Used our Marriot points so it was an okay place to stay but I wouldn’t pay the rack rate to stay here. We used the handy Bell Travel bus from the airport and they dropped us at the hotel for 200 BHT each. Staff met us and helped us with our bags and we received welcome drinks and cool cloths. Check in was super fast. Sea view room is okay – fairly clean (could use some bleaching in the bathroom), beds are fairly small but comfy with decent linens. Lots of hangers and there’s a fridge, kettle, hair dryer, tub/shower combo, TV with movies, WIFI that’s solid and a/c that works well. View of the harbour is good.
Unfortunately the tub is too small for the shower head so water sprays onto the sides and drips onto the floor. They’ve placed a piece of wood on the floor to divert the water to the drain but the drain is higher than the floor so water pools. It makes quite a mess. Turn down service cleaned it up for us but it’s a hassle. We asked reception if this was typical in each room and it was so we didn’t bother changing rooms. On a good note: there’s plenty of hot water, the water pressure is great and the towels are large and soft.
The manager spoke to us at departure and was genuinely interested in feedback so that was nice. He said there are plans to renovate in the very near future. Opted out of breakfast but did eat lunch at the pool and both food and service were good. Our night was super quiet. After our last day of diving we could use the health spa to shower and clean up for our 6:30 bus pick up and that was very handy.
Had Indian food across the road and it was decent. There's a great food court on the top floor of the mall - as well as coffee shops and fast food if that's your thing. Diving with Mermaids was merely okay – I’ve certainly been with better companies. If they started earlier one could easily get three dives in instead of 2. Diving in Pattaya isn’t great for experienced divers: visibility ranges from 4 to 8 metres with not much to see.
I would not return to Pattaya – it seems more inclined towards men seeking the company of Thai women. Divers looking for an easy dive spot to get to from Bangkok should go to Koh Chang or better yet, Phuket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in style, at AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa. Located in the heart of the city, there's so much to see and do - and you'll love the view. For work or play, we'll make your day, with endless options to adventure or unwind. Gather your team in contemporary, airy meeting rooms with state of the art facilities, or bring the family to experience the simple pleasures of fun by the sea. We'll keep everyone interested, with AVANIKIDS for the little ones. Take in a game of golf with friends. Share fun with the family at a nearby waterpark. Taste a world of flavours in our selection of the finest restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotelopia and Evoline ltd so you can book your AVANI Pattaya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Pattaya Hotel Pattaya
- Marriott Pattaya Resort And Spa
- Pattaya Marriott