“Lovely experience with Thai Holiday Homes”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed 25 April 2012 for a stay in April 2012
people found this review helpful

We rented this villa for 5 nights through Villarenters.com. On arrival we were met by a rep from Thailand holiday homes who manage the villa and other villas in this private village.

We were told the we dont get the free car as we are only renting for 5 nights.(no mention of this on villarenters.com website) The car was a major selling point for us choosing this villa.
So we had a 10 minute walk everyday to get out the village then a 5 minute taxi ride to jontiem beach... Pattaya costs about 300bhat in taxi, about 15 minutes to pattaya.

The rep laughed when we asked about a beach being within walking distance.
The rep apologised for only having one TV working properly. (no satellite)
The rep said her manager will come see us in 15 minutes about a car. (no show)

The villa is ok. The pool is lovely and gets cleaned regularly. A very quick visit by villa cleaners everyday.

The on/off button on the washing machine disapeared inside the machine (held together by stickytape). A phone call to Thailand holiday homes and the rep informs us there is a laundrette nearby we can use if the repair man can't repair the washing machine. The repair man arrived super fast and took away the top plastic casing, leaving bare wires and showing us what we had to press to operate. Very dangerous as 3 young children in our party.

Wi-fi off or/and very slow.

For the price payed VERY DISAPOINTED!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Pool.
Liked least: Location bad without car
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
24 Apr 2012
Dear Alastair
My sincere apologies in 9 years as the owner of this company I have never received such a sad report regarding the service of my staff!

You will see that we have hundreds if not thousands of glowing referrals and Baan-Duan is a top dollar villa.
I thank you for bringing this sloppy service to my attention and only wish that you had done so directly to me in my Viewpoint office only 100 yards from Baan-Duan!
I would point out that Jomtien Beach is only a 10 minute walk and I have done this with my children on many occasion, the beach is precisely 1000 meters away. The distance to Sukhumvit road is also about 100 meters so a 5 minute walk is a very slow one, we also have a baht taxi service at the office with a door to door service at very cheap rates.
We do not offer a free car for bookings of less than 7 nights, however having checked this property on Flipkey it does say we do provide one which is an error but had we known the website stated this we would have provided a car no problem.

It is quite evident that the person attending to your service needs was certainly out of order and will be disciplined accordingly.
Please accept our sincere apologies and please make yourself known if you come again we will certainly compensate you for this issue!
Kind regards

Paul
C.E.O.
josepha67
Turaif, Saudi Arabia
“Not Exactly Luxury!”
Reviewed 24 October 2011 for a stay in July 2011
people found this review helpful

Start off with being stranded in BKK Airport for an hour as the driver slept in! ! Good start.

The car provided was great, although the clutch slips.

The location is great for Jomtien and access to Pattaya as it is pretty close to Pattaya Tai.

As you walk through the main gate the pool is directly in front of you. Although the pool was perfect for us (4 people) and the temperature perfect as it gets full sun all day, I can't imagine a house with a capacity for 10 people having a pool so small. The bbq on the patio is a 3 burner of decent size and was appreciated and well used.

Best room in this house is the living room. Leather sofa's, 50" LED TV and a great selection of channels which kept my kids happy on lazy days!

Kitchen is under stocked with utensils. No steak Knives, no grater, pots & pans limited and no dishwasher.

Airconditioning for livingroom was good and 2 x fans also supplied.

Upstairs, it is a different story. The bedrooms x 4 are like ovens unless you have the airconditioning on at least 2 hours prior to going to bed, but they are in the wrong locations and seem undersized. My daughter's aircon never worked and never fixed after informing the responsible people twice.

Beds are very hard and are unsprung mattresses placed on solid plywood base, making them uncomfortable.

The bathrooms (for the size of the house) are so ridiculous that we had to laugh. One of the bathrooms are so small that you are virtually showering standing in the toilet bowl. No shower curtains, etc making the whole bathroom soaking after use.

Very basic designed house with very basic features.

WIFI is very unreliable and I phoned many times for this. About every 3rd day it was not possible to get a connection.

The people who manage the house are great and obliging, but in no way is in luxury living for the price.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The bbq
Liked least: Bathrooms, Wifi Access
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
London

Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Denmark
Reviewed 20 August 2010 for a stay in July 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing