“Jewel in the Crown”

Price range: USD 30 - USD 70
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2017

As a Twice Yearly Visitor to Thailand we always Have a few Meals at THE GRILL ROOM inside the Royal Cliff Hotel Complex.

The Staff are always Friendly and Attentive and treat us like life long friends.
They even research what you like to drink and have it ready and Waiting.

The Food being the most important part is very good and reliable. I can recommend
The Scampi Bisque . All main dishes are good eating. Our fellow Regular hotel
guests also love this Restaurant.

We look forward to a leisurely evening at The Grill Room again soon.

Best Wishes to all Staff and also Hi to the Most wonderful crew at The Royal

Wing at the Complex.

Dave & Glyn Prince

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend the Grill Room. The Room itself is very comfortable, the food is consistently of high quality, the menu is extensive with the Gourmet Menu always innovative. The staff are so friendly and professional they deserve special recognition. Congratulations to all those involved, from the chefs, to the waiters, not forgetting the pianist, and to the management who continue to support the concept of the Grill Room. It deserves to be supported so make a booking now!

Reviewed 28 July 2017

I have been wining and dining at the Grill Room, Royal Cliff Hotel, Pattaya, for many years now. It is, if not the favourite, one of my absolute favourite restaurants of all time. Even though they have a very comprehensive and exhaustive a la carte menu, I tend to almost always take their Gourmet Set Menu, comprising, apart from the taster "amuse bouche", two starters, whereof one is a soup, a main course and a dessert followed by tea or coffee and home-made pralines, all for Baht 999++. Recently, a new chef, Romano from Germany, has been employed and has proved to be very experimental, imaginative and innovative. I personally welcome this but I still want the more traditional dishes to be served sometimes. A negative change of late is that the Gourmet Set Menu, having been weekly, is now three-weekly, which is far too long to have the same menu, irrespective of how good and delicious it is. The Grill Room has an interesting and good value-for-money wine list. I can also recommend their (vodka and martini) dry martini as an aperitif. Tremendous! A great start to the culinary experience. There is also a resident pianist, whose background musical contributions are very much appreciated. The music, which everyone will recognise, is neither too loud or too quiet. Just right in order to enjoy it in good company with wonderful food and drinks. Despite all written thus far, the best and most enjoyable aspects of the Grill Room are the comfort and atmosphere enriched by the luxurious colonial-style architecture and setting together with the service provided by the excellent, friendly and attentive staff. They are all true professionals. I see myself as a regular at the Grill Room for all these reasons.

Reviewed 10 June 2017

From the warm and welcoming reception to the prompt arrival of the bill when requested the service was outstanding. The flambe prawn bisque with a generous portion of prawns was especially impressive and tasty. My wife had the lamb kebab which was well presented and tasty. My Canadian salmon was equally good. The pianist was very entertaining. I can unreservedly recommend this restaurant for fine dinning.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

The food here was lovely. I especially enjoyed the prawn Bisque. The restaurant is beautiful although very quiet. Service was impeccable. We even had a tour of the wine cellar by the manager.