“Excellent ”
Review of French Garden

French Garden
Ranked #263 of 1,253 Restaurants in Pattaya
Price range: USD 4 - USD 21
Description: Just 5 minutes from the center of Pattaya, the owners of the FRENCH GARDEN Restaurant, Rita and Christian, warmly welcome everyone to sit in a Salon, to take a drink, before to choose a table. I advise everyone to have the luck to discover one of the best French Traditional Cuisines, but also… a Thai Cuisine absolutely delicious. Moreover, the location is so quiet, and so beautiful, that it reminds to all guests and customers, the revelation of a magnificent Oasis, yes, so unique, peaceful, and sumptuous: an exceptional place. A restaurant with a swimming pool, yes a swimming pool where customer can take a bath too! It is as a real Dream!
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

We called on the way back from the beach and even though they were closed, we were given a friendly welcome. We had a quick look at the menu and decided it was definitely worth a visit.
We visited a couple of nights later and once again the welcome was very friendly, but not overbearing.
The garden setting is very nice and the decor is a mix of Mediterranean and Thai.
We opted for the set menu, which has a very good selection of starters and mains. I chose the carpaccio and my wife, the terrine. Both were good sized portions and exceptionally tasty.
We both chose the pork fillet for main and were not disappointed. The pork was beautifully cooked and the accompanying sauce and vegetables was lovely.
I finished the meal with a chocolate cake and ice cream, whilst my wife had the ice cream option.
The meal also came with a 250ml carafe of wine per person, of which the red was of an acceptable standard.
A very pleasant evening with good service and amiable hosts.

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

My mother and I were lucky enough to get into this lovely French restaurant. We hadn’t booked (recommended) but staff managed to get us a table.
Food was so tasty and looked it. The manager came over and said hello, made sure we were ok

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Looking for a french restaurant and having read mixed comments about this place and we decided to go and check to make our own idea, mainly after seeing bad comments were mainly written the same day by 2 or 3 different persons.. who had and have only one review on the site..
We were not disappointed.. The place is lovely.. small pool in the garden with few tables around it, with enough distance not to be disturbed by other guests.. Very quiet, even if 20 meters away only from busy main road..The owners welcomed us nicely, service is attentive, efficient.. Both husband and wife are very nice.. and thai staff well trained..
To begin with we ordered the home made terrine for 2.. Big portion, more than enough for 2 persons, according too me, too much for one.. and very reasonable price.. Before we had been offered a toast with little cucumber, tomato, onion salad on toast,, very fresh,, easy to see it was just cut before serving..
I then decided to go for the half cooked red tuna mango.. It is in fact half cooked tuna served on a pepper, cucumber, onion, mango salad, with, on the side a passion fruit cut in 2 pieces.. I must say I purposely went for this plate, knowing personnally that cooking tuna is an art, as it can very easily become hard and chewy...
This was an excellent surprise.. The tuna was ideally cooked.. soft and tasty, and the salad was very pleasant and made an excellent match (when ordering I was little bit reserved upon the tuna/mango mix, and I was totally wrong)
This is an extremely big portion.. on top of it, not being announced as a main course but first course on the menu.. It was hard for me to finish, but it was so good that I did
I then went for a semi cooked chocolate cake .. Very good, well done and could make out the chocolate used was of very good quality.. Surprisingly it comes with a vanilla ice cream scoop and whipped cream.. All separate on the plate, allowing one to eat it or not if not wanted..
With it we had a very good bottle of red wine..
When paying we were offered a choice of complementary alcohol.. I went for a bailey
Food for 2, little above 1000 bahts which for the quality and quantities served is excellent..
We decided to give a second try in 10 days.. to try in fact other dishes..

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

A hidden gem on a quiet lane off the busy thappraya road . The food is simply outstanding and the the decor very chic. Rita and her husband run this place with passion they also have a couple of rooms and a small swimming pool!
Had very enjoyable dinners

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Food was not fresh with some items missing on the menu . Better french restaurant in patttaya just around the corner . Meat not fresh . Price expensive .

FrenchGardenPat... P, Propriétaire at French Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Oh....sorry,this day we was closed...