Lowest prices for your stay
Novotel
AU$75
GhettoGirlTravels
Detroit, Michigan

The Best Service EVER! Five Star Plus Plus!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Mar 2023via mobile
Tourism is slowly making its comeback in this area of Ha Long Bay. When my “limousine” bus dropped me off, on the road, across the street from my hotel, I thought, “This was a big mistake!” I was wrong. The staff at this hotel was simply wonderful. The front desk staff was great! Housekeeping was friendly and fantastic! With nothing much else open, around the hotel (with an exception of Papa’s BBQ), most of my meals were at the hotel. That dining room staff is 100 percent Five Stars. I asked about dessert, after my first dinner there. With so few hotel guests, there wasn’t any. The next night, a young female on staff was slow in bringing me my bill. When she did, she had a slice of brownie cake for me. The following day, while I was seated at the pool, the same woman appeared with a hot cup or tea and cookies. On my final night there, the dining crew presented me with a special dessert treat. You cannot get that level of service from just anywhere. I hope tourism quickly returns to this area and especially to this outstanding hotel!
Date of stay: March 2023
Room Tip: There are men driving electric carts willing to take you on a tour of Ha Long Bay. Bartering for...
Trip type: Travelled solo
    AU$84
9.0 km from Novotel Ha Long Bay
View more hotels in Halong Bay
1,157 results
All reviews nice hotel nice pool great view breakfast buffet swimming pool night market seafood day cruise bay balcony accor tour bathtub port vietnamese
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2023

We stayed there for 2 nights and the experience was brilliant. The hotel location is perfect for discovery of the city. Staff was very helpful and the breakfast was very good too. Thank you very much!

Room tip: Pool is really good!
Date of stay: January 2023
Reviewed 28 December 2022

We stayed here two nights. This is the third time I've stayed here. Very few guests. As per usual with Novotel, reliable 4 star quality and no complaints. What was exceptional was the service we received, which included booking a bay cruise and upgrading our TV to a smart one. Great view of the land reclamation of the bay!

Date of stay: December 2022
Reviewed 8 December 2022 via mobile

Located at the heart of the town, it is 10-15 mins away from most locations including the market, the beach and the port. Being well located, it was easy to get cabs/travel through the town.
The rooms and nice and spacious, and the staff is courteous with prompt service.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2022

A truly fantastic experience and I am beyond happy that I've joined the Accor group in Q4 this year after hitting Titanium with Bonvoy. This is their only property in Ha Long and so I was excited to check it out.

A+: Reception and welcoming at check in, upgrade (low season so the hotel isn't crowded), rooms (Ha Long Bay view is gorgeous), really nice pool, great hospitality area to watch World Cup matches, relatively good prices for a Western hotel restaurant and bar, and location between multiple areas people will want to visit.

Would definitely return if I make it back to Ha Long.

Room tip: Getting Grab bikes and cabs is harder in Ha Long than anywhere else I've been in Vietnam. Be sure to check with the hotel for transportation
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 November 2022 via mobile

Very nice hotel with lovely staff. The food was fine. We liked the pool and bar area. The staff helped us rent a motorbike during our stay. Be aware that the beach club across the street plays very loud dance music until all hours of the night, even during the week.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple