“Hard to review”
Review of Conrad Koh Samui

Conrad Koh Samui
Ranked #22 of 316 Hotels in Ko Samui
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel mixes amazing experience with poor ones In a uniquely Thai way that makes it tricky to review..

Pros:
-Incredible view
-Amazing pool in your room
-Nice welcome amenities provided
-Tasty food
-Some thoughtful ideas to make your stay special e.g. The free boat trip

Cons:
-Far from everything
-Terrible check in and out (arrived at 1pm sent to the pool to wait where there was loud drilling and boiling heat) what followed was a Koh Samui thunderstorm trapping us there for another hour after the room was ready (the buggies didn't work in heavy rain)... checkout= strange charges VAT added (separate for some things like the tour) that wasn't clearly explained at the time of purchase and the card machine didn't work on multiple attempts
-Expensive drinks, wine minimum 2500 baht a bottle
-room is generally great but could be a little more polished for the price you're paying
- staff are hit and miss, some have great English and are friendly and helpful others are totally clueless, perhaps those are hired to deal with the 70-80% of guests that seemed to be from china and missed the mark with us westerners..

All in all the middle of the stay was great and one of the most fun experiences I have had.. it's a shame the beginning and end weren't handled a little better.. I probably would head to the four seasons were I to return to Koh samui but that being said the Conrad hotel does do somethings fantastically well and I have never had a stay or a view quite like it..

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kencol007
ConradKohSamui, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Kencol007,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and in particular found the facilities and activities provided to be so thoughtful. I am however concerned about the unpleasant experiences with our check in and check out that you’ve described. I sincerely regret that your experience in this regard was not consistent with our normal service offering, our Front Office Manager will take the corrective measures necessary so as to ensure the unforgettable and meaningful service that we have promised.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Conrad Koh Samui

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Very impressive!! This was a great trip for me and my girlfriend. Next trip, we will absolutely stay at Conrad Maldives to try a new experience which i hope it will be excellence as well as Conrad Samui.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear 945amnartt,

I truly appreciate your kind words. Should your travels bring you back to Koh Samui we hope you will stay with us again.

Once again thank you from Conrad family.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I stayed here for four nights as part of my honeymoon in January and we were very lucky we had amazing weather every single day and night.

We really wanted to go to Koh Samui and found that there were two seemingly wonderful hotels, the Four Seasons and this one. The Four Seasons was totally sold out so I went with my second choice, the Conrad. I had been to many Conrad hotels before and I usually find them to be a little outdated and too massive. This hotel was not cheap at all, average per night was around $850 (yes, US dollars). By far one of the most expensive in all of the gulf of Thailand. Definitely expectations were very high.

We decided to rent a car since the hotel is located a very long drive away from the airport, nearly 2 hours if there's traffic. Gladly the car allowed us to move around the island as we desired so I would recommend renting a car if you plan on staying here.

The property is remote and set on a hill and let me just say the views are stunning. The small lobby is really beautiful, they sit you down and they check you in. To access the rooms they have golf karts that take you to the rooms and to the breakfast areas and etc.

I had the breakfast included because I am gold with Hilton so that was nice. They also gave us free drinks at the bar. The rooms/villas are all separate from each other and feature a private plunge (small) pool. We were given a fairly private and secluded one, not many other villas could see into ours.

Due to the fact that this was our honeymoon we expected some treats in the room. There were none.

The view was the most fantastic aspect of the whole stay. They also offer a boat trip to a secluded island where you can snorkel and spend a little while.

On the negative side of the hotel:
The rooms are looking a little bit rundown. The floors the walls, etc.
The food, let me just write about the food and our experience with it. Breakfast was subpar at best, at 850+ dollars a night I expected to be wowed. Since the hotel is so secluded you are kind of trapped and have to consume food and beverage at the hotel. The quality is low and on our second day we got food poisoning from the lunch food. The same restaurant that served breakfast is where we got food poisoning.

This is a foreign country and this can happen, that I understand. Doesn't mean the hotel is dirty or the food had gone bad. What really upset us and bothered us is that on our third whole day we could not move from the bed. We notified the hotel about this and they did little for us. We asked if they had anything for this or offered any sort of help in any way and they did not. We asked for tea and bread to be sent to the room and they charged an enourmous amount for this 'Room Service'. Overall, being very sick, we did not feel taken care of at this hotel. We didn't feel like we were a worry to anybody working here. We were severely sick. We lost a whole day in a very expensive location and nobody seemed to mind. For all they knew we could have died in our rooms and they wouldn't have known. They would probably just add the late check out...

If you want to feel pampered this is not the hotel for you. If you want a property that looks spotless and upkept, this is not the hotel for you. If you care about getting sick from the food this is not the hotel for you. Oh and if you expect being cared for, this is not the hotel for you. STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sebastian P
ConradKohSamui, General Manager at Conrad Koh Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Sebastian P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us some 7 months ago. I have reviewed our duty logs and note that you did report stomach problems and specific offers were made by our team members in an attempt to make your situation more comfortable. We also fully investigated your claim of food poisoning and report that no other cases were reported at that time which is usually the case with contaminated food which usually results in cross contamination.

I very much regret that we did not live up to your expectations and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped by for three days and at the end decided to stay one more night, because it was just to perfect to be true. Very relaxing and quiet with amazing food! The staff is highly motivated to guess your wishes, before you say it and I have eaten here the best gluten free bread, burger and thai food in my life!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017

This review is about how to handle well the unpleasant situation of leaving after one day despite a longer
booking. From the moment of our arrival we knew it was a wrong choice in terms of resort and location.
We swiftly communicated this and the AVP Thomas handled this with excellence. This is an elegant way to
keep a good image for Conrad despite rhe shortcomings of a worn out resort

Stayed: July 2017