“Saw another Great FIlm”
Review of The Porch

The Porch
Ranked #85 of 146 things to do in Pattaya
Reviewed 23 January 2017

Saw another great film here while on a 4 weeks break in Pattaya, Saw Rouge One, , and it was Awesome, you get a bucket of Pop Corn, flavour of choise, ALBEIT They brough the wrong flavour but was swapped over and a cold drink as part of the Fee,

We went for the bed this time and it was so comfy

Well worth a Try

DONE

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

I've rated this poor largely on value for money, considering the other excellent premier cinema experience available in this complex - the 'First Class' experience which has been well reviewed below. And tickets for the standard screens are 3-4 times less expensive that the Porch. But there's a bit more to say, otherwise I wouldn't bother sharing a review:
I missed all showings of the latest Bourne movie and it was only showing at the Porch. Movies usually show here when they are on their way out. That's the only reason I used it.
Yes it's a premier venue (with an equally premier price). You are given the VIP treatment, get your 'free' drink and popcorn and to choose from a variety of sofas and recliners. If the weather is good they open up part of the walls to make it semi open air. In those respects I do think it really is a rather unique venue which many would find well worth a visit. But buried in there are a couple of kickers:
1. It's a REALLY personal space; just a few people in there. So if one likes using his phone or another likes to talk, or one unfortunately has a cold or an attack of wind, well you get the picture.
2. Opening to the outside invariably lets in the wildlife, which is still there the next day or more, whether the screens are opened again or not.
In short I recommend wearing your patient hat and your DEET, and you could enjoy a really different cinema experience. If that type of prep isn't what premier cinema is about for you, then forget the Porch. Hope you enjoy it if you go for it...

1  Thank longhaulEngland
Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

Went to the porch cinema in central shopping Centre pattya and was well taken by surprise firstly I have never seen a cinema set up like this absolutely fantastic you had 3 types of sitting aragments to pick from we opted for the sofa beds version before entering the pictures you get to choose a beverage of your choice many to pick from alcoholic drinks to soft drinks and fruit juices also a choose of popcorn as well nice friendly staff big open cinema it is the top end of the market for cinemas in PattAya you pay a little bit more but for what you get it is worth every penny would recommend to my friends and family

Reviewed 28 September 2015

I only used the Porch once to see a film. I treated a local Thai Girl. You are treated like VIP guests, but there is a premium price approx 700 baht per each. A one off. You watch the movie from your own Circular comfy bed, which is just amazing. It was a great experience really enjoyed it. Everything was First Class all the way.

Treat yourself just once to this experience , and you wont forget it.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 April 2015

Although the page is titled “the Porch”, there is no separate review page for the other class of theaters at Central Beach Pattaya (and other related cinemas). My review will feature the “FIRST CLASS CINEMA”. The airplanes have “economy”, “business” and “first class” – so why shouldn’t the movie theater!

We decided to see Fast and Furious 7 as soon as it was released here in Thailand. We haven’t been to the movies in almost a year, so I decided to try and make this a special event and book a seat in the VIP theater.

The Porch is not rated well here on TA. Too much outside light, and too much noise from the Bowling Alley next door, as well as uncomfortable air temperature negatively affected the movie experience according to the reviews. The price was 600b ($18.50USD) per person. I decided the reviews were enough to keep me from booking at the Porch.

Then I remembered that there was another theater – the “FIRST CLASS” theater. In researching I found that each ticket provides entrance into the exclusive lounge up to one hour before, for unlimited munchies and soft drinks. In the theater itself, you have an individual chair, or a dual controlled 2-person couch, that (electrically) reclines almost flat. A light blanket is also provided because Thai theaters are usually quite chilly. Free unlimited popcorn (sweet or salty) and soft drinks are also delivered to your seat, and refilled as you wish through the movie. The price for this was 700b ($21.65USD) per person.

We chose the first class cinema and enjoyed the movie. We reclined our chairs/couch and got completely comfortable. The movie was loud (almost too loud for me) but the volume is used to drown out any possible ambient noise like cell phones or talking (of which I didn’t notice any!).

Great experience – two people $43.00USD; includes almost fully reclining lounge chairs, a blanket, unlimited popcorn and soft drinks in the movie, and comfortable seating in the lounge waiting for the movie to start. I enjoyed the fresh cut fruit to snack on.

CONS:
Table on one side only – make sure whichever one of you likes to sip his drink the most sites on the side of the table!

Didn’t know about call button. We needed refills but didn’t know that each chair has a call button to contact the attendant. We tried to wave our hands in the air and didn’t get much luck.

Lack of attendants. There were 6 of 7 staff (too many) in the lounge before the movie. When we went to the theater, the lounge was empty, yet only ONE staff member (not enough) was working to provide drinks and popcorn to all the attendees. Where did the other 5 or 6 staff go and why didn’t management make them do their job and help to serve their guests?

TIPS:
Don’t get comfortable until after standing for king. Fully reclining, covering up with the blanket, etc., then you realize you have to get out of the chair to stand!

I think we spend about $25USD when we go to the movies in the US, with popcorn and drinks. So an additional $18 to have no one near you, no one bumping your seat, no one talking within a foot of you, no one in front of you where you can’t cross your legs, no giant sitting in front of you blocking your view …. Plus a fully reclining seat and blanket …. Absolutely worth the extra money.

First Class Cinema – you have a new repeat customer!

(an excellent review of all Thailand's premium cinemas is here http://www.bangkokpost.com/print/490728/)

2  Thank Joe M