“not for me next time!”

Ranked #40 of 77 Hotels in Da Lat
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“not for me next time!”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed here during our 2 days and night in Dalat on our grouptrip trough vietnam.
Although we had a "suite" on the topfloor all in all it was just ok.
Wear and tear, single glass in our room on a noisy intersection, not always clean.
Our bathroom was not always clean enough and even worse the second day it smelled horrible!
Beds were hard, not comfortable.

Breakfast wase strange with the buffet style setting and big tourist groups from outside hotel also eating there for a few dongs...
Location for dalat is ok I guess.

Our second worst hotel on our trip in Vietnam...

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank PatrickBuijs

Families
Solo
Business
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I'm not keen on large hotels, the staff at the newly named Thang Loi 1 (ex- Golf 2) are very indifferent. Breakfast is only available for two hours between 6 - 8 am., which is not very convenient. The 16 room service menu items, range from 30 000 - 80 000 VND, but you have to contact them before 11 am, probably because the restaurant caters for tourist groups arriving and leaving in buses.

The room was spacious and clean enough, although a little worse for wear - pedestal fan, no heating (OK for this time of year), toiletries, hairdryer, mini bar items, slippers, emergency light. The stairwell and corridors were not lit during the day, which made it almost impossible to see if you'd just walked in from outside. Only 1 computer in the lobby. No in-room safe, only at reception.

Great location and OK, but I'd probably find a smaller, more intimate hotel next time.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Portland
Reviewed 25 February 2009

This hotel looked promising at first. The rooms were nice and clean. They were serviced daily. For whatever reason though, the rooms were freezing cold despite the fact that it was a nice pleasant temperature outside. There were no heaters in the rooms so we had to ask for extra blankets. The bell hops were very friendly even though they did not know much english. However, the front desk attendant who did know english was rude and not very helpful. He told me that their credit card machine was not working when we checked out and therefore had to pay in cash for our rooms. I told him that I had to use my card because I had no cash. He stared me down and I stared right back until he used his credit card machine. The machine worked! I'm wondering now if it was ever broken. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends