“Unforgettable sevan days in Pattaya.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pattaya
Around The Corner Bar and Guesthouse
Ranked #231 of 566 Pattaya B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

Sevan dayas I spent in this hotel were memorable.staff was very friendly and caring.I am planing to go there again on the 13 th April 2016 which means just in three weeks.I recommand this place to anyone who looks for to stay safely.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Luxmanjayamanne

Reviewed 24 October 2014

Roger Wood left a few months ago and there is a new owner, who emailed me to let me know of the change. As I enjoyed myself a lot last time and was planning another trip I booked up for a 10 day stay in September (as implied in my last report)

I could not get the same room but the one above (R3 I think) which was ok except that the bed was truly awful and he room smelt rather musty, to such an extent I had to get extra blankets to cover the springs I could feel through the mattress covers and get some air freshener. When I needed to extend my stay by a few days I moved to a nearby guesthouse which had a much superior room (with super bed) for only an extra 50THB per night.

The other great thing about the guesthouse before was Roger himself, a very open and welcoming guy (albeit a heavy smoker) who was happy to befriend and play tourguide for me and generally enjoy himself.

I did not even speak to the new owner, did not introduce himself, although at least two or the original staff were still working there, in other words it felt a noticeably less welcoming, something a guesthouse must be able to do (a real selling point for a GH compared to a big hotel)

Given the huge amount of competition in this town even at the 600-700 price point and the apparent drop in room quality I felt that I could not justify another stay in this place.

Room Tip: R1 was a good room but be sure to check the bed quality first, given what you will be up to in it.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul R
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed here my last trip to Pattaya and will be going back the prices are great and the rooms are clean and quite, but close enough to all the nightlife. Roger (the owner) is a really nice man and I look forward to having a drink with him when I go back in 3 weeks, This place cant be beaten make it your first choice when staying in Thailand

Room Tip: all the rooms are good but I prefer the silver rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank phase323
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This guesthouse is located just off Beach Road Soi 3 and for me represents excellent value. Not only are the rooms well equipped (I was upgraded at no extra charge for my stay) but Roger (the business owner) and his staff went out of their way to make me feel really welcome and at home, something no other guesthouse has really done. Roger also spent a lot of time talking to me about the best places to visit and even accompanied me to a few of them - I learned a lot from him, which other business owner does that?

My room (R1) was very large and had all the regular hotel amenities, Aircon, decent wifi, 32" TV with good reception, fridge and minibar, sofa and small room safe along with a huge and new bed. The staff also supplied extra towels and pillows at my request, they were all very discreet and non judgemental.

Rogers staff cook a huge English breakfast and supplies English Tea, something they are keen to promote. If you want to bring your lunch or dinner you can do so and eat it on their tables in the bar. BTW they do not do pancakes ;-) but there is plenty of bottled ice cold beer.

Jav (not sure of the spelling) cleans the rooms and she will do your laundry within 8 hours if you tell her by 10am, way better than the 24 hour service offering you get outside the bar and a service I made good use of, given the very humid weather this time of year.

The location is excellent, close to the infamous Soi 6 and a few other areas of note, that said I did hire a motorbike and they had no problem with me parking it outside the guesthouse. There is a 7-ll, a pharmacy, money changer and several bars and proper massage shops within a stones throw. Despite the proximity to the nightlife it was a very quiet area, something very important to me.

This business is based in some older buildings so do not expect everything to work (e.g some of the lights and curtains) and to look like new but I am being very picky.

For sheer service, value for money and the so "at home" feeling I cannot think of anywhere else I would book again, this is my 6th trip to Pattaya and my 6th accommodation, I will not hesitate to call or email Roger and his staff first when I plan to come back.

Room Tip: Room R1 is on the 1st floor so not too many stairs. Very spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul R
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great place good host roger the shriek. Nice cold icy beer. Great English breaky. Staff great 3 minute walk to mall 5 montes from beach 7 eleven round the corner 5 minute walk to soy6 to chriss bar corner great fun great guys

• Stayed: May 2014