“recommend”

Ranked #19 of 449 Hotels in Pattaya
Hong Kong, China
“recommend”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

The bath room still very small after decoration. swimming pool is excellect but the water not clean enough. Sauna room is great & free for room guest. The reception staff is helpful. locate in main street of city heart but need to take local taxi to Big C...shopping mall. Many many Russia & Korean guests inside the hotel.

Room Tip: must try their breadfast which is very good
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
HardRock_Pattaya, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear Chicagocitynight,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya, and for recommending us !

The size of the bathroom has in certain room types, been enlarged but structural factors have limited what we could do. And thank you for pointing out the need to improve the cleanliness of the water; we will review our water treatment and cleaning schedules. Thank you for your feedback.

There are several Big C's in Pattaya; indeed one is 10 minutes away by taxi, but the closest one is 10 minutes' walk away. Also very close by is the new Central Festival Shopping Mall, the largest in Pattaya.

Warmest regards,
Jorge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Let me start by saying that I’m hardly your typical Hard Rock fan - I find Hard Rock Cafes loud and obnoxious, I wouldn’t be caught dead in a Hard Rock t-shirt, I don’t even like hard rock - so I was more than skeptical when a friend suggested staying at the Hard Rock Hotel in Pattaya. “They’ve broken the mold,” he said, by renovating and “re-mixing” the hotel into a plush sanctuary from the beachside madness that is Pattaya. What finally convinced me was a promotion that made the HRH’s nightly rate cheaper than my previous digs in the region. And I’m shocked to report that I really, really enjoyed my stay there.

Firstly, the newly renovated rooms are tasteful, functional and blessedly devoid of photographs of rock legends (yawn). The service was awesome, my ice seemingly delivered as I uttered the word. And room service did a damn good and affordable spicy Som Tum when I wasn’t in the mood to explore my beloved Thai food carts.

Another thing: If I had kids there’s no other place I’d stay, given the myriad ways they keep little ones happy and out of their parents’ hair - from rock climbing to watersports to magic displays and dance-offs.

I’ll confess I’m a fussy traveler and there were also many small things that impressed me, like the one big easy-glide drawer in each room that holds everything you brought (instead of the usual small drawers that I never use). Or the “Dial-0 Hotline” that connects you with any service by dialing zero. Plus, when I asked to open the locked window of my upper-story room to get some fresh air, they upgraded me to a balcony room. Bam! I'm sold. :)

Okay, there was a Saturday night when the music at the pool party kept me awake till 1AM, but that’s the same at any hotel geared toward a younger crowd.

Overall, while I may not be ready to wear a Hard Rock t-shirt, I’d definitely stay at the Hard Rock Pattaya again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank davidartwales
Noida, India
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We stayed at hard Rock on 4,5,6 & 7th January 2012...This is an excellent location and excellent hotel. Me and my wife stayed in this hotel for 4 days and found that it is excellent for Kids also. Througout the day there were activities around the pool and we used to pass our time seeing kids pay around the pool with hotel staff coordinating lots of activities...
The hotel room was clean and I strongly advise that you should look for room with a pool view and if possible with a terrace. The outside view is excellent...Hotel is strongly recommended and I would advise that in Pattaya this is the place to be for young couples and offcourse for couples with kids.....
One more thing...This place has a rocking Foam Party on every Saturday...so do try if you can stay here on saturday night for a special bonanzaaaaa....

Room Tip: look for room with pool view or sea view...Infact pool view room will make u enjoy the pool activiti...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Macao
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We went to Hard Rock from 20 – 25/01/2012.
This was my fourth time there and I know I will be back.
My kids love it, it is quite near to reach. We flight three hours to Bangkok, then we take a taxi to Pattaya and in less than two hours we are at Hard Rock. Taxi is THB1,500.00 but can take the bus, which is less expensive.

This was the first time after the renovation works they’ve made.
The first thing I’ve noticed is the new entry, and also the metallic decoration of the wall with guitars and animals. I just love it!

We stayed in room 726, a Deluxe Seaview and the balcony has been removed to make the room bigger. The table near the bathroom wall and by the side of the bed has been removed as well and it helps to make the room bigger also. And they put a table with 2 chairs in that area.

Under the flat screen TV the table has been extended and has a drawer. There is also a big and very convenient drawer under the place to put the luggage.

In the toilet, the bathtub has been removed and there is only a shower. It is nice, less dangerous and more spacious, but the water comes out to the bathroom floor when we shower. I like the big window/wall from the bathroom to the room that gives plenty of natural light to the bathroom if the blinders are open.

The kids club (Lil’Rock) I think is the same as before but know they also have a teens club (Tabu) that looked quite nice with things to entertain the teens like Wii, table tennis, a theater where they can make music, etc.

The Starz restaurant is different as well; all open and looks more spacious. Breakfast has some different items every day.
Dinner at Saturday night is very good and worth the price you pay. And kids bellow 12 years eat for free.

Now, there’s also a Pizzeria. We didn’t eat there, mainly because the choice of pasta is not much and they don’t have all kids’ favorite pasta: spaghetti Bolognese. So here’s a suggestion to improve.

The chairs by the pool were always occupied and I don’t know if there is less chairs or the hotel was busier this time.

I felt that there were less activities promoted by the rock agents than before, but, as always, the rock agents know how to entertain the kids and make the activities more fun. My son arrives at Hard Rock and loves to find the rock agents that always tell him “Welcome home!”

And we will go back!

Room Tip: There is an Italian restaurant at Central Festival Shopping Centre - Mamma Mia that is not expensiv...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2012

selected the two of us 2 night package which was fabulous

added to the usual room rate was

rosses for the special woman in your life
sparkling wine and strawberries
his and her hard rock t shirts
his and her spa treatment (which i converted into two single trips for the wife)
and a seven course romatic meal

fantastic value for money cant wait to go again

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple