“Best breakfast buffet ever”

Jomtien Palm Beach Hotel & Resort
Ranked #68 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Batley, United Kingdom
“Best breakfast buffet ever”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is a great place to stay, right on Jomtien beach. I only spent one night here as I was attending a conference held at the hotel. There isn't much to do in Jomtien but it's far less seedy than Pattaya and the beach is supposed to be cleaner.
The hotel decor is kind of outdated as far as the corridors and landings go but the rooms are very modern, clean and there's cable TV and internet access in the rooms. The breakfast was what really blew me away, however. You can have an omelet made for you by a special omelet chef, there's spaghetti, noodles, pancakes... you name it, plus free flowing tea, coffee and juice. I've never had a better breakfast. I wished I was a cow with extra stomachs so I could have gorged myself on everything. Wow!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank BibianaBurke

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My family has stayed in this hotel at least 4 times. We find it very well located away from the bustle and noise of Pattaya and yet close enough to dine out sometimes at Pattaya. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean and comfortable. Their breakfast is excellent. They have a bowling alley which is an added attraction. The beach is just across the road Swimming pool is also very nice. There are plenty of places to eat in case you do not want to eat in the hotel. The Eurostar restaurant is particularly good with a wide variety of cuisine. Transport can be obtained from just across the road.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms on the higher floors are good
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Malaga
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel in January 2008 after our stay in Bangkok and before doing a tour of northern Thailand. The hotel was very nice and in a nice area called Jomtien next to Pattaya, which I wasn´t too impressed with. Pattaya is not too nice but Jomtien is the nice upmarket area and the beach is much quieter. The room was spacious and clean, breakfast was very nice except for the very rude russian tourists who would push and shove you to cut in line for the buffet. I have never in my life seen such rude people, no manners, just like savages!
It is only a few minutes away from Pattaya and you can go by taxi.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Viajeracantabra
Krungthep Mahanakorn
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We first visited this conference hotel in 1997 when it was "Royal Jomtien" but the hotel has been completely renovated (google the hotel's old name to learn more about its tragic history) although we find rooms in the main wing terribly dirty, with dated furniture and mouldy ceiling, and our neighbours complain about rats and ants on the 10th floor. To please faint-hearted Thais, the hotel puts them in the new wing and and you too should request for it. Even without anything paranormal, the noise (and cigarette smoke) from the Chinese and Russian tour groups who usually occupy the main wing will make your stay miserable.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank PORhibido
Holbrook, New York
Reviewed 14 April 2013

This was my first trip to Pattaya. My first suggestion is if you are thinking of enjoying the fun in Pattaya don't stay at Jomtien beach, because it is not really a short distance and I found the taxi's jack up their fees at night. Next problem is that most of the staff at this hotel speak very little English and some don't speak English at all. Though friendly, however this can present a problem to some travelers. The hotel is actually loaded with amenities, various restaurants, spa and a bowling alley.

Next problem, the room. The first thing I noticed was a huge oil stain on one bed. I didn't touch that bed fearing that the bed spread was hiding something worse on the other side. The room is very dated and in need of a paint job and better lighting. The bathroom was screaming for an update. The A/C is very loud. I did like the computerized light control with alarm and the flat screen TV. My pet-peeve are hotels that do not offer a personal safe and there are no safes in the rooms. For a $1,000 baht deposit you can get a safe down in the lobby for your valuables. There is security by the elevators but I noticed, they primarily monitored during the day but not the night. I was very disappointed with the tours, I really wanted to see the Alangkarn Show, but they claimed that had no info and that I would need to buy tickets directly with Alangkarn and make my own arrangements with transfers. Even worse, all tours you get through the hotel must be paid in cash, no credit cards accepted. This is the first time I have ever encountered this policy. If you are going to the Sanctuary of Truth you must inquire immediately with the desk because there are special group rates and transfers than can be arranged. Of course no one mentioned to this to me until I returned from the temple!

I used the service of one of the "taxis" that are in the parking lot that are connected to the hotel. The driver gave me a special deal and drove me to the Sanctuary of Truth which is about 40 minutes away. Afterward he also drove me to the Big Buddha and viewpoints where you can see great views of Pattaya and Jomtien beaches. One annoying thing is the driver and everyone at the hotel constantly pushed a trip to the Gem store. Do they all get commissions?

The pool looks very nice but I was immediately put off seeing some Chinese tourists pulling off their pants in plain sight and going swimming in their underwear. The pool didn't even seem clean despite that. The poolside restaurant is fantastic, the price, food and service is exceptional. The breakfast is outstanding, they have a huge variety of Thai, Chinese and western food. But the main restaurant is like a cafeteria setting.

I ended up signing up for a tour through the hotel. All went well until the end when I walked out to return to the hotel. The driver left without me. I paid for the transfer with my ticket and now I had to find my own transportation back to Jomtien beach from Pattaya beach. When I returned to the hotel I politely mentioned this to the personnel at the concierge desk and the front desk. I have no idea if they understood or even cared. I just got a few blank stares and no response, no apology, no offer to contact the driver....nothing.

Well about the area: there is no shortage of restaurants and bars nearby. It is a very busy area. There are various expat bars, British, Russian, Hungarian and German. There is also a 7-11 just a block away, but stay away from the small family mart. The owner is the only person I have ever met in Thailand who is rude and obnoxious. She looks at everyone with contempt and rage. You will notice dark blue (almost black) pick-up trucks everywhere, these are the local tuk-tuk service offering a cheap means of transportation. During the day I paid $50 baht for Pattaya to Jomtien, however at night everyone wanted to charge $300.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo