1,100 results
All reviews evergreen wing soi diana corona wing super deluxe room soi lk metro walking street air con nice hotel pool view small balcony bars and restaurants standard room central location cleaning staff nice pool buffet breakfast beach road
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Areca is in Pattaya , a city not renowned for class, but offering many accommodation alternatives
This month I stayed at Areca because my friends booked there . Let’s review this hotel:
1 price was acceptable for a 3 star. The location was also fine
2 my advance booking direct to the hotel was not honoured. The Reception staff could not care less. They wanted Payment before I saw the room. After much argument a key was provided. The room ( king executive) was old smelly and 3 star They very reluctantly moved rooms , at extra cost of course
3 breakfast was adequate but on one morning the staff said “ turn off the air con then they will go “. I can speak thai and looked at the time .., 10.30 am the time breakfast finishes. There were 17 people in the room and the temperature rose so quickly the room emptied quickly. No warning no style no courtesy
4 checkout was 11.30 am. On check in requested 1 pm. No not possible. Mmmm
Returned to Reception at 11.45 and staff reminded me bluntly that I was 15 min late. I thanked them ... like not. Attitude was disgraceful
5 the staff in the cafe were good. The porter Jettow was pleasant and efficient. As for the rest they should work anywhere else except a hotel. They need a personality course

I would suggest you check carefully whether this is a suitable place , even 3 star

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 weeks and had a lovely time. All the staff were friendly and kind everyone made an effort to smile and greet you. The breakfast was great lots of choice and an egg chef so you get them exactly how you like them. :) I wasn't a huge fan of the coffee at breakfast however there is a coffee machine that does lovely lattes and mochas!! The house keeping were all friendly and everything was clean and in good order. We had no problems checking in or checking out and when we were checking out early for our flight they arranged the taxi for us and it was 1250thb. They did us a packed breakfast to take with us. We chose what we wanted the night before. There's a safe , kettle and mini bar in the room. We had no problems with the safe and the mini bar prices weren't bad at all. If you prefer there is a family Mart just across the road for your snacks :)

The pools were nice and cleaned every evening plenty of sun beds and you collect towels down by the pool to use. If you want a drink they will bring to you and give you a buzzer so you can call if you want to place an order.

Overall we loved the hotel and other guests we spoke to had said they have been going there for years so that says to me it is a great place. Location is also fantastic.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Me and a few friends stayed here. Very nice place and I would stay here again if I am able to come back to this area. Staff and service cleaners very helpful and able to answer any questions that is asked.

Room Tip: The back area of the three buildings on the property seems to be the cheaper of the rooms. Regardless still very good
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Surely, this has to one of the better hotels in the area. From reception through to check-out, it was a pleasurable experience staying here.
The room was very quiet and comfortable with a decent pillow for a change. Friendly staff and a super breakfast buffet.
Yes, well worth the extra to stay at this pleasurable hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim H
Reviewed 15 June 2018

This is about the 10th time i've stayed at Areca Lodge. I love coming back because the amazing service and great rooms for a very reasonable price. The pools are very inviting and are an oasis from the hustle and bustle of the busy streets where you can relax.
Although a bit more pricey than street food, the hotel does have an amazing quality and you wont be disappointed. Thank you Areca for making my stay so enjoyable!
See you soon!!

Room Tip: If staying more than a few days its worth becoming a member of the areca club.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple