Les Sapins 60
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Da Lat
See available hotels
Cam Do Hotel(Da Lat)
  • Restaurant
Tulip Hotel(Da Lat)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
Dreams Hotel(Da Lat)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Hotel is in excellent location and staff could not be more friendly. Room was clean, spacious and very pleasant. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone thinking about staying here. Definately one of the better hotels we have stayed in on our travels!!

3  Thank Angie1900
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Nice bright and clean room at a low price. The bathroom was awkward to use (small and irregularly shaped). Some staff was very friendly and helpful while others seemed too focused on selling us trips (yet, could not explain where these trips were taking us and did not have any info in English -- the map they provide (for a price) is also only in Vietnamese. There is a bar directly across from the hotel that is VERY LOUD and stays open VERY LATE. Three times the cleaning woman came into our room without knocking -- LOCK YOUR DOOR. Also, the in-suite wifi works only some of the time, and even then, it's very slow.

Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

We didnt realise it was the New Year so struggled to find accommodation but they opened just for us which was way beyond the call of duty.
The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and there was plenty of room for 2 people.
The location is good and is only 5 minutes away from the night market and lake.
Would recommend this place

• Stayed: February 2013
5  Thank Jodie N
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We stayed at Les Sapins (pronounced 'lay sapeens' by the locals if you are ever trying to explain to anyone where you are staying) for three nights at the meagre cost of 17dollars a night and the service given for this price was just great.
Of course little things like a kettle or a fridge in the bedroom or breakfast were not available for this price but there were tonnes of nice places for coffee and breakfast on the street (e.g the art cafe, the windmill cafe, another cafe a few doors down from the art cafe that has a bathtub inside for decoration and an old bicycle on the wall which was recommended by the lovely sister-in-law of the owner who also works at les sapins so ask her about it - she might even go for a coffee with you if you're lucky and tell you all about their interesting family) and there is a cafe/bar in the reception where you can get water and beer etc. Despite the lack of little extras like this, the room was very clean and reasonably spacious, the bed was great with good quality sheets that did not look at all worn or used. The bathroom was big enough and again very clean, the shower did soak the entire bathroom but this is pretty typical in hotels in Vietnam where the shower is not separated from the rest of the bathroom at all. The shower was hot, there was a tv in the room and stairs to the room.
We were at the front of the hotel with a balcony which we liked but I don't think it would suit everyone as the street below was very busy and not really picturesque at all. There was a considerable invasion of street noise into the bedroom so if this is bothersome for you you might want to ask for a room at the back of the hotel where it might be better.
The owner has fantastic English as does his sister-in-law (they are not always there though and the other staff seem not so proficient which was a little hard sometimes) and when they say they speak French they really mean it! The owner may look like a local Dalat guy but he is actually from Paris with French as his first language so great for French travellers (or French enthusiasts like us). Again though, I don't know about the French of other staff so you may struggle if you need help on a day when the owner is not in. He also told us his wife is a pharmacist which might come in handy if you get sick during your stay!

The only complaint I have about Les Sapins is that they close up the bar and reception rather early so when you come in from dinner (if youre out later than 9pm it seems) you have to ring a bell and someone comes to open the shutter and let you in. This wouldnt be a problem but one night we rang for almost 10 minutes before someone let us in when it really wasnt even late I think it was about 9.30pm.

Overall this place is in a great location (next to restaurants and tour operators and down the road from the market) and was a great choice for us.

4  Thank khed4
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Les Sapins 60, I was here for 3 nights and wish I could have stayed longer. My room was extremely comfortable and clean and there was a smell of freshness to the entire place which was a nice surprise.

It was extremely good value for money for the room with the receptionist being friendly and approachable for information; he speaks good English and French (and Vietnamese of course). In fact, he helped me book a motorbike guide for a one day tour around Dalat and the surrounding countryside which I thoroughly enjoyed. I paid $12 a night for a large double room with en suite and a small balcony that overlooked the street. The wifi was excellent and the cable TV a nice bonus.

The hotel is ideally situated with the local market a short 5 minute walk away and plenty of coffee shops and restaurants on the same street as Les Sapins 60. All in all, if I were to go back to Dalat I personally wouldn't bother looking for anywhere else to stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo