) were allowed out to sea at Ha Long Bay.
The hotel as a stopgap was OK but would not have liked to stay there for longer.
Room was clean and OK but did not think much of the cuisine.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2023

This was our first time coming to Ha Long and we felt very comfortable at Novotel Ha Long Bay.
The receptionist is very friendly, enthusiastic and professional. This was our honeymoon trip so we booked a deluxe Junior Suite with sea view for 1 night and we were surprised that they decorated our room so beautifully. They also sent us a small cake to commemorate this honeymoon trip. Besides, the breakfast buffet is very diverse, has many choices and is very suitable for our taste. We were very impressed with the service and staff of Novotel Ha Long Bay. We will choose Novotel Ha Long Bay when we return to Ha Long next time.

Room tip: Nice
Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2023

Don't bother booking Novotel because you really have to fight hard to communicate or make them understand an issue. Issue no. 1) The day we checked in for a holiday with my baby, on 23rd October, there was a bell man who gave horrible arrogant vibes. He saw me get down from the car while I was carrying my baby after a beach visit and made me walk outside saying I had a bit of sand not on my feet but my leg, it was barely a bit of sand, I mean I had cleaned my feet after beach visit and I myself am particular about cleanliness. They just love to insult and embarrass you, specially brown skinned people. Despite seeing a mom carrying a baby, the bell man created unnecessary negativity spoiling my holiday mood. Hotel however apologised for his behaviour and replaced bell man to a sweeter one. Day of check out, 25th, they had taken 12 million security deposit from me, swiped my debit card and my hotel bill was around 8 million. My bank statement showed 12 million deducted on 23rd on check in date.. Instead of paying us difference amount by subtracting hotel charge of 8 million from 12 million security deposit amount during check out, they swiped and deducted 8 million all over again and said 12 million security deposit would reach my account within hours. They just had to pay the difference amount to make it easy for the guest. Even after checking out, I have to wait for 12 million to get reflected in my bank account. I have had horrible experiences in Novotel Phu Quoc as well, they are just not worth it. Bath tub in Ha Long Bay phu quoc had a leaking hand shower which was almost dysfunctional. Music Sound from beach club till mid night in beach view rooms is irritating. Only positive was the awesome chef who really has the spirit to make the guests feel welcome and respected and loved. He is a warm person and extremely professional and does his job well. Well, Novotel, I gave you a second chance but you failed miserably this time too. There are better hotel options around and with better facilities and service. I would say Novotel is not worth it.

Room tip: Communication is an issue, Make sure you question them regarding security deposit money and what their method would be to return it
Date of stay: September 2023