Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sumjoi
London, United Kingdom

Can't beat the price and location

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 June 2024
Normally choose a superior room, which is comfortable for short and long term stays.

Good:
• Bathtub in bathroom and plenty of space around sink area.
• Large balcony with clothes rack to dry clothes.
• Located in central Pattaya, on Soi Buakhao.
• Parking spaces.
• Price and location are hard to beat.
• Spacious room with two comfy chairs and one wooden chair.

Bad:
• Fridge is small and no microwave.
• Most reception staff not that friendly.
• The bar that was built recently at the front of the hotel can be extremely noisy.

Almost a 5/5 bar a few minor issues.
Date of stay: October 2023
3.6 km from Golden Sea Pattaya
    AU$186
6.8 km from Golden Sea Pattaya
View more hotels in Pattaya
All reviews main soi big balcony per night reception staff recommend this hotel comfortable bed safe box lk metro would stay again good size hot water swimming pool is breakfast buffet location is great tv bath
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 March 2024

Golden Sea Pattaya is in a great location on Soi Buakhao. For this holiday, I was looking for a hotel on a slightly cheaper price point and heard good things about this hotel. The room itself is good. However, I'm not a fan of a hard mattress or a shower over the bath. The air-conditioning was also fine. As for the breakfast offering, I can't comment as I didn't have breakfast there. The swimming pool looks great, again, didn't use it or sit by it, as a Bolt to Jomtien is very reasonable and my preferred option. Lots of water was supplied each day, to the point I had to ask them to stop until I had drank some. There was also only one key card available per room, which for me wasn’t ideal as I had a lady who works until the early hours and couldn’t easily come and stay after work, especially if I was asleep ahead of playing golf in the morning. I'd only stay again if the mattress was softer and the shower was better, as it wasn't massively powerful.

Date of stay: March 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2024

great stay in adjoining rooms with family friendly pleasant staff at check in and out and great service all round special mention for our lady who cleaned the rooms, beds comfortable, and quiet at night, large rooms, 2 pools and great location.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2024 via mobile

Value for money budget hotel set in the heart of Pattaya. Set back from the main road meant it was nice and quiet. We had a nice spacious room with a huge bed.
Staff were pleasant and friendly. Breakfast was very good value given the price we paid, with a good mix of European and Thai cuisine.
Only small quibbles were, like all older hotels, there was a lack of plug points in the room and the shower could be a little more modern.
Will stay again .

Room tip: Very popular, book well in advance
Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2024 via mobile

I really quite liked this place. OK it’s not the Ritz but has everything you need and is in a great Location. They checked me in early which was great. The rooms are spacious and have all the amenities you need including dressing gown, slippers, drinking water, a fridge and a Kettle. Housekeeping came every day and made sure the room was tidy. The corridors are a bit noisy but that’s mostly due to inconsiderate guests coming in at all hours and making noise. I had a nice big balcony overlooking the pool with chairs and somewhere to dry your cloths. The pool is the highlight of the Hotel, very spacious and a really chilled place to spend the afternoon. (Apart from a single bird that squarks all day and is very irritating). Not the Hotels fault of course! There is a 7-11 across the treacherous soi Buakhao (be careful there). I will definitely stay again if the hotel remains as affordable as it is!

Room tip: Try for building 1, it’s definitely the best and quiet if you get pool facing
Date of stay: January 2024
Reviewed 4 January 2024

This hotel is like a jail where everyone watches you and follows your every step. Although I was a single traveler, I’ve paid for two in a room that supposedly fits 3 (which it doesn’t) but they still charged me for every visitor who stayed for few hours, regardless night or day. Although they missed a couple of my male visitors tbh, they certainly hunted my TG friends like hawks, which is pure discrimination. Ridiculous! Although it’s a most common thing in Thailand for visitors to smoke on balconies and outdoor areas like pool, they threatened me with eviction for that! Mind you, it’s in no way a family hotel, I’ve hardly seen any kids, just the usual sex travelling crowds who actually acted rather bizarre. Well, those who agreed to pay that was🥴. Although the whole thing seems semi modern, the quality of the facilities and staff attitude in general is below average. So I suggest you stay away!

Date of stay: December 2023