All reviews walking street rooms are clean and comfortable nice pool big hotel large fridge good size pattaya bay walkable distance swimming pool budget hotel balcony poolside
Reviewed 30 March 2015

I have visited this Hotel many times and it is going through a period of change but not for the better. The room I had was clean, the cleaner worked very hard on the bathroom but this was a dead duck. the bath was stained a dark yellow from a constant leaking tap. This room had no carpet down but a tiled floor which for me was better because the carpet did not smell. I will start with the bathroom large with a shower over bath and tiled floor, together with a marble topped vanity unit with a sink and hair drier well lit and apart from the already mentioned bath clean. There is very little to help the disabled person in Thailand this hotel really has no facilities the ramp in to the hotel is a trek on its own, but back to the room. The bath I used as a shower needed the red bath mat in place before taking a shower. Without it was impossible to stand I slipped on my first visit which was frightening to say the least.
The room comes with a fridge (empty) apart from water my advise buy it at the 24/7 at the end of the road. The bed is low with 4 pillows and a thin mattress but comfortable and a great air con unit . The TV is something out of the ark old and of poor quality sound and picture, channels are limited not what you would expect from this type of hotel. The furniture is Thai teak plenty of wardrobe and drawers few hangers the lighting is good. One thing that I found very strange in the bedroom was the fact that if you were in bed you are unable to turn the lights off without getting out of bed.
A small balcony I could see the pool and the sea in the distance, the evening were not noisy little road noise but I was 9 floors high. Building was going on in the adjacent sister hotel by the pool which at times could be noisy during the pool days . A good waiter service including food and drink at the pool but it does close at 5,00 p.m
The reception is dated and dark the staff are rude and unhelpful telling another guest that if he had complaints to stop blah, blahing in her face. Do not book a taxi with them they will not arrive on time and then drive like a madman to your destination.
Overall I find this hotel average it seems to have lost its way the reception staff are far from trained. The cleaners are hard working and when I was ill called in to make sure t that I was alright. The bell boy will welcome you with open arms, hoping for a tip on your exit you are on your own. This is not a family hotel as such it has little for children and the steps up to the entrance are quite foreboding fo anyone disabled. I will not stay here again I think it has had a good run but I want to feel relaxed on holiday something I did not feel here.

Room tip: any thing floor 8 or higher
Date of stay: January 2015
1  Thank 1strib
Reviewed 24 March 2015

This hotel is in a good location and that is about all I can say for it. The price is not bad, but the sleep quality is not the best. The room is adequate. It does have a huge lobby if you are into large lobbies.

Reviewed 19 March 2015

Have stayed at the Royal Twins in Pattaya for the 4th time in successive years. Location ideal, close to all places on 2nd road. Security very good at hotel, pool and outside facilities not a problem.
Cant think of any negatives to be honest, reception staff are not the best English speaking staff and perhaps if better speakers or Philllipine staff would be an advantage but I never had a problem at all during my stay, and will continue to frequent this hotel in furture years

Date of stay: March 2015
Reviewed 4 March 2015

Like its namesake neighboring hotel (the Royal Palace), the Royal Twins Palace Hotel is a grand hotel still showing signs of its former glory. Marble, granite and timber adorn the very impressive lobby and the rooms. After staying at the Palace last week, we chose to stay at the Twins on our return to Pattaya and also went for the cheaper 'Superior' room at 1400 baht per night compared to 1800 for the 'Deluxe'. Both hotels have the same pricing (and have the same ownership/management I think??). The room was very similarly appointed, just a little smaller and it had a much nicer view over the Pattaya City sign and the beach.
The two hotels are similar in many respects - both are in a quiet back street area, have a nice pool, efficient and prompt housekeeping service, pricy wifi at 100 baht for 24 hours (and you still need to log in after long periods of inactivity or leaving the hotel), convenient location to restaurants and entertainment etc.
We expected breakfast to be much the same as well, but even though the food selection was similar, it was better prepared and presented by a more active and attentive staff. The staff clearly worked as a team and ensured that the food displays were well stocked, spills were cleaned promptly, serving spoons were laid out properly etc. All little things that make a big difference to the breakfast dining experience after 150-200 guests have each served themselves.
This is the hotel I'd return to next time.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2015

Along with my wife this is now our 4th year in succession staying at the Royal Twins Palace Hotel. Great location fabulous facilities and friendly staff. The price is very reasonable at 1400 baht per night for a very large room and if you request a high floor the views of the city are quite spectacular. We recommended a group of 12 friends to stay at this hotel and all were very pleased with their stay. No complaints whatsoever. We intend to return next year....... John and Liz from Scotland

Room tip: High floor facing Pattaya Bay
1  Thank johnboy56