I think basically the hotel is what the hotel is, an idyllic but expensive and isolated resort. It's the way in which people deal with this that varies. I suspect many people, like ourselves, come on Hilton miles and hence are more cost conscious, if you can afford to pay for a room, you probably won't baulk at the cost of the rest of the things. If you are on a budget you can keep costs down by going to the Elements Spa for massages, shopping for snacks and booze at the mini mart and eating outside at the Green Ta'lay (which I found a bit disappointing given the Tripadvisor hype especially the building site location). There is also a massage place next to the mini mart where you can get a Thai Massage for $10. I just wish the resort didn't have the world's steepest hill to get in otherwise it would have been a stroll to the outside world rather than a $12 taxi ride.
If you can put the money and the isolation behind you, enjoy the beautiful villas each with their own infinity pools and enjoy great food in the Jahn and Zest restaurants (western big city prices). All the rooms have very comfortable beds, great bathrooms, quiet air conditioning and modern in-room entertainment (including an iPad to borrow). Transport around the resort is via buggy which in general is very reliable and there is a good hotel taxi service albeit a bit more pricey than the local offerings (but not much Mr Samui charges $9 less for the long airport transfer). Breakfast is served in the Zest restaurant or in your room for a supplement ($11 person for Gold members who get breakfast free).
As you would expect in Thailand, the staff are very friendly, service is in general very good but there are probably too many hiccups still for a really top notch resort. What pleased me was that they joined things up and knew your plans for the days so they adjusted buggies etc accordingly.
All in all a wonderful resort and definitely the best place we have we stayed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conrad Koh Samui is a luxury pool villa resort located on the south western tip of the popular Thai island, designed to ensure each private pool villa enjoys glorious panoramic views of the Gulf of Thailand and its astonishing sunsets. Consisting of 81 private pool villas with one, two or three bedrooms, 3 innovative restaurants, 2 lounges and bars, a private wine cellar and destination dining, the resort provides the individualistic sense of luxury that Conrad has become known for. The award-wining Conrad Spa combines international treatments and Thai spa techniques with distinctive design accents and world-class facilities to delight all of the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Agoda, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Conrad Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Conrad Koh Samui Hotel Koh Samui