This hotel mixes amazing experience with poor ones In a uniquely Thai way that makes it tricky to review..
-Amazing pool in your room
-Nice welcome amenities provided
-Some thoughtful ideas to make your stay special e.g. The free boat trip
-Far from everything
-Terrible check in and out (arrived at 1pm sent to the pool to wait where there was loud drilling and boiling heat) what followed was a Koh Samui thunderstorm trapping us there for another hour after the room was ready (the buggies didn't work in heavy rain)... checkout= strange charges VAT added (separate for some things like the tour) that wasn't clearly explained at the time of purchase and the card machine didn't work on multiple attempts
-Expensive drinks, wine minimum 2500 baht a bottle
-room is generally great but could be a little more polished for the price you're paying
- staff are hit and miss, some have great English and are friendly and helpful others are totally clueless, perhaps those are hired to deal with the 70-80% of guests that seemed to be from china and missed the mark with us westerners..
All in all the middle of the stay was great and one of the most fun experiences I have had.. it's a shame the beginning and end weren't handled a little better.. I probably would head to the four seasons were I to return to Koh samui but that being said the Conrad hotel does do somethings fantastically well and I have never had a stay or a view quite like it..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conrad Koh Samui is a luxury pool villa resort located on the south western tip of the popular Thai island, designed to ensure each private pool villa enjoys glorious panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand and its astonishing sunsets. Consisting of 81 private pool villas with one, two or three bedrooms, 3 innovative restaurants, 2 lounges and bars, a private wine cellar and destination dining, the resort provides the individualistic sense of luxury that Conrad has become known for. The award-wining Conrad Spa combines international treatments and Thai spa techniques with distinctive design accents and world-class facilities to delight all of the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, Hilton EMEA, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotelopia and Cancelon so you can book your Conrad Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Conrad Koh Samui Hotel Koh Samui